Police find no evidence of “sex show” at Pattaya nightclub after viral clip

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Netizens said this was damaging to the image of Pattaya, so Sanook went to investigate.

They found Pattaya's station chief Pol Col Phisit Phoonsap who said that he had seen the clip in question.

Wouldn't Sanook have been better going to the club, instead of the police station, does he still have the clip on his phone?

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

One of the biggest nightclubs in Bangkok was closedown about a month ago....no papers, no license ....nothing!

these situations look clear-cut when looked at superficially from the outside, but often, the situation is more complicated. many administrations simply do not deliver the appropriate licenses.

I know several business owners who made the application to receive according licenses, but the administration simply does not react. not refused, not accepted... silence. another scenario is that they send some inspectors, they make requests, requests are fulfilled, new inspectors come to check compliance, make new requests, etc. going round and round for months, some for years without a license being issued.

This is done on purpose of course so that desperate business owners will want to "expedite" the issues.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tgw said:

these situations look clear-cut when looked at superficially from the outside, but often, the situation is more complicated. many administrations simply do not deliver the appropriate licenses.

I know several business owners who made the application to receive according licenses, but the administration simply does not react. not refused, not accepted... silence. another scenario is that they send some inspectors, they make requests, requests are fulfilled, new inspectors come to check compliance, make new requests, etc. going round and round for months, some for years without a license being issued.

This is done on purpose of course so that desperate business owners will want to "expedite" the issues.

I try to understand what you say. But if they make it for whatever reason complicated to get the licence then it doesn't make sense to run the business without a licence because they can close it immediately. So there must be more to the story. Also do such businesses pay taxes and employ their staff legally? Obviously the business owner doesn't care about laws and still can operate even without licence - amazing.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

However, they did not find any evidence of a sex show or any other inappropriate behaviour. 

Despite this they still checked the the club's documentation and found they had no licence to operate, sell alcohol or sell cigarettes.

Sounds like the Pattaya we all know, no prostitution and no licenses!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lapamita said:

Go walk  around in Pattaya and see the difference 20 years ago and 2 years ago it's already like a ghost town because of less nightlife

The death of Pattaya was because it had no real "nightlife" it only had a sex industry.

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I try to understand what you say. But if they make it for whatever reason complicated to get the licence then it doesn't make sense to run the business without a licence because they can close it immediately. So there must be more to the story. Also do such businesses pay taxes and employ their staff legally? Obviously the business owner doesn't care about laws and still can operate even without licence - amazing.

if you never owned a business you can think that way.

it's not only about new licenses, it's also about renewal of licenses or businesses changing owners, the buyer thinking the licenses will be renewed.

in the West, and even in Thailand it's customary to be granted a temporary license while the application is being considered. However, there is a time limit.

and if you wait for all your ducks to be in a row before you run a business, it's very probable it won't ever open. but it's difficult to understand if you have been in such a situation yourself.

there are many pitfalls in Thailand, even for locals.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tgw said:

if you never owned a business you can think that way.

it's not only about new licenses, it's also about renewal of licenses or businesses changing owners, the buyer thinking the licenses will be renewed.

in the West, and even in Thailand it's customary to be granted a temporary license while the application is being considered. However, there is a time limit.

and if you wait for all your ducks to be in a row before you run a business, it's very probable it won't ever open. but it's difficult to understand if you have been in such a situation yourself.

there are many pitfalls in Thailand, even for locals.

You are right. I have been living here for almost 3 decades and I don't understand the bar business how it is now. Before I knew many bar owners and their stories and problems but I haven't been to a bar for almost 2 decades. I think it would be very interesting to understand this business more - not only for me I guess. So if there are any bar owners in this forum let us know your experience. How is the situation for you? 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The footage bore the "watermark" identifying the club.

After viewing irrefutable evidence the police still couldn’t find any evidence... That explains a lot !

In more news: 

Police said they couldn’t believe their eyes after witnessing prostitution in Pattaya, they concluded there is no prostitution !!!! 

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

Good grief pious Thailand now... how times has changed from those in PatPong where every second bar had a sex show with full nudity and sex acts preformed for all to see for the cost a drink...

Well, more like the cost of upmteen drinks, and you only got the one, and a threat of violence if you didn't pay up. 

20 hours ago, Pib said:

Probably sent the same police that bars have seen many times while in uniform....the bars probably thought police dressed in civilian cloths were just coming around for their periodic payment.

I doubt however they were dressed that they could remove that air of superiority and authority... nor stop the advance calls to the venue, nor get rid of the entourage of press following them. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1