Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

webfact

Guest Harm Hendrik Reitsma
21 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Can't stand him but a vaccine passport is, actually, the only way to go so we can get our lives back.

The idea is rediculous, when you don't want vaccin you can be discriminated or stopped from entering buildings or malls??

21 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Does he think foreign tourists want to mix with UNVACCINATED locals???

Now you assume that this is not the case already?? The idea you bring in is of uther nonsense! Many farang don't even want this jab..so you have your answer!

2 minutes ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

Now you assume that this is not the case already?? The idea you bring in is of uther nonsense! Many farang don't even want this jab..so you have your answer!

Thanks for enlightening me H, your assumption that I assume anything is total nonsense, at any time is farang vaccination even mentioned? I gather English is not your first language!

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

Thanks for enlightening me H, your assumption that I assume anything is total nonsense, at any time is farang vaccination even mentioned? I gather English is not your first language!

You give the idea farang wouldn't want to mingle with people without a jab, don't you?

Just now, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

You give the idea farang wouldn't want to mingle with people without a jab, don't you?

Let me put in it's simple form, H, The majority of Thai's won't be vaccinated this year! Do you want to mingle with them!

7 minutes ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

Well lets' remember that all farang don't adopt the same attitudes, people are individuals whether they are farang or whatever. Bottom line is that it's a personal choice! If anybody chooses to not mix too much with people who are adamant they don't want an inoculation or are not yet inoculated, or whatever is personal choice, which they are entitled to.

Let's not forget some people in the community are elderly or have other medical conditions which push them to be more careful about exposing themselves to any chance of Covid 19 infection.

I have a serious COPD (severe permanent recurring bronchitis condition) with severe permanent lung scaring and when the severe painful coughing occurs it brings on painful shortness of breath. I need to be very careful to avoid infection from the common cold, the flu and now Covid 19, the end result could easily be quick death.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's a normal yellow book and has been around for decades. I've had the exact same one for about 25 years. 

It is needed to show proof of yellow fever and flu vaccinations to enter most countries in West Africa. 

Correct and even Thailand ask many South American countries to show  a Yellow Fever Certificate booklet. 

Yellow_Fever_Certificate.jpg

2 hours ago, hioctane said:

Relax people. It is an idea/proof of concept. As more countries open borders to the vaccinated and digital vaccine passports evolve and get international support, things will change.

Sure, right now the whole approach to Vaccine Passports or whatever name will be used is a global 'work in progress' and surely it would be better if there's a standard but very professional and secure system.

Given modern technology seems to me that using digital methodologies would be well worthwhile and could provide security and speed. 

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've been avoiding vaccinations since 1969, not really anti-vax as I don't care what other people do..

Didn't think there were enough vaccines in the 1950s to make it an issue back then.

But they've piled them on since.

In the 50s there were vaccines for whooping cough, tuberculosis, diphtheria, smallpox and polio being administered to children. Late 60's saw the vaccine for measles which by early 70s had morphed into measles,mumps & rubella(MMR).

Just now, sandyf said:

In the 50s there were vaccines for whooping cough, tuberculosis, diphtheria, smallpox and polio being administered to children. Late 60's saw the vaccine for measles which by early 70s had morphed into measles,mumps & rubella(MMR).

TB and Smallpox wasn't given until you were in high school. I know because I refused them.

Diphtheria vaccine wasn't commonly given to kids in the UK.

I had mumps and measles .... no need for a vaccine after the event.

Polio and Whooping cough were about it.

And Tetanus.

20 hours ago, billsmart said:

What I don't understand is what good this will do. Being vaccinated means you can't (probably) have a bad reaction to the virus, but it doesn't mean you can't become infected and be capable of spreading the virus. So, what will it be used for?

self protection as a start...

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, scorecard said:

...several million... ?

It is not the same passport for us farangs it will be a passport  with a certificate that we took a shower in the last 24 hours

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

i had vac for polio by tekking a sugar lump.....!!!

6 hours ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

The idea is rediculous, when you don't want vaccin you can be discriminated or stopped from entering buildings or malls??

Agreed... those who don’t want to be vaccinated should be free to carry the virus and expose those who may be in high risk groups....  Its their right, right??? :whistling:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... those who don’t want to be vaccinated should be free to carry the virus and expose those who may be in high risk groups....  Its their right, right??? :whistling:

Even those who are been vaccinated carry the virus, probably you do not aware how these vaccine work, or ask to Bill Gates

17 hours ago, visarunner said:

Correct and even Thailand ask many South American countries to show  a Yellow Fever Certificate booklet. 

Yellow_Fever_Certificate.jpg

So what they are talking about is a vaccine passport for Thais (and I guess resident foreigners) who want to travel. This says nothing about how those travelers will be treated when they return to Thailand. As of now - quarantine! In addition, it says nothing about travelers who want to visit Thailand and carry one of these from their home country. From what they have been saying - quarantine!

So essentially, this article says nothing.

23 hours ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

Many countries have had the concept of mandatory vaccines for a variety of things in the past... I also don't want to have the vaccine as I'd rather not hear about something unintended cancer rate spikes in 10 years, but such is life... 

On 3/4/2021 at 10:05 AM, webfact said:

Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

The most obvious problem with this concept is verifiability. Especially true in China and culturally similar countries like Thailand where lying and corruption is pervasive 

We can almost guarantee a mass fraud with many unvaccinated people having vaccine passports and travelling

20 hours ago, sandyf said:

I'm just surprised the Thai Domestic tourism has not filled the gap yet. So weird 

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No. They suggest it is THEM that need  to stay home if they are so afraid of catching it.

21 hours ago, scorecard said:

Bill Smart posted:

What I don't understand is what good this will do. Being vaccinated means you can't (probably) have a bad reaction to the virus, but it doesn't mean you can't become infected and be capable of spreading the virus. So, what will it be used for?

scorecard replied:

self protection as a start...

Bill Smart replied:

The book doesn't protect you; the vaccination does.

I can think of only one thing these book could be used for, and that would be to set up "safe zones." For example, a restaurant could be a "safe zone" if all their employees had been vaccinated (had one of these books), and they required all customers to show they have a book. In that case, the restaurant could operate "normally," without any mask requirements.

But, all those with a book showing they have had a vaccination should still be required to wear a mask in other, non "safe zone" places.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 6:55 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Maybe but there also needs to be a hard copy carried round with you, not everyone has a smart phone and it also assumes you have internet connection whichever country you travel to.

Yes, good point, not everyone has a phone. I think a system that uploads and encrypts the vaccine data onto your phone, so you won't need an internet connection, will emerge.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:15 AM, Thaiophil said:

Could  have been a lot sooner if they had moved faster on getting vaccine supply.

Vaccinated Thais will get the passport, but no word on the several million foreigners living here as ever...????

Yes I was going to ask what this clown shoe intends to do (besides nothing) about all farangs living here!

"Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

One thing's for sure, if Thailand does manage to re-open, it will have nothing  whatever to do with anyone in the government - unless the price is right of course....

Edited by Taswegian23