What non steroidal anti inflammatory gels are sold in Thailand?

Jingthing

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Another name for the zillions of Diclofenac medications.

Available over the counter Voltaren is.  Works wonders for me when I have my flareups.  I have a double back fusion at L-5/S-1 with a little arthritis.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

I was given Voltaren tablets as well as the Voltaren cream.

A well known brand name for Diclofenac.

In Thailand there must be a dozen or more names for Diclofenac tablets (25 mg, 50 mg, ...).

Given my old limping dog one from time to time.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

A well known brand name for Diclofenac.

In Thailand there must be a dozen or more names for Diclofenac tablets (25 mg, 50 mg, ...).

Given my old limping dog one from time to time.

Exactly, but they are not all the same, tried a few over time and the Voltaren works the best.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Available over the counter Voltaren is.  Works wonders for me when I have my flareups.  I have a double back fusion at L-5/S-1 with a little arthritis.

Have a UR-7/L-4 and middle L_3/S-6 after an active night.

No cream to ease the problem.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Back pain?

I am astonished that Diclofenac is not mentioned (one of the most sold substances worldwide).

Cheaply available here as gel named "Difelene".

I use it occasionally combined/alternately with Counterpain.

difelene.jpg

I stock up when I am in Thailand,the Voltaren creme is expensive.There are now two strengths.The tablets come with a health warning and omeprozel is advised.

Thanks people. 

I hadn't realized the range available. 

Time for some trials.

Turns out I have some Counterpain around that I used a while ago on my knees.

I recall it wasn't that great and smelled nasty so hopefully one of the others will be better.

Apparently you can't use a heating pad on areas being treated with Counterpain.

Are they all like that?

if so thats a shame as the heating pad is helping.

About 15 years ago my back basically made me bedbound and a friend sampled me some strong muscle relaxant.

Worked a charm and a happy time pill but I'm reading not so great for older people and people get dependent on them.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

If you can find a good, focused, talented blind Thai massage person, they can bring great relief. Should be part of your weekly routine. 1.5 hours a week can really help, and it's one of the great benefits of this place. Very inexpensive. 

26 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

If you can find a good, focused, talented blind Thai massage person, they can bring great relief. Should be part of your weekly routine. 1.5 hours a week can really help, and it's one of the great benefits of this place. Very inexpensive. 

I understand and I used to go for Thai massages, but I'm not comfortable with them anymore. I see them as passive yoga. The skill levels vary so much, they do things that concern me as risky as I'm getting older, they rarely have any concern for your specific medical situation, etc. I would be happier with the massage style on offer in Sweden. Not knocking people that find benefits from Thai massage. 

Update on this.

I will note these  suggestions for reference but I think I've improved enough today that I won't be needing them.

I failed to mention how severe my symptoms were. 

Perhaps TMI but they were apparently amplified by constipation  probably caused by inactivity because of the pain and side effects of acetaminophen. Constipation is much rarer with ibuprofen but that has more serious potential side effects.

Anyway I felt I had no choice but to stop the acetaminophen and things improved significantly. So now I think continuing with only the heating pad will hopefully clear things up in some days or perhaps a week.

My last post was probably overly optimistic. I dropped by a local druggeria and saw an interesting product. 

Nurofen gel

Its ibuprofen that you rub in.

Fewer overall body side effects because its localized 

I want to try this but I read there are different types of Nurofen including high strength back pain.

So I didn't buy the basic one hoping I will be able to find the back pain specific ones.

Edited by Jingthing