HELP Needed to Change TR Visa to Non-O/1 Year Retirement Extension in Udon Thani ....

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Pattaya80,

I did PM you the requested Guideline document, and you are welcome.

>> To access your PM messages just click the letter icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

Great information... I feel temporarily relieved

Regarding proof of origin

Now if they will update the commercial flights approved for April

cannot get started w/o a flight and current list only shoes MARCH

as many have stated its worthwhile to jump the hoops to get there during these crazed times

Again thank you

On 3/3/2021 at 3:52 PM, UdonJP said:

Hi All,

I arrived on a 60-day tourist visa on Feb 15 and just got out of quarantine yesterday; now back with my significant other in Udon Thani.  I lived here for many years on Non-O/retirement visa terms, but it expired in early 2020 and I got caught out of the country when I left to take care of some family business back home in the USA and was stuck there for over a year.

I want to change my tourist visa to a 90-day non-o, and then get the year extension when possible.  I am a bit clueless as to how to go about doing this; can anyone point me in the right direction?  I figure a thousand others have asked this question ....

One more thing:  I just opened my bank account today at Krungsri Bank.  A friend told me that Udon Immigration will only accept accounts at Bangkok Bank; this sounds ludicrous and I can't believe it would be the case.  Before I start the process of getting money transferred in, I want to make sure that banks other than Bangkok Bank are acceptable!  Also, is proof that the funds came from out of the country (for the 800K baht in my Thai account) necessary?  My partner (a Thai) has enough money here that we could move it in easily.  Also, do the funds have to come from a bank with MY name on it in the USA if Ihave to prove transfer of funds from outside?

Thank you so much for any help or assistance in this matter!

Cheers, James

James, I did exactly this, but at Bangkok.

Any bank will do, but Bangkok Bank is very proficient at providing the advice slips of money coming from abroad. I used Transferwise, and the money was routed through Bangkok Bank, so I had to go to Bangkok Bank (head office only) to get the advice slips that money was "sent from" abroad (in reality it is sent from a partner based in Thailand, but in FX terms the transfer originated from abroad). Also, I received deposits from other people from abroad and these were counted towards my 800k. You'll also need a passbook and a letter from your bank confirming the 800k balance on the day of application.

You also need proof of address: contract or house documents, TM30, and receipts of rent payments for the previous 3 months or whatever is appropriate. They will come to visit your abode and take photos.

There's a checklist somewhere and Peter Denis has put together a useful list.

Good luck. It wasn't too hard in the end, and I did not use an agent or pay any "additional fees".

Archived