Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

webfact

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

This has always been a misinterpretation. Along with the the idea that certain vaccines are not effective in people over a certain age.

In both instances the actual case was that the data on it was not yet available. A big difference but people seem to have trouble distinguishing between "not yet proven" and "proven not".

It was always to be expected/ highly likley  that (1) vaccines would reduce the ability to transmit the virus and (2) vaccines would also protect the elderly. There just was not initially any actual proof. Now it is starting to come in, and it is as expected.

Thanks @Sheryl

That has been the case for vaccinations against many viruses over the decades.

Search (Google or whatever) for    "transmissibility after vaccination"  (without the "quotes") 

I say that, because to post a link in this fast-changing situation is almost self-defeating as new articles are appearing daily.

That's the wonderful thing about scientific research - the way it evolves to meet changing needs.

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Your point is vaccination can REDUCE transmission so, let's all please get vaccinated ASAP and reduce transmission. There is no 100 percent all-in-one solution.

I have not yet heard of vaccination being mandated anywhere or to do anything yet other than Qantas CEO saying you will need it to get on his plane. That quieted down but for Buddha sake why not? My friend from last night. He stated he absolutely will not vaccinate unless required by his employer here or Thai immigration. He cant give me a good reason why NOT to take a vaccination (other than the government "lies", What are the side effects in 30 years, and other silly concerns) By the way he is in his 50s, quite overweight with high blood pressure and Asthmha history. What would his doctor likely recommend?

Then he gets on a motorbike and rides 25 minutes home to a dark area Moo-Baan 2 large Chang deep! The mind boggles. 

Brilliant! The disconnects between reality, conspiracy and sheer obstinacy being shown by some people are indeed, mind boggling! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

Could  have been a lot sooner if they had moved faster on getting vaccine supply.

Vaccinated Thais will get the passport, but no word on the several million foreigners living here as ever...????

A reaction like a jealous kid ...

1 hour ago, barney42bb said:

No Hologram... Biometric insert... Barcode or QR Code.... Should be a doddle for any aspiring Counterfeit wannabe.

What could possibly go wrong???

The booklet is just a piece of card....  the vaccine stamps & stickers may be harder to counterfeit..

Nothing is foolproof... but something is better than nothing and a vaccine passport is a step in the right direction, not just for Covid-19 but a whole range of other nasties. 

1085183103_Screenshot2021-03-04at13_33_39.png.24ce40b968578d1751822ee04e923180.pngReally, given the risks viruses present the vaccine passport should already be a part of our regular passport and in 2021 this should already contained in our ‘biometric data’ in our passport, passports should also contain a QR code where links to additional online data can be stored and accessed. 

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's a normal yellow book and has been around for decades. I've had the exact same one for about 25 years. 

It is needed to show proof of yellow fever and flu vaccinations to enter most countries in West Africa. 

I have the same from when I travelled southern Africa in the 70's......looks identical.

41 minutes ago, OldPedro said:

This looks exactly like the vaccine passport we had as kids in Australia, in the 1960's.....Well done Thailand

1960's to 2020 is about 60 years..........yeah thats about right!  Amazing Thailand!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A vaccine passport.

Why can't Thailand get up to date and digitise things.

Link the vaccination to passport or data base that can be accessed easily.

Passports can be forged.

10 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:
53 minutes ago, OldPedro said:

This looks exactly like the vaccine passport we had as kids in Australia, in the 1960's.....Well done Thailand

1960's to 2020 is about 60 years..........yeah thats about right!  Amazing Thailand!

People in such a hurry to criticise Thailand and making complete fools of themselves....  The bigger concern here is that some of you may have contributed to the gene pool by having offspring... 

This is an international document - currently, the only document recognised by the international community. 

• Like 2

How International is it!  A great % of Thai can't afford to travel abroad and if they can I know western countries aren't going to require Thais to jump through 1-20 items C.O.E. and required 100,000 USD insurance? 

So will Thailand recognized whatever form it might be in other countries Passport Vaccine?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

How International is it!  A great % of Thai can't afford to travel abroad and if they can I know western countries aren't going to require Thais to jump through 1-20 items C.O.E. and required 100,000 USD insurance? 

So will Thailand recognized whatever form it might be in other countries Passport Vaccine?

If they want folks from other countries to visit then it's obvious they will have to accept vaccine passports/certificates from other countries.

Seems that many countries are developing digital passports/certificates which can be verified on line in a couple of seconds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

If they want folks from other countries to visit then it's obvious they will have to accept vaccine passports/certificates from other countries.

Seems that many countries are developing digital passports/certificates which can be verified on line in a couple of seconds. 

That is what I'm hoping when it comes time but everything I've read just this last week they have suggested 14 days down to 3 days, quarantine at your home what a crazy idea how would they ever confirm that a person has?

These idea being thrown around nothing has been mentioned about the insurance then I read two days ago they might want people to apply for a C.O.E and insurance was still required?  Hope you are right but as you know here in Thailand the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing?

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

That is what I'm hoping when it comes time but everything I've read just this last week they have suggested 14 days down to 3 days, quarantine at your home what a crazy idea how would they ever confirm that a person has?

These idea being thrown around nothing has been mentioned about the insurance then I read two days ago they might want people to apply for a C.O.E and insurance was still required?  Hope you are right but as you know here in Thailand the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing?

I suggest a meetup. It's high time the left hand met the right hand....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Well, they better accept or offer these for people who can prove they were vaccinated overseas, which is where I might be.

There will probably be an app on your phone that holds your vaccination record, wherever you got it. Then, internationally, there will be a system to scan a QR code on your phone proving you had the vaccine, and bingo! The little brown book will go back to the museum it was pulled from!

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Thank you for the enlightenment but we need it to travel after our Covid jabs.

It would be nice but this isn't referring to foreigners having it what he's referencing is that it's for Thais in this article 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jwbrit said:

There will probably be an app on your phone that holds your vaccination record, wherever you got it. Then, internationally, there will be a system to scan a QR code on your phone proving you had the vaccine, and bingo! The little brown book will go back to the museum it was pulled from!

Maybe but there also needs to be a hard copy carried round with you, not everyone has a smart phone and it also assumes you have internet connection whichever country you travel to.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Interesting that the best-case reference document they could find is from 2002.

how this article has to do with opening the country.

first : every one in the world believe that Thailand avoid procedures and with money you can purchase such a document.

second : no country is interested in Thai travelling health documents because it has not been established  and this this toilet paper is nothing to a country when they have not inoculate 50% of its people and not even 1% either.

third: how this traveling document will help the incoming travelers  for them to say " we can open the country.

Who are they kidding.. don't fall in the trap.. it is a total useless document.

Last: whether you have such document or not you will be still quarantine for 14 days in England, Canada an other countries. 

Vaccination document if issues worldwide will need to be approved by WHO.

and many other countries.

and what vaccination they offer. Few Chinese, Astra Zeneca that does not work yet or the one made local which has zero percent effectiveness.

Let me laugh at their stupidity and the stupidity and of Farangs to believe that it is their salvation for travelling..

HAHA and HAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1