Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

webfact

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Please what does the passport tell. We see it has a number which links to what? also does it have a picture of the person in it? also does it tell the manufacturer of the vaccine? And how much will it cost us farangs. I might have to brake the piggy bank.

The passport booklet itself is free.... It comes ‘with the vaccine’ in my case, I received the ‘yellow vaccine passport’ with the Yellow Fever vaccination. 

The Vaccinations are listed inside with the ‘sticker’ from the actually vaccination which indicates the vaccine, serial number of the vaccine etc

There is no photo on the vaccine passport. 

Could it be easy to fake? Yes - the vaccine stickers inside would be harder to fake. 

I think the vaccine passport is a good idea. As they become more widely used they will become harder to fake or may be integrated into our ‘real’ passports alongside with information integrated into the biometric chip... also used along side Digital passports with an IATA Travel Pass Initial (and QR code which links to all our details). Ultimately the Yellow Vaccination Passport will become a backup to the digital passport. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

has any other country agreed that this Thai Passport can be used? How much for one on Khao San Road?

Its not a ‘Thai Passport’ its an existing international recognised document.... 

Think of it like an International Driving Permit - they are issued locally, fit a specify format and are internationally accepted by those countries which have agreed to accept it (signed a treaty). The same goes for the ‘International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis’...

Its accepted internationally, its nothing new, its not a ’Thai’ thing....  like anything else, it can and probably will be subject to counterfeiting.

Nothing is foolproof and not using such a vaccination passport because it could be counterfeited is somewhat shortsighted. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Certificate_of_Vaccination_or_Prophylaxis

Edited by richard_smith237

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Interesting that the best-case reference document they could find is from 2002.

These were in use twenty years ago as a record of Smallpox inoculations where travellers required a record to enter certain countries. It makes sense to resurrect them but only if the former International agreement is still valid.

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

And not joining the modern world with a digital system/certificate which would be valuable/quickly verifiable when arriving in other countries.

Further, is this his own idea or does it interface with the instruction from the PM to do broad research on the subject of vaccine passports/certificates?

“Genuine copy vaccine passport” - coming to markets near you soon ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miamiman123 said:

Yes in Issan 

Impossible...Immigration offices up there would be overrun. There may be  few million if you include all migrant labour. 

From Thaivisa in 2019

image.png.973b43aac39b6d407d10776ea28ae5d6.png

Edited by DavisH

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

Nobody is going to be carrying around little yellow books. There will be an internationally recognised app with a QR code to scan etc. 

Where i am, there already is an app showing information, immunisation status, ID number, photo, blood type etc. 

A vaccine passport will be very similar. Countries that don't have the technology to scan a QR code will soon get the technology to scan a QR code. 

Thailand will follow what the rest of the world does regarding this. 

Screenshot_20210219_121745.jpg

Agreed....  Other countries already have this...  

Ehteraz - Qatar with a recent edition this past couple of weeks with the vaccination details. 

It seems the Middle East nations are leading the way with these applications. 

It doesn’t take much to include the vaccination details to the Thailand Plus application and roll it out across the nation. 

Of course - the issue then becomes International recognition - its fine to have an App which is accepted internally, but getting 100’s of nations to agree in one single international application is going to be a bureaucratic  nightmare !

International Proof of vaccination is the stumbling block - perhaps the Yellow Vaccination Booklet will be accepted, internationally and that information has to be put into an App (individual to each nation) and verified upon port of entry [just a thought of how this may work].

IMG_7324.thumb.PNG.2c477aec72e3ab5a46f9e56625a6037f.PNGIMG_7322.thumb.PNG.10f6f9de910fd280dad2a274313142cd.PNGIMG_7323.thumb.PNG.40d540318caca923c50d4bfa9fbad772.PNG

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's a normal yellow book and has been around for decades. I've had the exact same one for about 25 years. 

It is needed to show proof of yellow fever and flu vaccinations to enter most countries in West Africa. 

ditto, got mine issued in 1986. 
not really verifiable to a digital world standard.
Nevertheless, the big question now is where I put it ?

Edited by KKr
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davepaul said:

If Thailand is the only one with this yellow book how will it help tourism 

Aw gawddddd.... How hard is it to read the thread before you reply ??? ... come on... read the thread... go on.. back a few pages at least !!! :neus:

This is an INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED DOCUMENT which is already in existence and has been for many years !!! 

(yes, that was shouting - so many people are reading the headline on this thread and have tripped over themselves in making the assumption that Thailand has just ‘created’ its own international document’ !!! ) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Certificate_of_Vaccination_or_Prophylaxis

• Like 1

It's a normal yellow book and has been around for decades. I've had the exact same one for about 25 years. 

It is needed to show proof of yellow fever and flu vaccinations to enter most countries in West Africa. 

I had a vaccination card when I was at school in the mid 50's. Seem to remember things like polio, BCG, whooping cough, smallpox etc. being on it. Travel not much of an issue.

Good job there was no social media and anti vax garbage around then.

I think most farangs have one, no? It's just a Thai copy-copy of the standard international one

Just now, sandyf said:

Good job there was no social media and anti vax garbage around then.

I've been avoiding vaccinations since 1969, not really anti-vax as I don't care what other people do..

Didn't think there were enough vaccines in the 1950s to make it an issue back then.

But they've piled them on since.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A minimum of 5% the vacine does not work.Also many have covid with no symtoms.It only takes a few to spread covid.So having a card to say you have been vacinated .will not stop a outbreak of some kind.insurance companys know this .so covid insurance will be high.Better to continue to try and stay safe.Dont let your guard down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've been avoiding vaccinations since 1969, not really anti-vax as I don't care what other people do..

Didn't think there were enough vaccines in the 1950s to make it an issue back then.

But they've piled them on since.

Why don't they just stamp it in your passport their good at that?

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

...several million... ?

Has me baffled too. It was just under 900,000 a couple of days ago, and that includes farang workers who may be in Thailand for a year or two and then move on