Invitation letter (for accommodations) for STV rejected

I should have known better than to consider it worked for others.  It did not pass at the LA consulate.  

Letter of invitation from house owner (aka GF's father), copy of house deed, copy of gov ID from house owner, all signed.

Saw on FB where multiple people had used the same and it passed.  

Was suggested same in more detail from a FB admin (visa services agency owner) of fairly large group that had helped many process their apps.

But either way, I got the call that I needed a fully paid hotel booking for the visa to be processed.

So I booked everything on Agoda.  FYI, you can only book for 90 days per single booking on Agoda.  

And I had to make multiple bookings and request they process the charges so I could confirm full paid.

Sent everything off an hour ago, so I wait.

How does any of this even sound remotely reasonable and/or logical to expect a tourist to do this.

The govt should be intelligent to know that nobody is coming in to live in a tent or under an overpass.  We're all going to be booking, renting, leasing somewhere.

I don't get how this visa is so special when it takes so much paperwork.

I'm literally staying only 41 days longer than someone on a TR could but I've got to provide proof that I'm not a career criminal with elephantiasis?  wth lol

Either way I had no choice but to come in as a tourist this one....last...time before finally getting back to my GF and her family after being away.

We already had plans to get hitched before this whole mess unfolded last year.  I've been rebooking the same flight for almost 18 months now.

My next course of action if I can get the STV is to obviously cancel the bookings once I'm in country and at ASQ but what do I do about my TM 30 or providing documentation to immigration for my extension after my 1st 90 days is up?  I thought about going straight TR but I wanted more time (4.5 months) and did not want to chance the ending of the COVID extensions abrubtly shorting my stay.  Had heard many getting the TR+30+60 and that would've been awesome but I can't take a chance like that and I can't afford to get an ED visa for just being there another 40+ days.  

So I'm looking into the possibility of renting a room from the family since they've rented out part of their house before because it's multiple dwellings on the same lot.  

Don't know if that's legal or not.  I'm sure they'll have to register any lease agreement with the land office, I think.  

But nonetheless I'm left trying to plan my strategy for getting a STV extension without any hassle.

If anyone has any advice or direction I'd appreciate it.  I'll be in Ubon for the duration of my stay with a few weekly holiday outings planned in the south.  

Will have to plan a trip back to BKK (US Embassy) as well if every thing lines up for us to get hitched while I'm there also.

Big thanks to @ubonjoe for helping me navigate through the evisa website a few days ago.  I would've prob been stuck waiting for another week before realizing what I did wrong.

Yeah, don't be me.  Plan it and Do it as it's written and by the rules.  

For the 90 day extension most offices are not asking for proof of your accommodations. If needed immigration would accept a TM30 report and proof of the residence where you are staying. It would not have to be a hotel.

On 3/4/2021 at 8:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

For the 90 day extension most offices are not asking for proof of your accommodations. If needed immigration would accept a TM30 report and proof of the residence where you are staying. It would not have to be a hotel.

ubonjoe is correct in regards to Jomtien Immigration anyway. They did ask for a TM 30 for where I was staying (my house). I didn't have one, so I paid a fine, filled out a TM30 and all was good. Extension granted.

Archived