Another case of a married man marrying his mistress hits the headlines in Thailand

webfact

Another case of a married man marrying his mistress hits the headlines in Thailand

7pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Thailand can't seem to get enough of Thai men going off to marry their mistresses.

Following last month's drama when an aggrieved wife armed with a marriage certificate went to her husband's second wedding and where his mum slapped him in front of chanting monks, comes yet another salacious story.

In this one reported by Daily News the "mia luang" (legal first wife) went on a live Line application to complain in floods of tears.

She was named as Kate, 43, while the husband was called Dong, also 43. Both were apparently assumed names.

Kate, from Chaiyaphum said that her marriage to Dong was going well, or so she thought.

7pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Her husband was a manager at a company but then she found out that he had married a staffer from another company at a resort in Chonburi.

And she had pictures of the "big" ceremony on February 19th where her husband married his "mia noi" (mistress or minor wife)

She also displayed her marriage certificate (thabian somrot).

She said they had been married for two years and complained that her husband had never shown responsibility and left her alone to care for her mother. 

She said that she had not caused any "alawat" (a word used to indicate making trouble especially when a wife finds out about an errant husband's activities).

She just let them get on with it. 

Then she finds out he has tied the knot with her.

Following their marriage she claimed that both her husband and his new wife had called to threaten her life.

She alleged they were going to put her in burning tires - an execution method known as necklacing. 

She appealed for justice and help from the "Team Mia Luang".

Anusorn Asurapong or lawyer Pat of Team Mia Luang asked people in Chaiyaphum to lend a hand.

He said he was busy but would be along soon. 

Source: Daily News

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She alleged they were going to put her in burning tires - an execution method known as necklacing.

If these allegations are true, and either of them made those threats... Oh boy, damn right it is serious stuff. Whoever made those threats deserves a big punishment, perhaps even jail time.

Edited by ctxa

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Following last month's drama when an aggrieved wife armed with a marriage certificate went to her husband's second wedding and where his mum slapped him in front of chanting monks,

But at this one they did a bit of miaowing instead .. 

Dong obviously likes cats with the pussy masks ..

IMG_20210303_101138.jpg

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Can't help but wonder how many Thai Visa members reading this had, at some point, Honeys here in Thailand while still officially attached back home.

"Yes, but that was different."????

But it was different. Virtually no chance of the mia luang in farangland finding out.

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

They don't take to kindly to pearl ones either .. I asked my previous if she would like one .. with the reply being

" only want gold " .. 

Should have played and then over played the ZZ Top song to her then. Maybe something would have come out and stuck on her after that. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that she had not caused any "alawat" (a word used to indicate making trouble especially when a wife finds out about an errant husband's activities).

They  just  love to twist things  round don't "alawat"  , it's  the victims  fault.

A story appearing simultaneously today tells of the serious consequences of infidelity including disciplinary action for police/army officers. 

I know a farang someone whose wife sued him and his new girlfriend for 6.5 million.

12 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

sorry. seeing and knowing those guys have been there makes them so unattractive. Pass!

you married a virgin then?  who cares how many have been on the bus as long as the journey's good

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dddave said:

Can't help but wonder how many Thai Visa members reading this had, at some point, Honeys here in Thailand while still officially attached back home.

"Yes, but that was different."????

Yes but you can't officially marry them without a <deleted>load of paperwork proving that you are not already married. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That can all be easily faked in Thailand. 

Possibly, but proof presented from embassy could be easily verified. Might end up getting kicked out of Thailand or jailed for fraud or counterfeiting official documents. It has happened before. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Venom said:

Possibly, but proof presented from embassy could be easily verified. Might end up getting kicked out of Thailand or jailed for fraud or counterfeiting official documents. It has happened before. 

Doubt they verify, the document is the verification. There is always that risk though. 

I know of at least two cases where a foreigner legally married a Thai but was still married to previous wife back home. When they died, and it was time to divvy up the deceased's assets, it all came out, and of course both wives fighting about who was to get what even though the insurance policies and will had recipients clearly named.

The issue is that while husband's want wives that are not just devoted daughters and mother's, just like in the west they also want the 2000 baht hooker in bed.

Thai wives seem to be oblivious to what many men want and when someone shows them interest and offers what they need.

Not much different than a guy that is married but goes to Nana or walking street.

At the previous house I employed a gardener who came in once a week for a fee of 500 baht.

When I wanted to move, I informed him that I'd have to let him go.

He pleaded with me not to move, lamenting that he desperately needed those 500 baht per week to support his mia noi.

I replied: "If you think it's okay to cheat on your wife by keeping a mia noi that costs you a whopping 500 baht a week, I suggest you should do to her what I unfortunately have to do to you: let her go."

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

her husband had never shown responsibility and left her alone to care for her mother

to care for HER mother? i didn't know caring for one's mother-in-law was a part of the husband's responsabilities in thailand!

3 hours ago, Venom said:

I can attest to that. Had an Irish guy come over and married girl from Korat that had an internet cafe in Pattaya, had a kid. Later found out reason he only took her to Irelan on tourist visa was because he never diviorced his Irish wife. Later when he was cheating on her with Chinese hooker she siad that's it. Sued him in court and because he lied on documents that he was free to marry  (and wasn't) they annuled marriage and awrded all the properties including a guest house to her as he had commited fraud by lying on the affidavit.  They also swore out a warrant to bring him in for commiting bigamy so he can't return to Thailand or will be arrested.

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That can all be easily faked in Thailand. 

I got married again last August. I had to use an agent to get things done quickly at the district office. Without the agent I would've had to show the district office all the original documents obtained from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (along with the payment receipt).

Whereby then the office would send all the documents back to the MFA to confirm that they were genuine. 

Reason? District offices had been receiving too many faked documents.

Using an agent cost me 4,000b and I was in and out of the office in about 30 mins.

4 hours ago, Venom said:

Obviously someone in the line didnt get their brown envelope!????