Visa has arrived (NON IMM O)

Hi Chaps

My non-imm O visa has been issued and got passport back this morning. My next step is the COE and I have a quick question.

On the site it gives am option for types of permitted persons. (see attachments) 

I am assuming I choose option 11 NON-O long stay visitor?????

Cheers

Sam

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 12.00.05.png

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 11.59.08.png

1 hour ago, samwell said:

Thank a lot Joe.

Also do my 90 days for my visa start when I enter Thailand or now?

Cheers

sam

I would assume you'll be applying for a 1 year extension based on marriage before your 90 day entry expires.

That application will count as a visit and they'll issue a notification of the next 90 day report date.

On 3/3/2021 at 7:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is the correct one to select if you applied for the non-o visa based upon retirement.

Maybe the question has been asked before but I can’t find it. If I have a Non-O Visa based on marriage, it is good for 3 months.  If I want an extension, do I need to apply for a 2-month extension first and for a year after or I can apply for a year for the first extension?  And how much money do I need in the Bank?  Thank you very much for your always very helpful answers.   

2 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Maybe the question has been asked before but I can’t find it. If I have a Non-O Visa based on marriage, it is good for 3 months.  If I want an extension, do I need to apply for a 2-month extension first and for a year after or I can apply for a year for the first extension?  And how much money do I need in the Bank?  Thank you very much for your always very helpful answers.   

For a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage using funds in a Thai bank account, the requirement is 400K for 2 months prior to the date of application.

You can apply for a 60 day extension in order to season the 400K for 2 months prior to applying for the 1 year extension if you require more time.

The account must be in your sole name.

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

For a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage using funds in a Thai bank account, the requirement is 400K for 2 months prior to the date of application.

You can apply for a 60 day extension in order to season the 400K for 2 months prior to applying for the 1 year extension if you require more time.

The account must be in your sole name.

Before my 2-month extension expires, if I want a one-year extension, I need 800K in the Bank to my name for 2 months.  Is that correct?  Thank you very much for your help.

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Is it possible to designate your spouse as beneficiary without putting their name on the account?

Yes, you can add your wife as an authorised signature to the account.

My wife is an authorised signature to both my Bangkok bank Savings and Fixed term accounts.

In the case of the Savings account they issued debit cards for both of us.

Her name does not appear on the Passbooks or statements and letters.

4 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Before my 2-month extension expires, if I want a one-year extension, I need 800K in the Bank to my name for 2 months.  Is that correct?  Thank you very much for your help.

400K if based on marriage,  2 months months prior to submitting the application.

You can submit the application up to 30 days in advance of your current permission of stay expiring.

14 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

If I want an extension, do I need to apply for a 2-month extension first and for a year after or I can apply for a year for the first extension?

You can apply for a one-year extension as your first extension, and I recommend you do so unless there is a good reason to do otherwise. The 60-day extension (only allowed once per entry into Thailand) is useful insurance that you can use at any time when there is a problem with the long term extension.

On 3/5/2021 at 12:15 AM, BritTim said:

You can apply for a one-year extension as your first extension, and I recommend you do so unless there is a good reason to do otherwise. The 60-day extension (only allowed once per entry into Thailand) is useful insurance that you can use at any time when there is a problem with the long term extension.

For the one year extension, do I need 400 or 800K in the Bank for 2 months? Thank you very much,

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

800k retirement.

400k marriage.

Thank you very, very much, because in my case it is very important to know, normally I get the retirement Visa as I come to Thailand only 5-6 months a year and spend the rest of the year at home even though I am married to a Thai lady. I make 2 years out of it but it is more expensive and a lot more paperwork, and I don’t need 800k in the Bank in my case, but 400k is very doable, I have no problem with that.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Archived