Five People Report Mild Side Effects from Covid Vaccine

snoop1130

Five People Report Mild Side Effects from Covid Vaccine

142460-e1614661329642-1536x806.j.jpg

BANGKOK, March 2 (TNA) – Five people, given a Covid –19 vaccine reported some side-effects, said Opas Karnkavinpong, Director-General of the Disease Control Department. None was serious.

Five recipients, four in Samut Sakhon and one on Samui Island experienced some undesirable after-effects of Covid vaccine shot.

Four had some soreness and swelling around the injection site after the first dose. The other, who is a medical professional had nausea and vomiting.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-647195

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-03-02

19 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

My Mum(83) had hers before my sister and no problems

I had my first dose of Pfizer a week ago, with no noticeable affects.  My niece, 30 years my junior, had the same jab and had flu like symptoms for 2 days.  Would have kept her out of work if her company (major oil company) hadn't had her working from home.  She was able to fake it for the online meetings.

• Like 1

that's why each patient is interviewed before each vax, has to be informed of side effects and has to sign an agreement.

After a jab everybody should stay close to the treatment room under observation and nurse has to give a nod to each patient.

I was having MMR booster the last Wednesday, the very same day vax landed, next to me was a young guy, who became dizzy just a short minutes after a jab. He was promptly taken care by 2 nurses.

That's absolutely not significant, not worth mentioning in the press conference.

However, my close relative died recently within 36h of moderna. She was almost 100 yo, but in reasonable physical health, not ill prior to vax. 

I wonder how much is psychosomatic? Would require double blind tests (saline v genuine article) and all that and who's got the time or inclination for that?  I'd like to take the jab and check side effects, but that seems to be beyond the event horizon for expats here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wasabi said:

Which vaccine was used? I don't see it noted in the original article either.

To date there's only one vaccine approved for use in Thailand, take a wild guess where it comes from!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

4 were mild yes, but how do you classify Vomiting and nausea as a mild side effect.

We do not know how long the nausea lasted. We are not told if there was  big or little vomit. we do not know if this person was stressed out or had bad food prior.....

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

Sinovac from our Chinese friends.

The Az jab still has "paperwork issues" which is why the PM chickened out.

Be fair. The Sinovac vaccine is recommended for younger people and the General prime Minister is elderly.

38 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

My worry is the speed that these were created and the fact that all long term possible side effects have been investigated.  

There have been many cases where quick solutions did not work in the long run.

Not again!

I see many many, many times in many, many  topics explanation of the development of the vaccine.

Oxford was working on the vaccine since SARS and there was clinical work for 10+ years. The mRNA  vaccines are derived from cancer therapies that started in  early 1990's.  On the contrary, vaccines have been LONG time in the development!

The china vaccine is based upon the research from USA, Canada and UK. IMO, the evidence shows that China stole a large part of the technical information through espionage and hacking. Although, the stupid Canadians handed over all their research to China  on the basis that China was to manufacture the vaccine for Canada.  China said no, but thank you for the vital information and technology. You have to be very stupid and clueless to do what canada did. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7302194/canada-coronavirus-vaccine-deal-china/

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Had the AZ. Day after had a mild headache all day, slight fever, and felt very tired. 

Felt fine the next day. 

It's a sign of the body making a strong immune response. It's good. 

Please reframe from making positive comments.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

For reference here in "organized" Cambodia (Khmer Times 3 March 2021):-

"Cambodia welcomed the long-awaited first batch of AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccines at the Phnom Penh International Airport yesterday evening"

Maybe Thailand is delaying at the request of it's Chinese puppet masters!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

that's why each patient is interviewed before each vax, has to be informed of side effects and has to sign an agreement.

After a jab everybody should stay close to the treatment room under observation and nurse has to give a nod to each patient.

I was having MMR booster the last Wednesday, the very same day vax landed, next to me was a young guy, who became dizzy just a short minutes after a jab. He was promptly taken care by 2 nurses.

That's absolutely not significant, not worth mentioning in the press conference.

However, my close relative died recently within 36h of moderna. She was almost 100 yo, but in reasonable physical health, not ill prior to vax. 

Were there are any warnings that Moderna can't be used over a certain age?

Death is really serious and why did Moderna not give any prior warnings beforehand?

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

4 were mild yes, but how do you classify Vomiting and nausea as a mild side effect.

I have had the AZ vaccine, I had mild after effects which included nausea although I did not vomit. I also had a headache. But it was mild and went after the second day. Please be confident in the AZ vaccine and don’t let people who comment on second hand information deter anyone. Even Macron and Merkel have apologised for giving out misinformation.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Were there are any warnings that Moderna can't be used over a certain age?

Death is really serious and why did Moderna not give any prior warnings beforehand?

Is there any evidence that the death was due to the vaccine? At that age it could be anything. Regardless it's very sad but still an achievement reaching that age.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kimamey said:

Is there any evidence that the death was due to the vaccine? At that age it could be anything. Regardless it's very sad but still an achievement reaching that age.

It was stated that she had no underlying illness before the vaccine so the cause is obvious.

Edited by EricTh

22 hours ago, Crossy said:

Sinovac from our Chinese friends.

The @ paperwork issues@ were that the Chinese ambassador wrote to him stating his Chines master would only allow the PM to use Sinovac, or all financial assistance ceases.

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It was stated that she had no underlying illness before the vaccine so the cause is obvious.

It's not obvious. And unless an autopsy was performed, you have no idea if they had an underlying condition or not.

The vaccine is very safe. It's better to get the jab than not. Most who have died in the US were old people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

No it absolutely is not obvious. Getting a vaccine does not make you immortal. People will still die at the same rate after having a vaccine, as they would have done had they not had the vaccine.

If I said to you that one of my relatives once died within 24 hours of eating a piece of bread, does that mean the bread killed them? Of course it doesn't.

• Like 1

family did not request autopsy, as it would delay funeral by weeks or months, adding only to trauma. They are also mostly religious (when her husband died in hospital she begged doctors no to perform autopsy). Also they are present government supporters, so wanted to brush the case aside.

Once buried nothing further can be done.

Retirement home (run by nuns) also advised against autopsy, as they wanted to vaccinate the rest of occupants without delays. Despite, the majority of elderly not vaccinated yet, with support from their families, withdraw from the program as soon as death was recorded.  

According to my niece the very same week they started vaccination program at  retirement homes there was a wave of deaths.

My sister in law, retired, but still active medical doctor, had moderna and was hose bound for several days, too frail to go out.

Small chance, that any vax was tested on elderly, for speed of research usually 18 - 60 or 65

3 minutes ago, internationalism said:

According to my niece the very same week they started vaccination program at  retirement homes there was a wave of deaths

As I alluded to in my earlier post, it is important to note that serious adverse events, including deaths are unfortunately likely to occur at a similar rate in vaccinated people as they would in the general population. Such events may be totally unrelated to the vaccine.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that people in retirement homes die - and as a general rule, are likely to die at a higher rate over any given time period than younger, fitter and more healthy individuals.

this lady died within 36h after moderna, alzheimer but otherwise able to walk, go to bathroom, eat independently.

There was "a wave", ie higher volume, of many unexplained deaths shortly after jab. Probably also autopsies not carried. The majority of retirement homes are run by the government, fso they would try to follow vax program as fast as possible. 

there were problems in india, where the majority of receiving vax were medics, working age (not elderly) and reasonably healthy (not sick, frail).

once they start vax on a large scale, some 10mln per month, there would be many cases 

Edited by internationalism