Pattaya or Jomtien.. Why did you choose one over the other..

moontang

12 hours ago, Oldie said:

You have no idea. If you live next to the entertainment areas you often have extreme noise.

I live 5 minutes walk from an "entertainment area" and have no noise from "loud music" and "screaming drunk tourists" as was claimed.  If you choose wisely it's easy, if circumstances change you move.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 10:27 AM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Utter nonsense ?? Depends on what you consider a walking distance . If you have to walk 3 kilometers before you reach the entertainment area you also could have taken that 15min taxi ride . But ok i geuss everything someone else then you says is Utter nonsense.

And be a hot and dripping wet from sweating when you arrive,you need to be close to the Baht bus rout or brave a motorcycle if you want to enjoy the night life safely for yourself and others,throw in the soi dogs I will take the easy way and stay in Jomtien between beach road and second road with,a balcony on the Pattaya side so there's no sun during the day.

Ok if you really don't drink you may be able to use a scooter or motorbike,it's not if you have an accident but when.

Assuming we are talking about the over 65s here we need to avoid hospital visits at all costs,a lot of guys have died from covid19 by being infected in the hospital.

Jomtien has rules! about loud music it's normally not so bad and if bars want to have a party I think they need some sort of permit,they probably have to pay.

Edited by adammike
Additional text

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You got to choose between Pattaya and jomtien and you choose out of town . Wow maybe you just didn't understand the qeustion , hence your answer . 

Of course I  understood the question....I simply widened my scope and took off the blinkers. I was already living in Pattaya... duh!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I stayed in Jomtien near the beach for one month on a holiday.  Loved the days, but hated the trip into Pattaya for the nights, Jomtien nights were boring.  This was about 10 years ago though, Jomtien has changed a lot since.  

When I moved here it was to Central Pattaya, I've yet to regret that.

• Like 1

I would rather walk down a soi with an abundance of whatever kind of bar, than walk down a dark, nearly abandoned soi.. well abandoned except for the dogs and maybe a few homeless.  Noticed the same in CM, when they said no more pubs around the Uni perimeter.  I admit the people overlooking it had some legit gripes, but on my side of the building you couldn't hear it with the ac on.  I used to do my laundry at 2-3 am, as my trades were winding down.. they were as friendly as could be, and it was a good place to get change... then it just became a dark alley... Be careful what you wish for.. I have owned three homes here, and by far the most noise came from a planned moo Baan.. people feeding soi dogs, loudspeakers, dog breeders.. 

Edited by moontang

On 3/6/2021 at 10:47 AM, LALes said:

Well, you better stay away from Jomtien Soi 1-7 or you will regret it.  Bar noise and female cackling to rival anything in Pattaya.

instead of a condo, why not choose a house that is close to the beach? There are homes for less than 25,000baht per month.

10 hours ago, dsmiththailand said:

instead of a condo, why not choose a house that is close to the beach? There are homes for less than 25,000baht per month.

What do you mean by close? There are not a lot of houses close to the beach in either venue.  

• Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, jacko45k said:

Of course I  understood the question....I simply widened my scope and took off the blinkers. I was already living in Pattaya... duh!

Duh! You understood the qeustion but came up with an answer that had nothing to do with the qeustion ??? 

19 hours ago, Leaver said:

The next one says the same.  It's called collusion.  

Maybe in your experience , but i am sure a lot of members on her experienced different . Same as the taxi's in bkk , a lot of them won't take you because it's out of their route or they don't want to turn on the meter . But there are so many of them it will not be long before you find the right one . It's called perseverance.

27 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Duh! You understood the qeustion but came up with an answer that had nothing to do with the qeustion ??? 

My answer includes the fact that I have lived in central Pattaya and chose not to live in Jomtiem.... try to figure it out.

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My answer includes the fact that I have lived in central Pattaya and chose not to live in Jomtiem.... try to figure it out.

