Blood Pressure Medication

myprivate

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's why I said yes and no.

Well, personally I would not equivocate; the heart and its condition are of fundamental importance to men in middle age and beyond, and in my opinion not to be fooled around with in asking questions of anonymous people on an internet forum such as this - particularly not just for the sake of lowering his insurance premium.

Just now, Pottinger said:

Well, personally I would not equivocate; the heart and its condition are of fundamental importance to men in middle age and beyond, and in my opinion not to be fooled around with in asking questions of anonymous people on an internet forum such as this - particularly not just for the sake of lowering his insurance premium.

Well Sheryl isn't anonymous. I'm sure she would recommend consulting a competent doctor before starting a BP med but in that context she did mention ace inhibitors. I'm assuming as a way of acknowledging that in Thailand many people do self prescribe because most meds don't require a scip here.

Just keeping it real.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well Sheryl isn't anonymous. I'm sure she would recommend consulting a competent doctor before starting a BP med . . . .

And so she did ask, Have you had a full cardiac assessment? (Inc. stress test)?

The OP's also taking a statin, so his health's probably just degenerating into the usual metabolic syndrome. In the absence of any successful attempt to diet and exercise, chasing after docs is his only realistic course of action. That is, he should get this year's full cardiac assessment out of the way ASAP, not self-medicate and foolishly attempt to defraud his insurance company.

8 minutes ago, BigStar said:

And so she did ask, Have you had a full cardiac assessment? (Inc. stress test)?

The OP's also taking a statin, so his health's probably just degenerating into the usual metabolic syndrome. In the absence of any successful attempt to diet and exercise, chasing after docs is his only realistic course of action. That is, he should get this year's full cardiac assessment out of the way ASAP, not self-medicate and foolishly attempt to defraud his insurance company.

Not interested in arguing with you. Just saying that IF some people are going to self prescribe and some people definitely will, they may as well make the best possible decision on choice of meds. This is Thailand. You can lecture people all you want but you can go into any drugstore and buy most anything. 

• Like 1

A friend who went to Bang Lamung hospital with hypertension BP 180/105 was prescribed:

Manidipine 20 mg, after morning meal

Apresoline (hydralazine) 25 mg, 1 tablet after morning meal, 1 tablet after evening meal

For high HDL cholesterol, half of one 40mg tablet after evening meal, chlovas-40, atorvastatin 40mg tablet

Now his BP average 120/85 pulse ranges 70-90.