Two year old who tested positive for COVID-19 visited Hua Hin

webfact

Two year old who tested positive for COVID-19 visited Hua Hin

1pm11.jpg.0d33205433e5bc512aafa4e360eb87f3.jpg
File photo

Prachuap Khiri Khan health authority's Dr Suriya Khuharat reported that a two year old girl visiting Hua Hin from Samut Sakhon had tested positive for Covid-19.

The child had travelled with her mother and elder brother aged 4 to visit grandparents in Soi Khao Noi mid February.

Seven of her relatives in Samut Sakhon had tested positive but five others close to her in Hua Hin were negative. 

She is under the care of Hua Hin hospital and was asymptomatic. 

Manager also reported that a 25 year old Nonthaburi woman who later was confirmed as positive with Covid-19 visited Hua Hin also staying in Soi Khao Noi.

She had travelled to the area with her father in a private car on 13th February but did not leave the house in Hua Hin and returned to the Bangkok area on the 23rd and tested positive four days later. 

Source: Manager

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

She is under the care of Hua Hin hospital and was asymptomatic

The policy they have in Thailand of hospitalizing everyone who tests positive now extends to 2 year olds! Poor girl will be scared stiff with all those hazmat suits around her! There's more humane ways to deal with cases like this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The policy they have in Thailand of hospitalizing everyone who tests positive now extends to 2 year olds! Poor girl will be scared stiff with all those hazmat suits around her! There's more humane ways to deal with cases like this.

Maybe you'd like to dress up as Santa and give her the medication?

• Haha 1

her family broke the law and travelled from the red province. They are not responsible adults.

Even if asymptomatic they posed risk for their mother/grandmother.

When I was 6 I had mildly infectious illness and so hospitalised for several weeks, no any visitors were allowed.

I don't remember suffering from separation from family at all.

In thailand quarantine is done only in hospitals. Why of the reasons, that a lot of people would brake the rule.

One of the example of such behaviour when some 130 thai repatriates escaped from the BKK airport to their homes, despite being told to do quarantine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Amazing that they would place a2 year old in the hospital sealed away from family.  Must be a terrifying experience, just think of the trauma this will cause the poor girl.

Is she isolated away from her parents ??, if so that’s despicable, but I can’t see any mention of that in the article. 

Even under insanity and paranoia of covid-19 I can’t see any hospital separating a 2 year old from her parents.