Marital infidelity a hard (and illegal) habit to give up in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I'll leave aside the moral arguments for being faithful to one's spouse; every relationship is different and I don't really want to judge another person's arrangement(s).

Gives me feeling of being morally superior by pointing out to friends/acquaintances that they are hurting their wives by playing away ????  

They don't have the permission of their other half. I've never known any couple with an arrangement of screwing who they like, apart from an old flatmate who was going out with a stripper and gave her permission when he doing a 2 year stretch. Not sure if this applied to him :cheesy:

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:
4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not really, because 'being faithful' is a Christian concept, and Thailand isn't a Christian country.

Perhaps a more accurate concept for you would be "faith based" as Muslims, Jews, and other "faiths. also have the concept of fidelity to ones spouse 

Or in the case of some Muslims, fidelity to every one of their spouses?

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I assume the same term is used when referring to males who have a " bit on the side", sounds less demeaning than "slut"

I am not an English teacher. 
But the dictionary says...

noun
slut
  1. 1. a woman who has many casual sexual partners

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai law protects the sanctity of wedding vows, and adulterers can face a hefty fine and other, even stricter penalties.

They can but I haven't heard of Anyone being Fined or anything else than being shot stabbed and killed.

If this was enforced there would be many cops/army and many more people in trouble .

From what I have seen is that a lot of men if they make a bit  more money than the normal jo blo they just get some Giks .

It's a Power show off thing here in Thailand. that's what my Partner says.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

In fact, most people reading this will know of someone who is “playing away from home”, given surveys that show infidelity is still a commonplace practice in Thailand. 

Stop snagging around is a bit like asking them to stop crashing into power poles and setting fire to crop stubble .. ain't gonna happen .. 

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

That must be the joke of the year, any plod found unfaithful to their spouse would face disciplinary action.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Maybe that should read, "found being faithful" ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Both the Royal Thai Army (RTA) and the Royal Thai Police recently announced that any of its members found to be unfaithful to their spouse would face disciplinary action.

I don't think the "law" applies to Hi-Sos.  Commoners. Of course.

Edited by connda

You cant just blame Thai's, farang are as bad, I had 2 friends notice I said "HAD" both farangs both married with kids and both where bang at it, they would tell their wife's they were coming to meet me for a beer one of them would say I'll see you at 5pm for a few beers and not turn up till about 6 to 6-30 pm.

Then if I went home early they would be out round the bars chasing pussy,

One night one of them's wife's called my wife and asked where we were, she thought he was out with me, my wife said Im home in bed, 

I pulled him about that dont <deleted> lie about me, you do what you want but dont involve me, you can always tell something is wrong their wife's stop talking to you like it's your fault leading her husband astray.

Rule No1 if you want to <deleted> around then dont do it on your own doorstep, somebody will see you where I live and grass you up,