Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

COVID-19 TEST before flying to LONDON in Pattaya


Recommended Posts

Can someone suggest best place to get COVID test done efficiently  in Pattaya as required by UK authorities before flying. Have heard some humours that some establishment my give inaccurate positive test so they can detain person to boost their profitability ? Am 69 age and do not have symptoms of COVID at all need to fly to get my vaccination as has been getting reminders. Please honest opinion confirming how long takes to get report. If someone has done here please confirm details. Many Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, John9 said:

Have heard some humours that some establishment my give inaccurate positive test so they can detain person to boost their profitability ?

 

I'd put those rumours at the same level as the rumour the winning lottery numbers for the next draw are 475558.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Salerno said:

 

I'd put those rumours at the same level as the rumour the winning lottery numbers for the next draw are 475558.

 

Dude, he did say humours, not rumors, perhaps he was joking?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Dude, he did say humours, not rumors, perhaps he was joking?

 

555 never even noticed the typo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up we are thinking of going back in April. As I see it now you need to book a PCR test in Thailand 72 hours before you fly - book and pay for the UK government two tests for home quarantine and then two single fares back (by Thai Airways for us - worried about hotel quarantine coming in for non direct flights that pool 'Red' country passengers. 

 

If one of us were to test positive then we would probably lose the lot and be detained in Thailand at a medical facility at our own expense until we tested negative. Our covid insurance ran out at the three month mark this week can anyone recommend any covid insurance that would cover the return scenario. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Salerno said:

 

I'd put those rumours at the same level as the rumour the winning lottery numbers for the next draw are 475558.

I am off to buy them.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, najomtiensun said:

Thanks for the heads up we are thinking of going back in April. As I see it now you need to book a PCR test in Thailand 72 hours before you fly - book and pay for the UK government two tests for home quarantine and then two single fares back (by Thai Airways for us - worried about hotel quarantine coming in for non direct flights that pool 'Red' country passengers. 

 

If one of us were to test positive then we would probably lose the lot and be detained in Thailand at a medical facility at our own expense until we tested negative. Our covid insurance ran out at the three month mark this week can anyone recommend any covid insurance that would cover the return scenario. 

As for flights Qatar Airways via Doha and Singapore Air via Singapore in addition to Lufthansa via Frankfurt have got flights to London and none of them are in Red List for Hotel Quarantine but self quarantine will apply.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...