7000 baht handout via app to low or non income individuals

Haveasay

Hi hope you can help or put me in right direction. Currently the govt is handing 7000 baht to low or non income individuals. I've been informed though have my doubts, to get 7000 baht it costs 3500 to register seems weird at best. Can you help or direct me in english as much coverage in thai

Screenshot_20210302_235928.jpg

Registering is free, and the 7,000 baht from my understanding is deposited by two 3,500 baht payments per month over two months, and it is only if the applicant is successful, apparently you only get one crack at it, my wife was rejected and they don't give you a reason, her sisters and family all got theirs, can't tell you more than that, maybe someone else 

On 3/3/2021 at 1:20 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Registering is free, and the 7,000 baht from my understanding is deposited by two 3,500 baht payments per month over two months, and it is only if the applicant is successful, apparently you only get one crack at it, my wife was rejected and they don't give you a reason, her sisters and family all got theirs, can't tell you more than that, maybe someone else can.

Registration ended on 12th February.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

My wife tried to register and was rejected and told because she had a foreigner last name. She called her sister down south, married to a Norwegian, got the same answer. The rest of her Thai family all got it.

11 minutes ago, Mister T said:

My wife tried to register and was rejected and told because she had a foreigner last name. She called her sister down south, married to a Norwegian, got the same answer. The rest of her Thai family all got it.

How can you be low income and married to a farang? All farang are rich!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I think it is 2,000 baht initially and then 1,000 baht every Friday for 5 weeks.

My gf qualified.

Obviously! As Dwyer is somewhat of the Thai equivalent of Smith or Jones in english. ????

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mister T said:

My wife got it no problem and she has a foreign(Scottish) last name.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

The conversation seems rather moot if registration ended 12 February..... My missus would've been all over that like stink on a monkey.

People should refrain from posting misinformation.

In order to ease congestion at KTB bank branches, he said the Finance Ministry has decided to extend the deadline for registration until March 25th and add two more state-owned banks to help in the registration process.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-more-banks-to-provide-registration-for-rao-chana-scheme/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:
3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Registering is free, and the 7,000 baht from my understanding is deposited by two 3,500 baht payments per month over two months, and it is only if the applicant is successful, apparently you only get one crack at it, my wife was rejected and they don't give you a reason, her sisters and family all got theirs, can't tell you more than that, maybe someone else can.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2053575/b210bn-hardship-aid-gets-nod

Expand  

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

People should refrain from posting misinformation

Try to at least get your facts straight on who posts what bloke.....it saves on animosity.

6 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Try to at least get your facts straight on who posts what bloke.....it saves on animosity.

My sincerest apologies, I didn't mean you, I responded to you as I thought you would be interested in the article.

In hindsight I should have started with the word "other".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

My sincerest apologies, I didn't mean you, I responded to you as I thought you would be interested in the article.

In hindsight I should have started with the word "other".

Humbly accepted @sandyf And while I'm not interested for myself per se, I can think of someone who is. Looks like that's tomorrow taken care of then.... It'll be like a trip to the IO minus all of the officialdom......

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 3:10 AM, poskat said:

how do the no/low income people have a smart phone

That is what my sister in law in Thailand told my wife a couple of weeks ago. He said that non of the old poor people in the village had smart phones, amd even if they did they did not know how to download or use the app.  

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

That is what my sister in law in Thailand told my wife a couple of weeks ago. He said that non of the old poor people in the village had smart phones, amd even if they did they did not know how to download or use the app.  

In my village most people have a smart phone.  Obviously, the younger ones are using it constantly and the older people only use it for calling friends/family.  When taking a cheap data-subscription and using LINE for calling (with the bonus of seeing the respondent), it will often turn out cheaper than using a regular phone when making lengthy phone-calls.

On 3/3/2021 at 3:35 PM, Mister T said:

That is exactly the words that the Gov't guy told her.

I’ve actually had some colleagues at my school ask me how they can get it. “It’s only for Thai people?” they said. I said you’re kidding right? Yeah, it’s for those old folks sitting on the ground around the BTS stations, happy to get 5 baht in their cups. I know our pay isn’t great, but geez, it’s a bit more than that.

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

New business idea.

Send a few unemployed Pattay girls though all Isaan villages to download the app on elderly peoples phones for a "250Baht" fee.