Thai PM orders study on 'vaccine passports' to boost tourism

webfact

1 hour ago, rucker4012 said:

The IATA has developed a Travel Pass App for vaccinated people. Will include facial recognition to thwart security violations. Should be out this month worldwide.

The new facial recognition software is designed for identifying full face masks......

Not sure what's going to happen.  

The problem with Thailand is it's horrendous roll out plan thus far for vaccines.  If they get herd immunity, then you're golden. At this rate they will have herd immunity by 2035.  

Take heart in that these questions are being asked worldwide, and in particular western nations are looking at herd immunity then relaxing it's borders.  How that will happen remains to be seen.  

Thailand is in uncharted territories right now.  Keep sailing there little buddy.  I'd be more concerned about getting everyone a vaccine, not mucking around with these questions.  

9 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Meanwhile the tourist industries of Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Indonesia continue to recover steadily, as vaccinated tourists are allowed to enter those countries...

Weed man (aka health min) wasn't to make ????????????????.  Also a theory that the powers to be are buying up broken tourist assets cheap

Still not being answered by the IATA or any of the "vaccine passport" promoters is the simple fact.

VACCINATED PEOPLE CAN CARRY AND SPREAD THE VIRUS !!!!!!!!

So, how the devil do you let these people in without quarantine...........you simply cannot unless you want massive super spreading of Covid in your country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, newnative said:

Well, let's see.  First we would need to be vaccinated in order to get a vaccine passport to allow us to travel so first Thailand would need to have millions of doses of vaccines.  Instead of a study on vaccine passports, how about a study on why there are no vaccines in sufficient quantities now?  And, why there are none until June at the very earliest.  Maybe less study and more action.

What, and hold some top brass accountable for his/their inaction and ineptitude? No finger pointing and loss of face please, they are doing an amazing job, seeing as how they aren't qualified!

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2021 at 8:43 AM, webfact said:

The PM to proceed with caution & waiting to see how effective the vaccine are first in preventing covid-19 

The PM doesn't have to waist any more time to see if the vaccine is  successful, he has only got to look at Countries which are well on there way to vaccinating all there population, ie, Israel, UK, and others. 

20 hours ago, sezze said:

What has that got to do with it ? The results are based on real life situations , vaccinated vs non vaccinated , X- amount of people did get sick when being vaccinated vs Y-amount of people who did get the placebo who did get sick . If nobody got sick in both groups then there wasnt enough data ( theres also other things like antibody check ) to get it approved .

Wearing a mask together with vaccine will not make any difference in those numbers . Only thing what matters is , that you are much more likely to come in contact with the virus without mask / social distance ... , but the chance of infection vs non infection stays the same.

Stop posting bull***t .

This one simulates spread of virus with masks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2020/12/11/coronavirus-airborne-video-infrared-spread/

It makes a lot of difference whether the mask is properly fitted to the face.

5 hours ago, placnx said:

This one simulates spread of virus with masks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2020/12/11/coronavirus-airborne-video-infrared-spread/

It makes a lot of difference whether the mask is properly fitted to the face.

Yes i know masks do a lot on stopping the spread if worn correctly . My answer was on the infection rate of people who are vaccinated vs non vaccinated , like a mask would lose their efficiency when the measures are taken out . Vaccinated people will get less sick in the same amount with or without masks . So if it works lets say 70% , then that would be also 70% without masks also , but more people will get infected , since masks still prevent rapid spread .

17 hours ago, sezze said:

Yes i know masks do a lot on stopping the spread if worn correctly . My answer was on the infection rate of people who are vaccinated vs non vaccinated , like a mask would lose their efficiency when the measures are taken out . Vaccinated people will get less sick in the same amount with or without masks . So if it works lets say 70% , then that would be also 70% without masks also , but more people will get infected , since masks still prevent rapid spread .

Actually, vaccination plus mask works incrementally. Especially with the Brazil variant we have to take more precautions if advance signs of infectiousness and mortality are confirmed.

Most overseas travellers carry a booklet of past vaccinations that includes dates, batch codes, name/type of vaccine & location where inoculated.  So cannot see a need for a "Vaccine Passport" as it already exists in a widely approved WHO format.

5 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Most overseas travellers carry a booklet of past vaccinations that includes dates, batch codes, name/type of vaccine & location where inoculated.  So cannot see a need for a "Vaccine Passport" as it already exists in a widely approved WHO format.

Which is very easily faked/copied.

PS;  I have not seen/used a yellow fever certificate etc in the last thirty years (or more)!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, RR2020 said:

That means of 100% of people who got the jab, only 72% did not get infected with Covid.

So 28% of the people who got the J&J jab in the USA went on to catch Covid-19.

That's a complete mis-characterisation of what the efficacy numbers mean.

Those efficacy percentages mean that if you look at the people who got Covid after getting the vaccine, 72% were in the control group.

It does not mean that 28% of the people who got the vaccine got infected with CoViD-19.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, lks7689 said:

Negative pcr is no indication the person is not already infected while during the incubation period. That's the whole idea of quarantine. It's proven so many times people can have a negative test today and test positive a week or two later. Some even three weeks later. 

They say there have been some up to three weeks anything more than 5 days has shown to be extremely rare. More like 3 days.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2021 at 5:17 PM, fangless said:

Which is very easily faked/copied.

PS;  I have not seen/used a yellow fever certificate etc in the last thirty years (or more)!

Agreed however fake passports abound too.

I am travelling now.  I have been travelling for the whole of 2020 and 2021 (so far).  I dont need a vaccine passport.  Some places I do quarantine and others not.

A vaccine passport does NOT MEAN YOU ARE NOT carrying the virus.   So what does it do ???????????

A vaccine passport does not mean you will not get the virus.  So what does it do ??????????

Supporters will say there is less chance, yes thats correct.  But there is not ZERO chance............  A vaccine passport cannot and will not guarantee 100% that you are not carrying or will not get the virus or one of its mutations.  Therefore it serves no purpose.

How many people contract and die of TB per year in the world and in Thailand......and yet....there is no requirement for a TB Vaccine Passport ????