Video: It's all smiles as cop lets six students on two motorcycles do exercises instead of a fine - but the carnage continues

webfact

This allowance or exception is the assembly line why nothing changes when it comes to nearly leading the world in death and accidents! 

Police or no police you can't teach what you yourself haven't been taught.

Kids will be kids you can't let them break the law because your excuse they need to go to school, then required of age to get a license the damage has already been done years of breaking the law they you want them to get a license and learn what?

THAT  will be a good tale for them to tell their grand kids years from now when they are 

reminiscing about the "Olde Thailand" and the way that things used to be. There is a lot of

"cop bashing" around the world (with plenty of it being justified) ..... but this is a display of

the 'human' side of policing – (and it raised a smile). 

Who can remember a video of the inside of a Thai cop shop of a deranged Thai man that was

brandishing a knife in a threatening manner and a uniformed Thai police man talking the man

into surrendering his weapon? 

What happened at the conclusion of this potentially very dangerous incident was for the Thai

man to break down sobbing and the Thai cop giving the man a reassuring cuddle.  

Not all cops are the same, are they? Some can be heroes, too. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

With 26,000 said to die annually that means upwards of 20,000 people die on bikes.

And they wonder why the population of young kids is falling....

Complete lack of understanding, an all too often scenario that is very serious and often has a tragic ending to a "laugh on the way to school".

I wonder if those wry smiles would still be there if it were six young corpses lying in the road?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Definitely cultural - in schools you are not allowed to ask questions if you think something is not right, Teacher is always right, even when they're not. Critical thinking is OK so long as you agree with me.

When they are actually having lessons that is.  Seems to me that much of the school day is given over to lessons on 'Love Thailand, Royal History and Buddha.

In an effort to get my stepson to wear his seatbelt when he's in the back seat, I showed him and his friends some pretty graphic road safety videos of what happens to back seat passengers without belts in accidents - took absolutely no notice.  He wears it every time he's with me - only because I tell him. I am 100% sure he doesn't when I'm not there.

How can they see what they see almost every day and still have no notion of road safety?

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

When they are actually having lessons that is.  Seems to me that much of the school day is given over to lessons on 'Love Thailand, Royal History and Buddha.

You've missed some important things like

Meeting friends

Sports

Eating

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder if those wry smiles would still be there if it were six young corpses lying in the road?

That would make no difference - there'll be another 6 corpses the following week. It just goes on and on - every year another round of meetings on how to tackle the carnage on the roads.  You don't need any meetings to do that, just enforce the bloody law - properly!

• Like 1

Was I not paying attention and missed the bit that goes 'where is your motorcycle license?' 

Really a comment is not necessary as the article says it all. But what now is the attitude of those kids? They had a bit of laugh by the roadside which they no doubt giggled about for ages afterwards. And they now have a reinforced attitude that the law is an ass and can be ignored with impunity.

A bulldog without a bite is a Chihuahua without teeth. Basically it sucks!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pilotman said:

hopefully not who look like 15 year olds

Most gogo dancers are single mothers well over 21 years old. They do wear school uniforms sometimes though. Was that what you were getting at?

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Easy to laugh. Walk in their shoes for one day.

I've endured more hardships in my life than these kids ever will. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

So now the World can see, thanks to Youtube, that Thailand has the most ineffectual police force . I wonder how often the local police chiefs get out of their offices and check on the policing in their area ?  

I think that if these kids and their parents want to play Russian Roulette with their lives, knowing full-well what the accident statistics are, then they should be allowed to do so. It's entirely up to them and simply underlines that life has little value in Thailand.

What every school should do, and what every tv station should do, is show videos of kids with their heads crushed to pulp because of an accident. That might, but only might, have some effect, but I doubt it. A lad opposite my house had half his head ripped off when he did the speeding on a bike into a roadside pole thing. At the funeral gathering the next day I saw his brother go roaring off down the wrong side of the road on his bike, no helmet. If they are too stupid to live then that's okay with me. They don't care so why should we? Fortunately they usually only kill themselves. I'm alright with that.

