COVID-19 TEST before flying to LONDON in Pattaya

John9

Can someone suggest best place to get COVID test done efficiently  in Pattaya as required by UK authorities before flying. Have heard some humours that some establishment my give inaccurate positive test so they can detain person to boost their profitability ? Am 69 age and do not have symptoms of COVID at all need to fly to get my vaccination as has been getting reminders. Please honest opinion confirming how long takes to get report. If someone has done here please confirm details. Many Thanks in advance.

32 minutes ago, John9 said:

Have heard some humours that some establishment my give inaccurate positive test so they can detain person to boost their profitability ?

I'd put those rumours at the same level as the rumour the winning lottery numbers for the next draw are 475558.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I'd put those rumours at the same level as the rumour the winning lottery numbers for the next draw are 475558.

Dude, he did say humours, not rumors, perhaps he was joking?

• Haha 1

Thanks for the heads up we are thinking of going back in April. As I see it now you need to book a PCR test in Thailand 72 hours before you fly - book and pay for the UK government two tests for home quarantine and then two single fares back (by Thai Airways for us - worried about hotel quarantine coming in for non direct flights that pool 'Red' country passengers. 

If one of us were to test positive then we would probably lose the lot and be detained in Thailand at a medical facility at our own expense until we tested negative. Our covid insurance ran out at the three month mark this week can anyone recommend any covid insurance that would cover the return scenario. 

23 hours ago, najomtiensun said:

Thanks for the heads up we are thinking of going back in April. As I see it now you need to book a PCR test in Thailand 72 hours before you fly - book and pay for the UK government two tests for home quarantine and then two single fares back (by Thai Airways for us - worried about hotel quarantine coming in for non direct flights that pool 'Red' country passengers. 

If one of us were to test positive then we would probably lose the lot and be detained in Thailand at a medical facility at our own expense until we tested negative. Our covid insurance ran out at the three month mark this week can anyone recommend any covid insurance that would cover the return scenario. 

As for flights Qatar Airways via Doha and Singapore Air via Singapore in addition to Lufthansa via Frankfurt have got flights to London and none of them are in Red List for Hotel Quarantine but self quarantine will apply.