Claims of favoritism in vaccine rollout dismissed as a "misunderstanding"

webfact

19 hours ago, dogfish180 said:

Nobody died in Thailand today? Or did you mean no autopsies were conducted on the dead in Thailand today? If you live here you will know that autopsies or test are very rare. Simply burn the body.

You really zeroed in on the important aspect of the message. Just in case you really are stupid - it was reported nobody died of CV-19- is what the report was .

• Sad 1

On 3/3/2021 at 10:33 AM, webfact said:

But in the body of their story they merely quoted Prayuth as saying that exactly who gets the vaccine first is up to each province and that more evidence was needed.

So, if the Hi-So leaders want to give their Hi-So friends the vaccine first?  Then according to Prayuth it's up to the province.  (just don't blame him!).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Selatan said:

Efficacy rate of 83.5% is not good enough?

China's Sinovac 83.5% effective: Turkish university

It could be 93.5% but the China haters would still bash it as garbage. 
For me personally, it's my preferred choice.  it has to do with the vaccine technology (decades of testing) and nothing to do with the country which manufacturers the vaccine. 

On 3/3/2021 at 4:44 PM, ukrules said:

Had I been back in the UK I would have been vaccinated in mid February, the paperwork was mailed to the house I use over there.

But I'm not in the UK, so no vaccine for me.

I have two sisters over there..both them and their husbands have had their first shots..A mate in London also who was offered it because others had refused it so he seized the moment as he wasn't due to get it till April.He told me a lot of ethnics were refusing to have the vaccine so spare slots were available practically every day at his local GP.I seriously doubt Thailand will have its act together anytime soon given the corruptible culture of how everything 'operates' here.They are basically going to stand back and let the rest of the world get the vaccine then just open the borders again and let everyone in as quick as possible when they have their vaccine certificate.UK are talking about International tourism by the end of June..so should be an interesting few months listening to the <deleted> that will no doubt come out of TAT's mouths!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, connda said:

It could be 93.5% but the China haters would still bash it as garbage. 
For me personally, it's my preferred choice.  it has to do with the vaccine technology (decades of testing) and nothing to do with the country which manufacturers the vaccine. 

It's also a wiser choice in the face of so many emerging variants. mRNA (Pfizer, Moderna) and viral vector (such as AstraZeneca, Sputnik V) vaccines invade cells and commandeer them to produce spike proteins. Inactivated Covid-19 vaccines such as those produced by Sinopharm and Sinovac do not invade cells and they produce an immune response that target many parts of the Sars-Cov-2 virus instead of just the spikes.

On 3/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, 10baht said:

You really zeroed in on the important aspect of the message. Just in case you really are stupid - it was reported nobody died of CV-19- is what the report was .

And who wrote that report?