Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

Hi Chaps

 

My non-imm O visa has been issued and got passport back this morning. My next step is the COE and I have a quick question.

 

On the site it gives am option for types of permitted persons. (see attachments) 

 

I am assuming I choose option 11 NON-O long stay visitor?????

 

Cheers

 

Sam

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 12.00.05.png

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 11.59.08.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the correct one to select if you applied for the non-o visa based upon retirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

 

No I applied for the spouse visa. The visa in my passport says Non immigrant 0. Would it be option 6 then "family of Thai nationals?

 

 

Cheers

 

Sam

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, samwell said:

No I applied for the spouse visa. The visa in my passport says Non immigrant 0. Would it be option 6 then "family of Thai nationals?

Yes it would be number 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, samwell said:

Also do my 90 days for my visa start when I enter Thailand or now?

The day you enter the country is when the 90 days start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samwell said:

Thank a lot Joe.

 

Also do my 90 days for my visa start when I enter Thailand or now?

 

 

Cheers

 

sam

I would assume you'll be applying for a 1 year extension based on marriage before your 90 day entry expires.

That application will count as a visit and they'll issue a notification of the next 90 day report date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 7:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is the correct one to select if you applied for the non-o visa based upon retirement.

Maybe the question has been asked before but I can’t find it. If I have a Non-O Visa based on marriage, it is good for 3 months.  If I want an extension, do I need to apply for a 2-month extension first and for a year after or I can apply for a year for the first extension?  And how much money do I need in the Bank?  Thank you very much for your always very helpful answers.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Maybe the question has been asked before but I can’t find it. If I have a Non-O Visa based on marriage, it is good for 3 months.  If I want an extension, do I need to apply for a 2-month extension first and for a year after or I can apply for a year for the first extension?  And how much money do I need in the Bank?  Thank you very much for your always very helpful answers.   

For a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage using funds in a Thai bank account, the requirement is 400K for 2 months prior to the date of application.

You can apply for a 60 day extension in order to season the 400K for 2 months prior to applying for the 1 year extension if you require more time.

 

The account must be in your sole name.

Edited by Tanoshi
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

For a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage using funds in a Thai bank account, the requirement is 400K for 2 months prior to the date of application.

You can apply for a 60 day extension in order to season the 400K for 2 months prior to applying for the 1 year extension if you require more time.

 

The account must be in your sole name.

Before my 2-month extension expires, if I want a one-year extension, I need 800K in the Bank to my name for 2 months.  Is that correct?  Thank you very much for your help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Is it possible to designate your spouse as beneficiary without putting their name on the account?

Yes, you can add your wife as an authorised signature to the account.

 

My wife is an authorised signature to both my Bangkok bank Savings and Fixed term accounts.

In the case of the Savings account they issued debit cards for both of us.

Her name does not appear on the Passbooks or statements and letters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Before my 2-month extension expires, if I want a one-year extension, I need 800K in the Bank to my name for 2 months.  Is that correct?  Thank you very much for your help.

400K if based on marriage,  2 months months prior to submitting the application.

You can submit the application up to 30 days in advance of your current permission of stay expiring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

If I want an extension, do I need to apply for a 2-month extension first and for a year after or I can apply for a year for the first extension?

You can apply for a one-year extension as your first extension, and I recommend you do so unless there is a good reason to do otherwise. The 60-day extension (only allowed once per entry into Thailand) is useful insurance that you can use at any time when there is a problem with the long term extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 12:15 AM, BritTim said:

You can apply for a one-year extension as your first extension, and I recommend you do so unless there is a good reason to do otherwise. The 60-day extension (only allowed once per entry into Thailand) is useful insurance that you can use at any time when there is a problem with the long term extension.

For the one year extension, do I need 400 or 800K in the Bank for 2 months? Thank you very much,

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

For the one year extension, do I need 400 or 800K in the Bank for 2 months? Thank you very much,

800k retirement.

400k marriage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

800k retirement.

400k marriage.

Thank you very, very much, because in my case it is very important to know, normally I get the retirement Visa as I come to Thailand only 5-6 months a year and spend the rest of the year at home even though I am married to a Thai lady. I make 2 years out of it but it is more expensive and a lot more paperwork, and I don’t need 800k in the Bank in my case, but 400k is very doable, I have no problem with that.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...