Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

webfact

9 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Big deal.  Ever hear of yellow fever passports?  Same thing.  

And vaccinated with what?  What you get may be what determines things, not if you've been vaccinated.  

IF a vac passport is approved, it will presumably require details included.

I got the Nurse who vaccinated me to stamp my old vac book with the same information as on my card thus:

Capture.JPG.58d540436ee991109f6fc38ed07db45e.JPG

That also appears on my NHS digital record

It's a starting point from which to export the data into whatever system is eventually required. 

Edited by VBF

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

IF a vac passport is approved, it will presumably require details included.

I got the Nurse who vaccinated me to stamp my old vac book with the same information as on my card thus:

Capture.JPG.58d540436ee991109f6fc38ed07db45e.JPG

That also appears on my NHS digital record

It's a starting point from which to export the data into whatever system is eventually required. 

It's no big deal.

We have inoculation cards where I live and I keep it updated.  They sign each inoculation.

We're not re-inventing the wheel here.  This is only one vaccination of things that you should get to visit Thailand.  Japanese encephalitis, hep a, b.  Yada yada yada.  

Plus my yellow fever card which you are supposed to have but nobody checks.  

When the pandemic ends, nobody will pay any attention to COVID at all.  It will either go away or be just another flu that floats around.  

I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Thailand signed anywhere.  That goes triple for China.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the green light said:

how this article has to do with opening the country.

first : every one in the world believe that Thailand avoid procedures and with money you can purchase such a document.

You know what everyone else in the world thinks ???  but really, thats not just Thailand but the majority of the developing world which succumbs to corruption in similar situations - nothing is incorruptible. 

If penalties are strict enough the deterrent may be strong enough. i.e. if found with a fake Covid-19 vaccination sticker in a fake Vaccine Passport the penalty is deportation and banned from Thailand (black-listed).

second : no country is interested in Thai travelling health documents because it has not been established  and this this toilet paper is nothing to a country when they have not inoculate 50% of its people and not even 1% either.

This is not a Thai document. The yellow Vaccination Passport is an existing internationally recognised document.

third: how this traveling document will help the incoming travelers  for them to say " we can open the country.

Its a start, letting people who are vaccinated into the country along with other measures such as having a pre-flight Covid-19 negative result. 

Who are they kidding.. don't fall in the trap.. it is a total useless document.

The very same document already works, its used for Yellow Fever vaccinations. 

Last: whether you have such document or not you will be still quarantine for 14 days in England, Canada an other countries. 

This is obviously just a temporary measure when compared to Thailand operating under Emergency Decree. 

Vaccination document if issues worldwide will need to be approved by WHO.

and many other countries.

Absolutely - Hopefully in combination with the digital certificates which are being individually developed by each nation (i.e. Thailand’s 'Thailand Plus’ app).

and what vaccination they offer. Few Chinese, Astra Zeneca that does not work yet or the one made local which has zero percent effectiveness.

The vaccine passport can show proof of whichever vaccine you take. The efficacy of the vaccine is a different point. 

If questioning the efficacy of the vaccine one has to debate the point of taking a vaccine at all. A requirement to show proof of having a vaccine before being permitted into a country (or permitted international travel) makes that debate moot. 

Let me laugh at their stupidity and the stupidity and of Farangs to believe that it is their salvation for travelling..

HAHA and HAHAHA

You kind of stuck your neck out there.... Calling Vaccination Passports Stupid and foreigners who believe they can travel with a Vaccination passport stupid when the very same Vaccination Passport has been in place for decades. 

All this requires is for the Emergency Decree to be lifted and Thailand to allow entry to vaccinated foreigners with the yellow Vaccination Passport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A government minister blethering on about what might happen, waving a 19 year old document as an example, a two tier vaccination scheme with the military, police and HiSos appearing as if by magic at the front of the queue, one product for the "good people" and a cheapo less effective one for the masses, to be "rolled out" one day sometime whenever, reports already of "misunderstandings" as to how and to whom the vaccine is to be distributed, a different prediction as to what will happen to the tourist figures every day, and a total refusal to accept the self evident fact that the industry has gone, is deader than a Norwegian Blue Parrot!

I suspect that many Thais already regard that as normal!

Edited by herfiehandbag

I got this WHO-World Health Organization/OMS "International passport" 30 years ago. 

Nothing new apart the fact of using it for covid-19 and not only yellow fever, and so on...

Edited by daejung
  • Like 1

Each country decides what it wants .

You cannot enter these countries or territories without yellow fever vaccination :

Angola
Bénin
Burkina Faso
Burundi
République de Centre Afrique
Congo Brazzaville
Congo
Ethiopie

French Guyana
Ghana
Guinée
Kenya
Liberia
Mali
Niger
Nigeria
Ouganda
Rwanda
Sénégal
Sierra Leone
Soudan
Togo
Tchad

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

I’m a Brit married to a Thai lady but working in Saudi, fully vaccinated with the Pfizer gear and have a certificate from the Saudi Ministry of Health. Will this be good enough or, will I require something else. Probably.

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's a normal yellow book and has been around for decades. I've had the exact same one for about 25 years. 

It is needed to show proof of yellow fever and flu vaccinations to enter most countries in West Africa. 

These books disappeared in Europe. I had one when I was a kid.

In the USA, I received a CDC card showing the covid vaccine. Looks very different from the Thai version and I am sure that this will not get me past immigration in BKK.

