US Embassy Good Hotel Nearby

Excuse me if this was covered before, but I looked and can't find it.

I will be making an appointment at the embassy (and yes they take limited appointments for renewing a minor's passport) and would like to know of a decent hotel that is nearby and reasonably priced. Reasonably means hopefully 3,000 baht or less per night. Thanks

33 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Excuse me if this was covered before, but I looked and can't find it.

I will be making an appointment at the embassy (and yes they take limited appointments for renewing a minor's passport) and would like to know of a decent hotel that is nearby and reasonably priced. Reasonably means hopefully 3,000 baht or less per night. Thanks

The Hotel Indigo looks like a great choice to me and it' certainly within your budget.

There are a number of good choices available as you can see from  this screenshot.

1052842443_HotelINdigoBangkok.png.eaee1f95048845e246c50ac041cf210e.png

How close do you need to be?    Alt Hotel Nana by UHG is about a 25 minute walk and extremely inexpensive during Covid time.  Don't mistake the cheap price indicating a bad hotel. I was quite happy there.   The breakfast is quite good so you might want to choose the breakfast included option.   The main negative is the pool is much smaller than the pic makes it appear to be.

The Pinnacle Lumpini is a fine suggestion. The breakfast is very good and the pool is clean, but small.  If you're able to walk a short distance, Jim's Lodge is directly behind the US Embassy. Convenient, clean,  and inexpensive. Just right for an overnight stay for an early Embassy appointment. 

Are all these hotels really open now? Indigo, CentrePoint/Wireless, Conrad, Alt are definitely open

The walk from the Alt can be made quicker by taking the Green Mile. Or a motorbike taxi for 50 baht.

Some good deals at the Conrad, sub-3,000. For one night and a treat I'd spring for the Conrad. Short walk from All Seasons to the ACS.

Edited by mtls2005
2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Are all these hotels really open now? Indigo, CentrePoint/Wireless, Conrad, Alt are definitely open

The walk from the Alt can be made quicker by taking the Green Mile. Or a motorbike taxi for 50 baht.

Some good deals at the Conrad, sub-3,000. For one night and a treat I'd spring for the Conrad. Short walk from All Seasons to the ACS.

Thanks to all that replied. Very helpful!!

21 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

The Hotel Indigo looks like a great choice to me and it' certainly within your budget.

There are a number of good choices available as you can see from  this screenshot.

1052842443_HotelINdigoBangkok.png.eaee1f95048845e246c50ac041cf210e.png

Thank you Andy