Marital infidelity a hard (and illegal) habit to give up in Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not really, because 'being faithful' is a Christian concept, and Thailand isn't a Christian country.

Perhaps a more accurate concept for you would be "faith based" as Muslims, Jews, and other "faiths. also have the concept of fidelity to ones spouse 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps a more accurate concept for you would be "faith based" as Muslims, Jews, and other "faiths. also have the concept of fidelity to ones spouse 

Maybe I should have said 'Abrahamic religious concept', although when you're allowed more than one wife that doesn't quite work ......... I have four wives and I'm totally faithful to them ......... and the concept of fidelity was from a time when your wife had no right to refuse you sex.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

I suspect this article was written by a farang, or a woman. 

Legally Thai blokes are allowed to have a bit of casual on the side as long as it not serious and the female is not married. Bangin another blokes wife isn’t good, but if she is not married then no legal problems.

Of course wives aren’t not allowed to slut around. I assume because the wife might end up carrying a SOCK. (Some Other C... Kid) 

Section 1516, Title I of the Civil and Commercial Code of Thailand provides that “Grounds for divorce” are as follows:

1. The husband has given maintenance to or honored such other woman as his wife, or the wife has committed adultery, the other spouse may enter a claim for divorce.

*See the law above differs between men and women. The man can ditch his wife if she merely cheats (adultery). That isn’t the case if the man merely gets drunk one night and slips up. 

Makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Of course wives aren’t not allowed to slut around. 

I assume the same term is used when referring to males who have a " bit on the side", sounds less demeaning than "slut"

The prime reason for this is that Thailand is a majority female country, by far. Everywhere you look, more ladies than men.

After first landing here and hitting up a bar, I discussed this with a wonderful bar lady. I asked her, why so many ladies? Her answer:

1) Thai men have to join the army, go to South Thailand to fight the Muslims, and die.

2) They drink or do drugs and die.

3) They go to the monkey house.

4) They become ladyboys. ????

Thus, more ladies than available men. And thus, the mia noi situation, as explained in that article posted here a couple of weeks ago, with the guy proudly sitting with his “wives” at either side. The ladies don’t like it, yet tolerate it as there’s simply not enough guys to go around.

33 minutes ago, rumak said:

Look,   when I asked each of my giks what they thought about this matter they all concurred :

"Mai Pen Rai ! "    

Just pay farang, evy thing ok!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Marital infidelity a hard (and illegal) habit to give up in Thailand

Men always get the blame.. but there's always another women involved.
Men are always willing to help a hungry lady...

• Like 1

A post has been removed also a reply:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

a great number of thai men think with their little heads, no surprise at all with this news as it is the way they are raised. It may be a law  but its rarely policed/enforced like every other law in Thailand

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I have four wives and I'm totally faithful to them

From Eric Andersen - Faithful

They said loving you and leaving you's
The hardest thing to do
To give my foot another chance
To try another shoe
Yeah, but every time I see someone
I'm always seeing you

Though I have not always been faithful
I always have been true

Well, I'm sometimes seen at parties
Just sitting by the phone
Wondering if I called you
Would you be alone
When I see the looks of lovers
My heart sinks like a stone
Wishing I could be there with them
'Stead of going back alone

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

That must be the joke of the year, any plod found unfaithful to their spouse would face disciplinary action.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Like being transferred to an inactive post,, to give them more time for extra-marital activities?

• Haha 1