Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

webfact

24 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And if the airline (for your/my overseas travel) wants proof of vaccination before they will confirm a booking, do you send them a scan/capture of the yellow book page? (Which could easily be a photoshop production.)

Or do you front up to an airline office to show the original (which might have been photoshoped)?

Or???

All highlighting that in modern times digital/easily & quickly verifiable online proof of vaccination is much more sensible/practical.

Unworkable in places like West Africa, where the technology is not available, hence the strict requirement to show the yellow book on arrival.

Why would you go to the trouble of trying to fake the book when it is easily available and costs next to nothing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Pretty clear he is talking about Thais travelling internationally not the other way round. 

Honestly, I don't know what he's talking about?

And if your assumption is correct why direct people here to Lumpinin?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

As a travel document, it is a kind of 'medical passport' that is recognised internationally and may be required for entry to certain countries where there are increased health risks for travellers.

Let us know when this covers COVID vaccinations, and which countries accept Thailand's "version".

Until then it's just noise.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

5pm.jpg

Picture: Kapook

Thailand's DPM and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul went on Facebook to show what he hopes every Thai will soon be holding.

A vaccine passport.

The passport is officially titled "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" and has parts in English to facilitate international travel. 

Every Thai who has been vaccinated will get one. 

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Kapook

Anutin was upbeat on his page promoting Thai hashtags that translated as # Thais must be safe and # together the country will recover.

Based on this Kapook said that the opening of Thailand was "coming soon" and quoted the minister as saying that soon for Thais everything would be "relatively normal".

Passport of 2002, Anuti ***** I have not checked these farangs are always late on everything, luckily we Thais are already in the future 2564

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The passport is officially titled "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" and has parts in English to facilitate international travel. 

So where is a list of all the countries that will accept Thai's arriving with this booklet ??? I for one think most countries will enable travelers to download an app to their phones to facilitate a certificate of vaccination. Perhaps with a selfie of me and my nurse getting a jab 

First, the reason I'm here in Bangkok is that I have Yellow Fever. I didn't know that there was a shot for that. Maybe I would have never left my home country,

There is going to have to be a digital network to track and trace vaccinated people worldwide. This ex construction workers attempt to placate Thais with the yellow prop is just today's example of a long list of his faux pas.  He dresses like a medical person but is he really qualified to deal with a worldwide pandemic? 

I'm a bit suspicious of anything free in Thailand. Personally I will buy mine at a hospital facility. What steps is this government and our Health Minister taking to protect the public for counterfeit or diluted vaccine? How many factories are now making vaccine right now and where are press photos of the processes? Are they really going to export vaccine before every Thai is vaccinated?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's DPM and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul went on Facebook to show what he hopes every Thai will soon be holding.

:cheesy:

How are Thais gonna hold this with only 200,000 Sinovac and 117,000 questionable AZ Vaccines for the whole population available now, with a few Sinovac more to follow in the next 2 Months.

This guy has spouted some Tosh in the past, but this is about his best yet.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Now which countries will accept this Thai vaccine passport?

If I were the US or Western Europe, I would not accept a vaccine passport that carried with it the possibility that the carriers had received Sinovac.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I just finished my (expensive...) ASQ. Turns out perhaps I could've waited a couple of months for a no-quarantine entry. Oh well, no room for regrets in life. ????

Gotta say one thing though. It's quite bold to lock down a country for over a year (with all the economic repercussions) and then open it for vaccinated people. Doesn't take many cases to create a spread...