Questions regarding COE application form

Hi all,

My apologies if these questions have already been asked, any insight would be much appreciated as I can't seem to find answers elsewhere.

1. On the COE website under "types of permitted persons" there doesn't seem to be any option for tourists aside from the STV, am I missing something here?

2. We will be applying for our Thai Visa in Turkey however we plan to visit family friends in Ethiopia on the way. Are there any requirements regarding departure country and country of application ? On the COE application we can only select our Departure Country and the Embassy within the country. I'm unable to select Ethiopia as a departure country and Thai Embassy in Turkey for the place of application

Cheers

I have just recieved my visa for Thailand but it was based on being married to a Thai national. I agree with you there is nothing, unless I have missed something, that allows tourists to enter thailand as yet.

2 minutes ago, upu2 said:

I have just recieved my visa for Thailand but it was based on being married to a Thai national. I agree with you there is nothing, unless I have missed something, that allows tourists to enter thailand as yet.

They have been issuing METVs and STVs for some time now, the embassy here in Turkey however don't issue STV's. It's mainly the COE application that I'm confused about

1 minute ago, corones said:

They have been issuing METVs and STVs for some time now, the embassy here in Turkey however don't issue STV's. It's mainly the COE application that I'm confused about

Wht I had to produce for the COE which incidentially was approved today, was Insurance Certificate, Visa, Copy of wife's ID card and marriage certificate and confirmed flight ticket.

2 hours ago, corones said:

1. On the COE website under "types of permitted persons" there doesn't seem to be any option for tourists aside from the STV, am I missing something here?

Yes, there are multiple tourist options depending on what type of visa you are obtaining, e.g.

1668015271_(6).png.23f8e15c62a2e176b2183eeaed7504a8.png

2 hours ago, corones said:

On the COE application we can only select our Departure Country and the Embassy within the country. I'm unable to select Ethiopia as a departure country and Thai Embassy in Turkey for the place of application

COE and visa are two separate issues. In your scenario, you'll get your visa in Turkey but your COE from Nairobi.

1 hour ago, upu2 said:

I agree with you there is nothing, unless I have missed something, that allows tourists to enter thailand as yet.

Other than visa on arrival I think they are all back on the table now; many people have recently returned visa exempt.

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

Yes, there are multiple tourist options depending on what type of visa you are obtaining, e.g.

1668015271_(6).png.23f8e15c62a2e176b2183eeaed7504a8.png

COE and visa are two separate issues. In your scenario, you'll get your visa in Turkey but your COE from Nairobi.

Many thanks Salerno!

Is it possible to receive a COE from Turkey even though we will be technically departing from Ethiopia? If not, does this mean that we will get our Visa from Turkey and then have to apply for the 2 stages of COE once we've received our visa and arrive in Ethiopia?

3 minutes ago, corones said:

Is it possible to receive a COE from Turkey even though we will be technically departing from Ethiopia?

No. 

6 minutes ago, corones said:

f not, does this mean that we will get our Visa from Turkey and then have to apply for the 2 stages of COE once we've received our visa and arrive in Ethiopia?

Yes, kind of.

I'd get my visa application in now if I was you (not sure how long it takes in Turkey?) depending on timings (e.g. how long a visa application normally takes in Turkey, when you intend leaving Turkey) you could do both from Turkey or at at least start both. You have 15 days to complete phase 2 of the application for COE.

What visa do you intend applying for?

On 3/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, Salerno said:

No. 

Yes, kind of.

I'd get my visa application in now if I was you (not sure how long it takes in Turkey?) depending on timings (e.g. how long a visa application normally takes in Turkey, when you intend leaving Turkey) you could do both from Turkey or at at least start both. You have 15 days to complete phase 2 of the application for COE.

What visa do you intend applying for?

Okay thank you.

Yes we are applying ASAP, we should have it sent today and It takes about two weeks in Turkey from what the consulate tells us. We would love to apply for the COE in Turkey aswell however as I mentioned we will be stopping in Ethiopia for almost 2 weeks, just to confirm again, this means that we have to apply for COE when in Ethiopia?

We are applying for the METV.

Thank you again for all the help

Thank you for this topic.  Running off your topic, I have a question regarding the COE.  What if they flight you used and submitted for your TR visa changes (reschedules a day later) after you've already got it?  Will that be an issue when I submit my NEW flight info for my COE?  Sorry to bother but I just want to make sure I'm not setting myself up for failure haha.  Thanks everyone!

4 hours ago, corones said:

just to confirm again, this means that we have to apply for COE when in Ethiopia?

Not necessarily in Ethiopia (you can apply from when in Turkey), but it will be via the Embassy in Nairobi as your flight to Thailand will be from Ethiopia.

12 hours ago, Salerno said:

Not necessarily in Ethiopia (you can apply from when in Turkey), but it will be via the Embassy in Nairobi as your flight to Thailand will be from Ethiopia.

Legend! All is understood, thank you very much ????

On 3/3/2021 at 3:24 AM, corones said:

The METV has been temporarily suspended.

Only single entry Tourist Visa available.

No. Of Entry

Visa Validity

Period of Stay

Visa Fee

Single Entry

3 months

60 days

40 USD

Multiple Entry (METV)

6 months

60 days / each entry

200 USD

Visa Processing Time

General Nationalities

1 working day

REMARKS:

1. Applicant must endorse on each and every page of the submitted copies of documentation. 

2. During COVID-19 outbreak, the Embassy issues only Single Entry Tourist Visa

TOURIST VISA (GENERAL NATIONALITIES) - Royal Thai Embassy, Ankara, Turkey

On 3/5/2021 at 12:02 PM, Tanoshi said:

The METV has been temporarily suspended.

Only single entry Tourist Visa available.

No. Of Entry

Visa Validity

Period of Stay

Visa Fee

Single Entry

3 months

60 days

40 USD

Multiple Entry (METV)

6 months

60 days / each entry

200 USD

Visa Processing Time

General Nationalities

1 working day

REMARKS:

1. Applicant must endorse on each and every page of the submitted copies of documentation. 

2. During COVID-19 outbreak, the Embassy issues only Single Entry Tourist Visa

TOURIST VISA (GENERAL NATIONALITIES) - Royal Thai Embassy, Ankara, Turkey

Oh wow thank you for the heads up, this must have been in the last couple of days because when we contacted them on Tuesday it was fine ???? 

I was actually just wondering whether it's still possible to do the Bangkok to Cambodia visa run in the van for the METV? I haven't been back to the land of smiles for a couple years, could you please jog my memory on whether it's one or two extensions that you can apply for on the SETV and METV?

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, corones said:

I was actually just wondering whether it's still possible to do the Bangkok to Cambodia visa run in the van for the METV? I haven't been back to the land of smiles for a couple years, could you please jog my memory on whether it's one or two extensions that you can apply for on the SETV and METV?

A METV has not been available for a long time now.

A border run has not been possible for a about a year now. The borders are all closed at this time. Any multiple entry visa other than maybe a OA visa is about worthless now.

You can get one 30 day extension per entry.

Archived