Your initial answer didn't include that , it just said you where living somewhere else not in pattaya neither jomtien so you should try to figure out yourself what you where talking about .

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I'm sure it's the experience of most tourists to Pattaya.  

Yes most tourist but if you living in pattaya or jomtien (or anywhere else in Thailand) i think you will not be !@#$ in the !@# by the taxi driver when he is trying to swindle you . And even tourist that came here more then once will quickly know what to do against overpricing taxi's

I had a perfect room last week, but the dogs, moto mob, and one songtaew driver tried to ruin it.  And those sidewalks are all torn up, too.  S Pattaya Rd is kind of weird in that regard.  That last 1 km is just disgusting.  My next trip I am going to be right on the Baht bus line, and close to good shopping, as well as a 15 minute walk to the bus station... No pool at this hotel, but I think the convenience will pay off.  I despise the orange vested clowns.  I don't even want them to think I need a ride.  Got a mob of about 20 on my soi, fortunately, I am very close to the main Rd, One 650cc mini songtaew could eliminate the entire stinking gang.. but that would be common sense. 

43 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Yes most tourist but if you living in pattaya or jomtien (or anywhere else in Thailand) i think you will not be !@#$ in the !@# by the taxi driver when he is trying to swindle you .

Most expats have their own transport.  Eg. motorbike.  Tourists do not.

44 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

And even tourist that came here more then once will quickly know what to do against overpricing taxi's

Maybe they don't come back to Pattaya / Thailand a second time, because of the transport situation.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Maybe they don't come back to Pattaya / Thailand a second time, because of the transport situation.  

I spent a total of five weeks at a decent hotel in HH over the last year.  Now it is about 750 per night, but it was much cheaper in the loooong low season.  But, the one thing I will never forget about the place is one day turning to walk up the stairs and seeing a huge rat crossing the kitchen floor.  I had never eaten there.  Couldn't forget that dang rat if I had too.  I was just reminded of how people have extremely long memories for things that aren't a part of their culture or upbringing. 

Edited by moontang

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Your initial answer didn't include that , it just said you where living somewhere else not in pattaya neither jomtien so you should try to figure out yourself what you where talking about .

Yes, I expanded for those who got confused.....my last post made it clear, to most.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:03 PM, Leaver said:

Most expats have their own transport but i was talking about when you go out drinking so then it's not really responsable to drink and drive right . I geuss you'r one of the people that don't care untill causing or being in an accident . 

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I expanded for those who got confused.....my last post made it clear, to most.

I thought we where still talking about the same post from about a week ago , but anyhow have a day stuck in this one this is the last i have to say about it .

On 3/13/2021 at 10:10 PM, moontang said:

I spent a total of five weeks at a decent hotel in HH over the last year.  Now it is about 750 per night, but it was much cheaper in the loooong low season.  But, the one thing I will never forget about the place is one day turning to walk up the stairs and seeing a huge rat crossing the kitchen floor.  I had never eaten there.  Couldn't forget that dang rat if I had too.  I was just reminded of how people have extremely long memories for things that aren't a part of their culture or upbringing. 

I'm sure many taxi and tuktuk drivers have left a bad impression of Thailand on tourists coming here.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, moontang said:

I had a perfect room last week, but the dogs, moto mob, and one songtaew driver tried to ruin it.  And those sidewalks are all torn up, too.  S Pattaya Rd is kind of weird in that regard.  That last 1 km is just disgusting.  My next trip I am going to be right on the Baht bus line, and close to good shopping, as well as a 15 minute walk to the bus station... No pool at this hotel, but I think the convenience will pay off.  I despise the orange vested clowns.  I don't even want them to think I need a ride.  Got a mob of about 20 on my soi, fortunately, I am very close to the main Rd, One 650cc mini songtaew could eliminate the entire stinking gang.. but that would be common sense. 

Crikey that's some rant just download the Bolt app and you're sorted.