Pattaya: Scrap the 14 day quarantine or resort will take years to recover, says tourism leader

webfact

12 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I was addressing a specific post. How long does a "tourist" exit their home country for nowadays?

The post you addressed made no mention of tourist or otherwise and in the context of the thread title and OP, Pokerface1 is correct.

So no, you did not address the specific post.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1

I can see them cutting it down to 3 to 7 days by the end of the year.

Maybe too late?  Golf quarantine is a nice option.

Someone mentioned Australia never heard of a supposed western country with their draconian restrictions cannot leave the country? Cannot come to Thailand?  Unbelievable control peoples lives how sad seems like Communism.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, elliss said:

Really . 

Why would quality family tourists , take their children ,

to the largest Brothel in the World .

Been there , seen them . I find it absolutely disgusting .

The parents , would be jailed , rightly so ,  in a civilised Country .

The people can't believe that such a big (open air) brothel really exists. Endless Chinese (normally) walk through the Walking Street to see how bad it is. I still don't understand why TAT doesn't promote this feature of Pattaya more. Obviously this bad image lures many tourists to this high quality family tourist location. But sadly there is a lot of show only since there is no real prostitution. Simply don't talk much about this disappointing aspect. If you go to Disney World you also know that this is just a perfect illusion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I still don't understand why TAT doesn't promote this feature of Pattaya more. Obviously this bad image lures many tourists to this high quality family tourist location.

For the past few years they did (on Thai flights at least). The "Welcome to Thailand" descent video had a fair bit of time devoted to the world class class family destination called Pattaya with the entry sign and flashing lights of Walking street prominent. Same same as a certain street in Amsterdam, sex and sleaze sells.

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

For the past few years they did (on Thai flights at least). The "Welcome to Thailand" descent video had a fair bit of time devoted to the world class class family destination called Pattaya with the entry sign and flashing lights of Walking street prominent. Same same as a certain street in Amsterdam, sex and sleaze sells.

As long as Thai Airways doesn't employ ladymen that welcome you on board with "Hello Sexy Man" this will never be authentic. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

As long as Thai Airways doesn't employ ladymen that welcome you on board with "Hello Sexy Man" this will never be authentic. 

Definitely a few, but guessing that greeting is against company policy or I've been lied to for years 555

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to, but not your own facts. I already posted the link, take it up with the Australian government.

Define holiday? I wasn't talking about people on a two week trip as my post clearly articulated.

Its defined in the link i provided. You cannot leave for a holiday, only for what is listed.

what part of that dont you understand.

4 hours ago, mrfill said:

So how did the tennis players get in and out and just for a game of knocking a few balls around ?

They were playing a major, thats considered in the national interest. They also had to quarantine. Some actors also allowed in like zac efron.

Normal oz citizens cannot leave.

19 hours ago, Thomas J said:

A person who actually makes sense and is not afraid to say it.  Lets face it, ask yourself if you were a tourist and you had choices as to where to vacation, would you choose a destination that puts you into quarantine for 14 days or another.  Also, if someone really is willing to sit in quarantine for 14 days to visit, they are really not a tourist.  They are some form of long term resident. 

Or, if I was a resident, or national, would I prefer that people being allowed into the country  from places that are infested with Covid, and have been unable to control it, treating 1000 deaths a day and 40-50,000 daily new infections as tolerable, be quarantined or allowed to enter and stand besides me on The Skytrain, too stubborn to put a mask on properly? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Any mention of the word quarantine will mean no mass tourism in Thailand or elsewhere.

People are banged up in their own homes with lockdown in their own country, every survey shows they won't spend any time elsewhere in the same situation and travel thousands of kilometres spend silly money on flights and quarantine hotels.

Quarantines are in place in many countries around the world. If not a quarantine, then pcr tests before and after the flight. Not to mention many countries around the world are raging with the virus. Who'd want to visit them?

We've got a ways to go before we're back to normal globally. Take advantage of travel in Thailand now before the masses return. It's lovely right now.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

The people can't believe that such a big (open air) brothel really exists. Endless Chinese (normally) walk through the Walking Street to see how bad it is. I still don't understand why TAT doesn't promote this feature of Pattaya more. Obviously this bad image lures many tourists to this high quality family tourist location. But sadly there is a lot of show only since there is no real prostitution. Simply don't talk much about this disappointing aspect. If you go to Disney World you also know that this is just a perfect illusion. 

Amazing Thailand .

Gramps , why do you like Thailand .555

22 hours ago, Oldie said:

High flyer . 

In the good ole days . High flyer was a very popular club .. 

However that said , having a short time in a loo , @   high altitude,

was something special ..

Fyi , BA  had the best ladymen . 

We still , keep in touch .555

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Or, if I was a resident, or national, would I prefer that people being allowed into the country  from places that are infested with Covid, and have been unable to control it, treating 1000 deaths a day and 40-50,000 daily new infections as tolerable, be quarantined or allowed to enter and stand besides me on The Skytrain, too stubborn to put a mask on properly? 

Plenty of countries not infested with C19, and these are the markets Thailand should be looking at. 

2 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Plenty of countries not infested with C19, and these are the markets Thailand should be looking at. 

It is hardly a lucrative market the Caribbean and South Sea Islands....

14 hours ago, bermondburi said:

And why would those countries, with little to no Covid, allow their citizens to travel to Thailand, that may have an open boarder policy, and risk infection, only to return after their holiday to infect their fellow countrymen? 

Think about it.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

And why would those countries, with little to no Covid, allow their citizens to travel to Thailand, that may have an open boarder policy, and risk infection, only to return after their holiday to infect their fellow countrymen? 

Think about it.    

Because they're allowing them to go to countries with open borders right now. 

Did you think about it?? ????????️ 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:48 PM, pokerface1 said:

Doesn't make any difference to me, quarantine or not. There are no international flights out of Australia till October 2021. By the way anyone know where I can buy a hot air Balloon?

"there are no international flights" is incorrect. canberra thai embassy is issuing COE's and oz

Borderforce is issuing exemptions ........ obviously for international flights. 

On 3/3/2021 at 8:15 PM, elliss said:

Really . 

Why would quality family tourists , take their children ,

to the largest Brothel in the World .

Been there , seen them . I find it absolutely disgusting .

The parents , would be jailed , rightly so ,  in a civilised Country .

Are you assuming that no other country in the world has prostitution? If you are, then you are sadly mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1