Health minister Anutin warns of third COVID-19 wave as fewer Thai people wear face masks in public

webfact

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yes, what a hypocrite! 

Anyhoo, Thailand having such low numbers, what's the difference? Does he know something?

Maybe he does know something, just read in another online paper a quote from one of the boffs at Chulalongkorn University, that CCSA did not report  100 cases found in a factory or plant in Samut Sakhon recently, maybe because all interred in one place?

35 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Maybe he does know something, just read in another online paper a quote from one of the boffs at Chulalongkorn University, that CCSA did not report  100 cases found in a factory or plant in Samut Sakhon recently, maybe because all interred in one place?

Par for the course and with the policy of incredibly minimal testing over the last year and it seems mass vaccination very slow to be rolled out .....Thailand is simply in denial of the real covid situation unless they have benefited from a miraculous virus waiver!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The minister also displayed an international certificate of vaccination

Wow. How did he get so many countries in the world to agree on the format? Well done, he should be promoted to Foreign Minister. Now we can flit from continent to continent happy in the knowledge that our ICV will be accepted. Does it have anti-forgery features?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

No vaccine, no masks..........................and they are desperate for the return of foreign tourists???

Anutin desperate for the return of foreign tourists? 

Nah, he ain’t a big fan. If they were desperate they would make it easier and drop the quarantine. Keeping Thailand Covid safe is a much higher priority. Anutin’s theory about westerners spreading it was right on the money. Over 100 million and counting.

No flies on Anutin. Clever fella.

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And allowing Songkran to go ahead.. a long holiday, people traveling nationwide & mixing...

what could possibly go wrong.

Remember last year?A lot of people traveled to their home provinces.

What happened with the wave of infection?

Never occurred.

• Like 1

Well, if you read about Brazil and its new stronger more contagious than ever CV19 variant, then until everyone is vaccinated, even ones who have already had CV19 still have a good chance to get infected by the newer mutated virus. This is not over yet and who knows if the vaccine will really protect you against the mutated versions or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The minister also displayed an international certificate of vaccination, which he said will be issued to everyone who receives the vaccination, so it can be used to apply for a passport or visa or to show that they have been vaccinated and are safe.

This is rubbish. 

The vaccines stop people suffering from the virus. It doesn't stop you contracting it and being a spreader. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alidiver said:

It doesn't stop you contracting it and being a spreader. 

Essentially true. They know that even if vaccinated the virus can hitch hike in your throat cavity. And maybe in China it gets into your a n a l tract because they are swabbing people in their brown eye. Pass the gas and the virus simultaneously.

Edited by holy cow cm

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:
11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Says he, preaching WITHOUT a face mask !

Hypocrite.

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yes, what a hypocrite! 

Anyhoo, Thailand having such low numbers, what's the difference? Does he know something?

I think it's a great idea that the a person speaking in public does so without a mask. By doing so the audience has half a chance of hearing what he is saying!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Thailand is simply in denial of the real covid situation unless they have benefited from a miraculous virus waiver!

This is possible but the circumstances under which that might have happened are never going to be discussed.

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Where I live, for all regular day-to-day activities, as good as nobody is complying with that mask-nonsense.  Only when there are large temple-gatherings, majority of attendants wear them (but nobody is refused that doesn't). 

If I recall well there has been 1 (ONE) positive covid-test in the province where I live (many months ago).  Glad I am living here, with all that fear-mongering madness going on in some other parts of viritually covid-free Thailand.

Fear mongering , you know the rest of the World is suffering , are you not intelligent enough to go look at figures World Wide , Where do you live Sakon Nowhere ??? You don’t even mention your province , Ehy 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Songkran is coming (apparently), the warnings are starting already.

With no mass vaccine rollout due to begin until after Songkran I just can't see it happening.

Now the condos are doing Temp Checks again , something ‘s going on in Pattaya , not saying anything about it , except 3rd Wave 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Fear mongering , you know the rest of the World is suffering , are you not intelligent enough to go look at figures World Wide , Where do you live Sakon Nowhere ??? You don’t even mention your province , Ehy 

The location under my profile might have given you a clue.

Talking about intelligence... ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I think it's a great idea that the a person speaking in public does so without a mask. By doing so the audience has half a chance of hearing what he is saying!

So, if I go to a market, Tesco, 7Eleven, and I want them to understand what I want to purchase, it is acceptable to remove my mask to explain ?

The lengths some people go to, with rose tinted glasses, to justify an incompetent, unqualified "minister" preaching to the subservients is unbelievable ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Remember last year?A lot of people traveled to their home provinces.

What happened with the wave of infection?

Never occurred.

Neither did Songkran... people were not allowed to party in the streets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Wow. How did he get so many countries in the world to agree on the format? Well done, he should be promoted to Foreign Minister. Now we can flit from continent to continent happy in the knowledge that our ICV will be accepted. Does it have anti-forgery features?

Yeah, those of 50/60 years ago, depends on the quality of the writing, the paper it's on and the stamps appended.

13 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Neither did Songkran... people were not allowed to party in the streets.

Correct, but that was due to the amount of dead bodies in the streets that had succumbed to the Deadly Virus... ????