22 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

These books disappeared in Europe. I had one when I was a kid.

In the USA, I received a CDC card showing the covid vaccine. Looks very different from the Thai version and I am sure that this will not get me past immigration in BKK.

The US (CDC) card looks very unofficial.  Handwritten...

9 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Thats the whole point.......it can only REDUCE.

It cannot eliminate.

Whats the point of a vaccine passport if 5% of the people who hold it might be carry the virus and passing it on.  Thats with the "so called" efficacy of 95%.   Actually many are only 60% or 70% or 80% effective.

That means 40% or 30% or 20% of those carrying their lovely little vaccine passports might also be carrying the virus and passing it on to people.

The point is........a Vaccine Passport is no guarantee the person does not have Covid.  So what purpose does it serve ?

Its like a box of 10 condoms where 3 of them have holes in..........are you happy to use all 10 ?????????

Yes,. its safer than using none...........but with 3 with holes in over time they are useless........the end result is the same.

Vaccine passports should be dumped before they even get started.

Just make the vaccine available then open the doors................if you dont want the vaccine, your choice.  As long as everyone has had the chance to take it, or not........thats all a government is responsible for.

"Vaccine passport" is pure nonsense in relation to Covid and how low the efficacy is of pretty much all the vaccines.

I may be wrong, but it sounds like you think the world should stay locked down until there is zero Covid. And most experts agree there will never be zero Covid. 

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Let us know when this covers COVID vaccinations, and which countries accept Thailand's "version".

Until then it's just noise.

All member countries of the World Health Organisation (WHO) accept the WHO standard international vaccination certificates issued in all other member countries of the WHO. This is akin to the international recognition of passports, which is another important document that has been standardised for international use, this one by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Let us know when this covers COVID vaccinations, and which countries accept Thailand's "version".

Until then it's just noise.

Just like any other vaccination, the Covid-19 vaccination can also be entered in the WHO standard international vaccination certificate.

If an individual airline or an individual country wants to introduce, in addition, an electronic vaccination record for a specific type of vaccination, that is this airline's or country's own choice and decision.

Ideally, the WHO should develop an international version of an electronic vaccination certificate for the recording of all types of vaccinations, not just for one individual vaccination, for use in those member countries of the WHO that are equipped for it.

11 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

So where is a list of all the countries that will accept Thai's arriving with this booklet ??? I for one think most countries will enable travelers to download an app to their phones to facilitate a certificate of vaccination. Perhaps with a selfie of me and my nurse getting a jab 

The list of the countries accepting the international health certificate shown in the news article in the OP is here:

https://www.who.int/countries

• Like 1

Not sure how many countries will want to take the time for this and Thailand is known for copying and fakes. However some Thais think they are the best so maybe Thailand will lead the world in vaccine passports.....not convinced. Advanced countries will have the data attached to flight bookings and Immigration so that you can't board a plane without staff swiping your passport and the modern world it's all linked the same as if you are wanted by the Police etc. Australia has been doing this for at least a decade as everyone (except the Aussies) needs a visa before entering and how else would immigration know before you book the plane and you don't hear of people arriving in Australia without a visa, only some getting denied entry and their visa is cancelled. There is also the possibility of an App that is far more secure. That book looks easy to copy and about 20 years out of date. Thai are making around 50% of people redundant, another reason I think it will be at least 5 years before the numbers are anything like before. Most Chinese have not even had the first vaccination. I have had my first one and also tested for antibodies and I have them so immune.

so many issues/up in the air comments - where to begin?

typical issues when dealing with thai officials in govt. 

1. true timeline

2. bad thought out plan

3. why paper vs digital 

4. right hand vs left hand

5. does prayut endorse or back this?

etc...the list could go on easily to another dozen other issues due to poor thought out /researched ideas

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

And not joining the modern world with a digital system/certificate which would be valuable/quickly verifiable when arriving in other countries.

Further, is this his own idea or does it interface with the instruction from the PM to do broad research on the subject of vaccine passports/certificates?

It may get you the green light to exit Thailand but I doubt very much that it will get  you entry into ANY of the countries that will have the new joint digital airline vaccine passport that Qantas and Emirates are introducing.Nothing against this booklet but it is old hat and open to forgery looking at it..these were used after the war into the eighties for polio and other diseases that were prevalent .I had a vaccine card to allow me into Australia..Small Pox I think!

24 minutes ago, sydneyjed said:

It may get you the green light to exit Thailand but I doubt very much that it will get  you entry into ANY of the countries that will have the new joint digital airline vaccine passport that Qantas and Emirates are introducing.Nothing against this booklet but it is old hat and open to forgery looking at it..these were used after the war into the eighties for polio and other diseases that were prevalent .I had a vaccine card to allow me into Australia..Small Pox I think!

Good points and I agree.

I'm in Australia right now (citizen of Oz), I will get first vaccine jab about 10 days from now. In Australia Covid 19 inoculations are being recorded at time of jab on personal Medicare records, all online, all citizens have (or are entitled to) Medicare. I show my Medicare card, It's scanned at same time as I get the jab, full details including batch no etc., etc., all recorded on my Medicare inoculation history. I can transfer a copy onto my smartphone and I can print it. Can give a reference to airline (in any country) when booking ticket etc., and they can instantly online verify I've had the vaccine. I've not tested this but so far so good.