Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

webfact

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If you want one of these yellow books, go and get a yellow fever (or other) vaccination at the Thai Red Cross facility in Lumphini and ask for the book if they don't automatically give you one. I have records for about ten vaccinations in mine (all needed when working in West Africa).

Thank you for the enlightenment but we need it to travel after our Covid jabs.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's a normal yellow book and has been around for decades. I've had the exact same one for about 25 years. 

Yes. most here are aware of the Yellow Fever booklet and requirement.

20 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If you want one of these yellow books, go and get a yellow fever (or other) vaccination at the Thai Red Cross facility in Lumphini and ask for the book if they don't automatically give you one.

You do realize that we're talking about people OUTSIDE of Thailand getting vaccinated and then obtaining some "proof" of that which Thailand might find "acceptable"?

Advising them to go to Lumphini seems, well, odd.

No clue why anutin is pushing this silly concept. No one beleives this drivel, it makes him and the country look clueless, and there is absolutely no pressure to say this sort of thing now. Not sure who is "audience" is?

Thai health officials skeptical about vaccine passports

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-health-officials-skeptical-about-vaccine-passports/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thaiophil said:

Vaccinated Thais will get the passport, but no word on the several million foreigners living here as ever..

Who do you suggest the "Passport" field is for on the front cover then. Thais have an ID card field there......

It would probably be welcomed by aliens who get vaccinated in Thailand to facilitate an easier entry to their country of origin.

Edited by UncleMhee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And if the airline (for your/my overseas travel) wants proof of vaccination before they will confirm a booking, do you send them a scan/capture of the yellow book page? (Which could easily be a photoshop production.)

Or do you front up to an airline office to show the original (which might have been photoshoped)?

Or???

All highlighting that in modern times digital/easily & quickly verifiable online proof of vaccination is much more sensible/practical.

We all know the Thais love to stamp things. There'll be special ink used that can't be forged and UV lights involved...... It will be safe.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So what happens when countries reach herd immunity, does everyone still have to get vaccinated to travel regardless of COVID now being perceived as a virus that is not as lethal as it was supposed to be ?

Wife's  got a  veruca, do I need  her to get a vaccination passport  also?

• Haha 1