Covid test for flying

Dear Sir/Madam
I have a flight booked on the 07 April 2021 at 23.50, from Bangkok to Birmingham,the flight stops in transit for over 3 hours in Amsterdam airport and will resume my journey to Birmingham 08 April at 10.00 am.

My question is ,on what day/date should i take a covid test here in Thailand ? As all tests take 24 hours to receive back
Yours sincerley 
Paul 

The OP should plan on getting tested on 6th April as results will be ready within 24-hours on 7th April, the day of flying. The late departure is handy. Even if the OP opts to test on 5th, get results on 6th and fly on 7th, he will still be in BHX early 8th before the 72-hours are up.

The hospital will issue the Covid-free certificate when collecting the test results. They may also issue the fit-to-fly certificate for additional cost as it is not specific to Covid. This is based on BH Udon Thani's procedures. Best to ask at your test facility.

YMMV

Edited by NanLaew

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

Good link @OJAS

16 hours ago, treetops said:

No Fit to Fly certificate is needed for the OP's journey.

Good point. We must trust that the airport check-in staff are aware of this. For the additional 500 baht that BH in Udon charges, it allows for contingencies such as dim airline staff or redirected flights, unscheduled stopovers, etc.. I'm a belt and braces kinda guy.

• Like 1