Thai Visa Forum

At the ASQ Hotel I stayed we had one rule that to me was confusing:

No yogurt or any pasteurized food(I'm guessing milk?).  The only answer I got was "government rules"?

Normally I have yogurt almost daily and drink milk.  I found out years ago yogurt was one of the foods that eases any stomach issues.

Did anyone else see such rule a  during their ASQ experience?

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Did anyone else see such rule a  during their ASQ experience?

Everyone would; as you posted yourself, it's Government rules not hotel rules.

Posted (edited)

I was never shown any proof this was a government rule about yogurt or pasteurized products.  I simply got a curt and short verbal reply. AKA:  shut up and don't bother me type of response.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
14 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I was never shown any proof this was a government rule about yogurt or pasteurized products.  I simply got a curt and short verbal reply. AKA:  shut up and don't bother me type of response.  

Well to be honest, I have not seen any ‘government rule’ which states no alcohol or no fresh-food from outside in  ASQ...  Everyone seems to know the rule though...   There must be a list somewhere. 

I’m not sure if not allowing ‘Yoghurt’ into ASQ is its own specific rule or if the hotel think it falls under the ‘fresh food’ rule. 

The staff at the ASQ I stayed at would go to 7-11 for me to buy milk (Meji) for my AM coffee (for whatever reason, they didn’t serve their own and I didn’t want powdered milk). 

The fresh-food rule exists to prevent people from buying street food etc..  some may get sick and need hospital treatment etc so the easier solution is to ban all fresh-food items to prevent the arguments that ‘Pizza is ok, Som-Tam is not’ etc... 

Posted (edited)

I checked the FB page.  Could not find “the Rules”?  I saw a video of an ASQ guest who ordered yogurt from 7-11 and the hotel brought to her room.  Oh well the question has been answered:  The Rules are Whatever the Hotels decides it is.  Should have realized as always:  TIT, welcome to LOS.  

Also, the question was directed at those who had completed ASQ.  On that note thank you Richard Smith237 for your  first hand reply.  

Subject should now be closed,.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
7 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I wouldn’t be so hasty to get the subject closed - you may received some good advice. The end game here while you are in quarantine is to get what you want. 

Someone may have a list of the rules they can find and send you. 

You could also try to speak with the Manager and ask him if they will collect some yoghurt from the nearby 7-11 for you - try and explain the importance of the yoghurt for you. 

At the very least ask them to get some fresh milk for you. 

13 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Also, the question was directed at those who had completed ASQ.

And the group I referred you to is full of people that are currently doing or recently completed quarantine. As ... interesting ... as TV is, it's not the be all and end all for accurate and current information on all topics Thailand (especially ASQ due to the demographics of the membership, people like Richard are the exceptions in this case as he has travelled in and out unlike the vast majority of the membership).

• Like 2
3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Why?  Others may benefit from the conversation even if you flounce off.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The fresh-food rule exists to prevent people from buying street food etc..  

Seems odd - I've read a few reports of Grab Food deliveries being allowed.

1 hour ago, treetops said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The fresh-food rule exists to prevent people from buying street food etc..  

Seems odd - I've read a few reports of Grab Food deliveries being allowed.

That is interesting - It would be interesting to see these reports.

Having done ASQ there was definitely no outside food allowed at TwoThree Hotel (ASQ). 

It would be good to know / learn of a places which do allow Grab Delivery just incase the food at my next ASQ is unbearable or I fancy something different. I’m not that fussy, but its nice to have the option. 

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would be good to know / learn of a places which do allow Grab Delivery just incase the food at my next ASQ is unbearable or I fancy something different.

Here's one on here from the same OP as this from few days ago.  Not a good review but Grab and Foodpanda get a mention.  I also recall reports of friends or family dropping off meals at hotel receptions for "guests" so there must be flexibility from place to place.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1207742-asq-hotel-review/

• Like 1

As for yoghurt and milk, the former was on the daily menu for each of the three meals (yoghurt, granola, and fruit -- quite nice!), and milk was provided in a glass when my wife requested it a few times.  Our hotel's menu seemed to us to have been advised by the partner hospital, for whatever we ordered we always got fresh fruit or salad with it.

As far as outside deliveries are concerned, we were aware (don't remember where we read or heard it) that outside deliveries of only 'dry' goods were allowed.  Not that we felt the need for extra food while locked down!

• 2 weeks later...

Different hotels are using different rules. TIT

For food, some, like Anantara Riverside, will allow outside cooked food to be brought in by a relative or friend if you sign a waiver. That's on their website!

Some other rules that are very different depending on the hotel are some places don't allow you to open a window. Others don't allow access to a balcony until after the 1st or 2nd PCR test. Some allow balcony access from day 1.