Health minister Anutin warns of third COVID-19 wave as fewer Thai people wear face masks in public

webfact

At least he preempting the blame on Thai population this time. Strange Thai blame Myanmar for covid wave, Cambodia blame China, Thailand and Vietnam, Vietnam blame Cambodia and China, yet all report very low rates of infections. Me thinks that there is something amiss with the figures. If all have such small numbers of local infection what are the chances of passing it into each others countries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

a recent survey indicating that people wearing face masks in public has fallen from 90% to 80% percent in just a month.

No vaccine, no masks..........................and they are desperate for the return of foreign tourists???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has expressed serious concern over results of a recent survey indicating that people wearing face masks in public has fallen from 90% to 80% percent in just a month.

they are wearing them in the right places mostly

something that is of concern are crowded bars were social distance is not being observed, owners are piling people in, restaurants are not far behind

Some places have well spaced out tables 

Police in Pattaya are strictly enforcing the midnight closure but up to that time some places are literally packed with people, it makes no sense

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Says he, preaching WITHOUT a face mask !

It's such a simple thing to do, but no.

Same-same as yesterday when CCSA spokesman and doctor both pleaded from continued mask use while NOT wearing masks.

I get the communication issue (muffled), but just speak clearly, use Thai subtitles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydebolle said:

Sweetyboy Anutin is the only one NOT wearing a mask in the OP. But yeah, blame it on the dirty farang who soil the chosen people in the promised land! 

I think he has been reading the Daily Mail, else where would he get the idea of a third wave from

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Health minister warns of third COVID-19 wave as fewer Thai people wear face masks in public

And what is his view on Songkran going ahead... turn a blind eye when a quick profit can be made, regardless of the consequences?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

No vaccine, no masks..........................and they are desperate for the return of foreign tourists???

And allowing Songkran to go ahead.. a long holiday, people traveling nationwide & mixing...

what could possibly go wrong.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, PFMills said:

I think he has been reading the Daily Mail, else where would he get the idea of a third wave from

He has been to the beach, the third wave is called the sneaker/sleeper wave, it comes out if nowhere.

• Haha 1

considering the very low death rate from infections on a per case and per capita basis, thailand would be better served by just letting the virus run its course here and stop with these clampdowns every time an outbreak/flare up occurs.

this would allow for the herd immunity effect to shut covid down here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

"people wearing face masks in public has fallen from 90% to 80% percent"

How many Thai mathematicians were busy to figure out how much 80% of X is.

Probably a special task force, crunching the numbers for weeks.

3 hours ago, Aforek said:

I don' t  know where he has been, but yes, I spent two days in Bangkok, everybody wears a mask, same in my province 

Where I live, for all regular day-to-day activities, as good as nobody is complying with that mask-nonsense.  Only when there are large temple-gatherings, majority of attendants wear them (but nobody is refused that doesn't). 

If I recall well there has been 1 (ONE) positive covid-test in the province where I live (many months ago).  Glad I am living here, with all that fear-mongering madness going on in some other parts of viritually covid-free Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1