Applying for a Non O visa to visit children

So my situation is this, I want to visit my children (13&11yrs) this spring so I want to apply for the 3 month Non O visa. Previously I have applied at the Thai Consul in Hull in the UK. When I applied there they did not require a letter of invitation, but due to covid this consulate is currently closed. To apply online at the Embassy in London I have to submit an invitation letter. My question is this who can write this letter? I am not on best terms with my wife so asking her will be difficult. Can it be one of my children as they are also registered in the Tabian Baan? 

Thanks for any advice

There is no requirement for a invitation letter since you are the father of your children.

This on the COE requirements page. 

"3. For family : spouse and children of Thai nationals 

- Copy of marriage certificate and Thai ID or Thai passport of your spouse; or

- Copy of birth certificate and Thai passport of your child.

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

And this for the visa application. The invitation letter is only needed if you will staying with them at a house.

"Non-Immigrant Type (Visiting or staying with applicant's family resided in Thailand (more than 60 days) - single entry only)

• Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. a copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption
  • Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland"

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Archived