For the Thai bashers - RANT:

ctxa

8 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

The Farang is riding without a helmet but did you notice he doesn't have a facemask as well? Thais always wear facemasks for super protection.

Yep, a face mask protects the lips in case of a face plant, super safety feature the masks have.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ctxa said:

No, it's not. I tell the truth. If you think that there's a single person in the world who drives perfectly without making a single mistake. Then you must be one of those who regards themselves as such a good driver that you think you could easily beat Hamilton at an F1 race... 

I know that it is difficult for many of us to acknowledge that we too make mistakes in a forum, but it happens. I make mistakes, you make mistakes, everyone makes mistakes. But you'll never see me bashing Thais for the way they drive, like many people in this forum do, they reach such lengths on bashing Thais for the way they drive that often times it becomes racist. I sure agree things could improve in Thailand as they have slowly improved in other countries. But I would never bash them for it.

Even so, they might bash into you.

17 hours ago, ctxa said:

pedestrian suddenly attempted to cross the road

So your saying some crazy local attempted to cross the road by stepping out in front of a car and motorcycle. Well done to the cycle mounted farang for swerving and missing them. 

• Like 2

I let my teenage daughter bash me to get her emotions out sometimes. I'll be kind today. For those of you adults who suffer from the same problems, you can bash me to get your emotions out. It'll feel better afterwards, I promise ????

I have driven the 500 meters to my 7-eleven for nearly 30 years without a helmet, there are 2 nearer ones now-a-days but I still prefer "my" 7. I meet a policeman sometimes, I smile at him, he looks at me - and then drives on. And Thailand is incredibly safe now-a-days

The bashing may commence

Edited by MikeyIdea

17 hours ago, ctxa said:

Sure, but this post is not about showing how good of a driver I am (hehe, cuz I am not. I do many of those bad things too). It's just about the hypocrisy of many farang criticizing Thais for the way they drive and then doing the same things they criticize or even worse. 

As CharlieH said in an earlier reply; when in Rome, do as they do, so to speak.

For me, I encounter many irresponsible Thai's drivers and motorcycle riders, day in day out.

I don't get upset, I expect it, suffice to say, I put it down to the lack of police force presence and law enforcement, now if by making such a statement about the Thai police force makes me a racist or a Thai basher for stating said opinion, then I will say it again, I blame the Thai police force for their lack of presence and enforcement of the law.

The above said, I make sure I have adequate insurance, drive/ride with eyes wide open and know what to expect when driving/riding on Thai roads, suffice to say I do a lot of driving /riding and if you drive/ride being more aware, then you shouldn't have any issues, it is what it is, as for farangs doing as Thai's do, well I am sure the "freedom" rubs off on them to.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

my wife must  be a thai racist then going by your comment as she bashes thai road users all the time, she says they too unneducated or just too arrogant to ride/drive correctly and follow the road rules, they think they dont apply to them or are unable to think at all, I must admit I agree with her 100% as the road death/injury figures back this up completely. But then she is a well educated  thai and she actually thinks before she does things, she is also a pretty good driver unlike many road users

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, seajae said:

my wife must  be a thai racist then going by your comment as she bashes thai road users all the time, she says they too unneducated or just too arrogant to ride/drive correctly and follow the road rules, they think they dont apply to them or are unable to think at all, I must admit I agree with her 100% as the road death/injury figures back this up completely. But then she is a well educated  thai and she actually thinks before she does things, she is also a pretty good driver unlike many road users

You know very well that what I am talking about definitely is not the typical swear words that one says after we come across someone who we think is driving badly ???? (and I say this because many times it’s just the pot calling the kettle back, gotta be real) 

Nah, that’s normal. Everybody does that. And you would act the same regardless of they were they Thai, American, Japanese or South African… 

But the type of bashing I am talking about is something very common from a handful (thankfully not many members of this forum). Example: 

Thread: My phone is not charging since yesterday. Any suggestions? 

Reply 1: Are you sure you are getting proper electricity to the charger? Electricity here in LOS sucks, you get spikes all the time, sometimes you even lose one phase of current, all the wiring is done by lazy fellas and blah blah goes on ranting about how life here in LOS sucks and how good it was back home for a whole hour. ????????????

Same pretty much they do about the roads. 

Edited by ctxa
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Wrong. People riding without helmets can only damage themselves, people riding while using their phone are also risking damaging other road users, think about it.

Back in Spain. Since healthcare expenses are fully paid by the state, and hence every tax-payer citizen. We used to say that people riding without helmets damages them all taxpayers. Since after he smashed his head against the asphalt the government is gonna have to fork out a nice couple of tens of thousands of euros of taxpayers money to pay for his brain surgery which could have been avoided by a helmet.????????

In Thailand, nobody is gonna pay for your surgery except yourself and/or the insurance which you yourself paid. So I agree that it hurts nobody. 

Nevertheless, both of them should be properly prosecuted by LE and then less and less people would do it. Though I can tell you that tough enforcement of a law doesnt necessarily always work. In China the traffic police is very serious about enforcing the no mobile phone while driving law, to the point they even installed AI cameras to detect when somebody is using the phone. Yet everyone does it, even myself I got quite several fines and lost several points back in China thanks to the damned phone ????????‍♂️ I told you guys, I am neither any sort of angel or perfect driver on the road ????????‍♂️????????‍♂️

Edited by ctxa
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You obviously do not understand ''humor'' sad!!

Well, I don’t think it was humor. It was a typical post which you can absolutely expect from someone whose username is “Pravda”. 

Shall we talk about how many Mercedes-Benz CPSU General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev had in his collection, while a major part of the population of the country he lead was living in total poverty?

Edited by ctxa
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Hold on now. You are sure the guys who 'bash' Thai drivers fail to comply with the laws and customs of Thailand? I see one so called 'farang' riding without a helmet. Has this guy written something on here about Thais failing to comply, or are you just stereotyping?

If not the helmet, then they for sure mess up other things while on the road. We are all far from perfect drivers, but those who bash others’ races for the way they drive tend to be the ones who end up messing up the biggest. At the end of the day, they are uneducated folks themselves.

I just used that picture as an example that we farang are always preaching about traffic laws, and how good drivers they are and blah blah, but then in the road you see many driving without helmet as a matter of fact.

Edited by ctxa
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Using a phone whilst driving is infinitely worse.....cannot believe people do it or that the punishment for doing so is so pathetic.

I use my phone while driving all the time, either for Spotify or google maps or both.

• Like 1

Defensive and assertive riding or driving is the only option, regardless if it is a foreigner or Thai. And to the OP yes, the worst and most stupid offenders that I have seen are the foreigners that think they can do the same as the locals. When in Rome..... Yes indeed but if you observe well, even in the local style there are certain rules to follow and a local logic, a kind of picking order. 

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Yes I did for a while but now I ignore most of them because of the BS in them ????

Not hard to see why your posts are so popular! :thumbsup:

Edited by PatOngo
  • Haha 2