Condo Title Deed + Contract

Folks, I recently bought a condo in Thailand. The Title deed has my correct name on it, however with an adjoining contract , there have been many mistakes (including my nationality) wrong.

I only discovered these errors because I got the Title and Or Chor 16 translated to English. Title seems ok with my name but the Or Chor 16 has got a few mistakes especially my nationality. Instead of United Kingdom, it has British Virgin Island. Obviously, it is all stamped and not sure what I can do to get these mistakes verified.  I want to make sure that any of my inheritants do not have issues running around Thailand to get the ownership of condo transferred to them. 

Your input will be most helpful. Thank you

14 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Your only option is to take the documents back to the same Land Office and ask them to correct them.

Normally, they will correct the document by crossing through the incorrect information and hand writing the correct data next to it, then initialing the document.

Importantly, they will also update their computer record.

Thank you sir. My appointed lawyer did all the legal work with the power of attorney as currently in lockdown in UK. Clearly, she was more interested in getting paid than doing a good job, Can I get this changed when I get to Thailand later in the year..?

9 minutes ago, stiggy23 said:

Thank you sir. My appointed lawyer did all the legal work with the power of attorney as currently in lockdown in UK. Clearly, she was more interested in getting paid than doing a good job, Can I get this changed when I get to Thailand later in the year..?

You could but make sure you have someone who speaks perfect Thai and English with you to avoid more mistakes added in there (don't count on anyone speaking any English at the Land office).

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

You could but make sure you have someone who speaks perfect Thai and English with you to avoid more mistakes added in there (don't count on anyone speaking any English at the Land office).

Thank you for your advise.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:28 PM, stiggy23 said:

however with an adjoining contract , there have been many mistakes (including my nationality) wrong

The only time I was ever asked to show the buy/sell contract was at the district office while adding someone to the blue house book. The only reason they asked for it was because I was already signed out of the blue book and there was no house master registered (my son is registered in the blue book but as he wasn't with me I couldn't assign him to be house master).

what does your lawyer say?
Is it a real Lawyer, like with a License, a Diploma from a University and an Office,
or an individual providing Land Office registration services?

A Lawyer would have such sloppy work corrected in no time.

On 3/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, KKr said:

what does your lawyer say?
Is it a real Lawyer, like with a License, a Diploma from a University and an Office,
or an individual providing Land Office registration services?

A Lawyer would have such sloppy work corrected in no time.

All sorted guys.. Thank you for all your help