Where can I leave my dog for 2hrs? Somewhere close to Soi Buakow

Smithson

This coming Fri I have appointment close to Soi Buakow. I have to drive down in the morning with my dog, I need somewhere to leave him for two hours. I know there are places on the darkside, but my schedule is pretty tight and I don't want to be traveling there and back. Can anyone suggest places? I was thinking maybe a vet, as they should have the facilities and most likely could do with some income in theses difficult times.

7 minutes ago, Smithson said:

This coming Fri I have appointment close to Soi Buakow. I have to drive down in the morning with my dog, I need somewhere to leave him for two hours. I know there are places on the darkside, but my schedule is pretty tight and I don't want to be traveling there and back. Can anyone suggest places? I was thinking maybe a vet, as they should have the facilities and most likely could do with some income in theses difficult times.

Can you book him into a grooming parlour?

I can't leave him at home, he's not a soi dog and if he was not sure if I'd trust him with a moto guy. If I tie him up there'd be all sorts of dramas. He's a six month old Australian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler, extremely energetic.

If he is friendly i would be happy to take care of him for a couple of hours. He can come for a walk or sit in a bar.

He's friendly, but a big hyper and mouthy due to his age and breed. Where are you located? I'll give him a good run in the morning so hopefully he can rest.

• Like 1

Possibly you could introduce him to other dogs in the area.  Maybe they have a spare kennel he could use.

Failing that,  I'm sure they would take care of him for just a couple of hours

I’ve read about those dogs, I think they nip at your heels, the herding instinct is strong. I was thinking there must be some kennels in the area you could drop him off before heading to town? An internet search might do the trick.

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Maybe the dog would enjoy a massage? Plenty of places with friendly ladies outside.

He might like that, I can't leave him at home because our bitch in on heat. Maybe I could pay them to throw the ball for him? Most likely I'll go to a kennel, he can be a handful.

22 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I’ve read about those dogs, I think they nip at your heels, the herding instinct is strong. I was thinking there must be some kennels in the area you could drop him off before heading to town? An internet search might do the trick.

I had one for years. They are born to follow instructions and will do anything you want it to. My one hated the bath but would still climb into the water if told. I don't think an intelligent farmer would train a dog to bite at the animals. Their animals are their livelihood so risking them being injured from an infected bite would be stupid.

21 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I had one for years. They are born to follow instructions and will do anything you want it to. My one hated the bath but would still climb into the water if told. I don't think an intelligent farmer would train a dog to bite at the animals. Their animals are their livelihood so risking them being injured from an infected bite would be stupid.

You must be good with dogs, Heelers are known for the intelligence and but also being very stubborn. They were originally used for herding wild cattle in the hot Australian bush, they often needed a nip to get moving. These days the cattle are no longer wild, so Heelers are rarely used as they're too rough. They handle the heat, so are well suited here, unlike a lot of the imported breeds.