• Like 1

Just now, Humpy said:

So now the World can see, thanks to Youtube, that Thailand has the most ineffectual police force . I wonder how often the local police chiefs get out of their offices and check on the policing in their area ?  

I thought it was purely an administrative job - surely they check it by the amount of bribes paid?

35 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Most gogo dancers are single mothers well over 21 years old. They do wear school uniforms sometimes though. Was that what you were getting at?

I've endured more hardships in my life than these kids ever will. 

No, that wasn't it.  I was suggesting that in the pic, they all looked to be about 15 or so years old. 

A lot of the time there is no alternative. I used to walk about 4 miles to school, and the same home every day. I admit it was not as hot as here, but the Government could do a lot more by providing SAFE, RELIABLE, and PLENTIFUL school transport to service villages and outlying areas. We all know it will not happen as it would eat into the local officials Mia Noi budgets to much.

There is of course the education on wearing helmets too. If they Have to ride on the bikes then drum into their heads the need to wear a helmet. Fine the parents a few baht each time, maybe the message will get through...........maybe...........one day.........

Covid kills less than 100....yet all Thais pretty much could be rapidly forced into wearing a mask.

Peer pressure or whatever, it is working.

So much so that even those driving motorbike without helmet and without driving license, 99% still stick on the life-saving face mask!

It would be so easy to enforce kids at schools to ride motorbike only if have a driving license and helmet.

By the school or by police.

But no one really cares. 

To everyone who says its a cultural thing, it was a cultural thing in Oz to drink lots and drive(I myself did this without thinking) but too many were dieing and it turned around slowly with heavy fines and advertising and education, so yeah it might take time but it can be turned around, the latest stupidity is holding a phone in one hand and riding I have seen it many times each day since I have been back.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:
It's all smiles as cop lets six students on two motorcycles do exercises instead of a fine - but the carnage continues

It's the Same as with any other Law in thailand . It's the way they Think they Don't  :  Care Factor Zero !

And just allowed to ride off with no helmets. Totally disgusting on behalf of the Police. Impound the bikes, get the parents down, fine them, show 6 news helmets purchased before bikes are returned.

Yes, many people say its a cultural attitude to road safety that is the cause, but what boils my p*ss is when i see Westerners doing the same thing, ''trying to fit in with the locals'' and many times with kids on the bike. Idiots.

21 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I regularly go to certain bars to watch the girls exercise on poles, however some do not seem to gyrate much and hence become overweight and less attractive. ???? 

I am a Pole and I hate voyeurs!

14 hours ago, Susco said:

When I in my home country get a fine of 200- 500 EURO, for a traffic offence, they don't care if I have the money or not, since they have their means of collecting it any way

Unfortunately this is Thailand and a vast number DON'T have the money, meaning it will never be collected by what even means they would like to use. 

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Unfortunately this is Thailand and a vast number DON'T have the money, meaning it will never be collected by what even means they would like to use. 

Really, so that motorbike they used for the traffic offence is just an illusion?

What means you think a western government use if the offender has no money.

Hint : they confiscate what the offender owns, like for example the vehicle

50 minutes ago, Susco said:

Really, so that motorbike they used for the traffic offence is just an illusion?

What means you think a western government use if the offender has no money.

Hint : they confiscate what the offender owns, like for example the vehicle

Just as the western view of curing the problems of Thailand is an illusion from the comfort of the bar stool or the gated community  where everything is perfect, along with depriving them of possibly the only transport they have and forcing people further into debt. Granted not everyone fits into this group, but many many do. 

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Just as the western view of curing the problems of Thailand is an illusion from the comfort of the bar stool or the gated community  where everything is perfect, along with depriving them of possibly the only transport they have and forcing people further into debt. Granted not everyone fits into this group, but many many do. 

Ok, then explain to me why in a country like Vietnam, which is even poorer than Thailand, people adhere to traffic rules.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Susco said:

Ok, then explain to me why in a country like Vietnam, which is even poorer than Thailand, people adhere to traffic rules.

Starts with the way the country is run, it's not run by hi-so families starting at the very top, with the military and police doing as they are told or probably not told about law enforcement for the benefit of the country and its people, an out of control lawless rabble interested only in themselves.