Thailand's re-opening "coming soon" as Anutin shows "Vaccine Passport"

webfact

On 3/4/2021 at 3:02 PM, Don Chance said:

Here you go, come to Thailand!

74E06EE9-1AB0-4899-87480D5514B8B3FA_sour

Got my first jab at Walgreens in the US and everything is handwritten on the CDC card including my name and dob on the top portion and below the vaccine type, lot number and date. No sticker was applied. I asked about this and she said the sticker was put on my paper vaccine consent form. I also asked about how I would go about getting digital verification and she said the info would be entered in a CDC database but did not know more about it. The only ID I showed was my drivers license and my Medicare card. So, not sure how this can be linked to my passport. I did not give my SSN but I am assuming that they can get that from my Medicare account. Then I suppose my passport number can be accessed using my SSN.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, QPRFC said:

These fake Immunisation Passports can already be bought online at AliExpress and no doubt Koh San Road

The ‘card’ wallet is just that.. a folded piece of card, it has no embossed stamp or holograms etc... 

It is the content of the wallet that is important - the ‘Stickers and batch number’ of the vaccine along with a doctors signature (and stamp - showing Medical number). 

Of course, all of this can be counterfeited along with anything else.. 

There are no foolproof solutions, but because someone could counterfiet something is not a reason not to implement a good idea which could be improved upon once rolled out. 

On 3/7/2021 at 10:02 AM, grin said:

Got my first jab at Walgreens in the US and everything is handwritten on the CDC card including my name and dob on the top portion and below the vaccine type, lot number and date. No sticker was applied. I asked about this and she said the sticker was put on my paper vaccine consent form. I also asked about how I would go about getting digital verification and she said the info would be entered in a CDC database but did not know more about it. The only ID I showed was my drivers license and my Medicare card. So, not sure how this can be linked to my passport. I did not give my SSN but I am assuming that they can get that from my Medicare account. Then I suppose my passport number can be accessed using my SSN.

Your drivers license has a unique ID. I am guessing, eventually, they could give you a digital QR code that you can print out and carry with you. In clubs, they scan your ID to verify your age. In theory, a venue, could scan your QR code, which links to your ID and you show your ID to prove that the QR code with vaccination status is in fact you.

seems like there is another development in the entry policy, and now

the COE official link does not show anymore the option for tourists on visa waiver (under Types of permitted persons ) .

it was there few days ago, now it is gone. only STV  is the option there now.

i checked it with few countries options, but it is the same - no option for tourists on visa waiver passports.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, hioctane said:

They are ready, but they still have no supply. Even if they were to find a supply, it would need to be approved by Thailand’s FDA first.

Your travel options and entrance to large gatherings (concerts, sporting events, etc) will be limited until the pandemic is over.

Yes, your whackmole doctors from all over the world are wrong. All 5 of them. To dispprove that, name them all.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:51 AM, Pravda said:

I wanna yellow book for yellow fever.

how to get?

You can buy them on amazon for quite cheap

Unfortunately whatever the EU, USA and everywhere else comes up with anyone will be able to buy online.  It's too bad we cannot just go to the hub of hub international medical facility and but the vaccine.  I think you have to follow the money in this case.

It looks like 63,000 Thais have had their first jab.  It is going to be awhile before they should open up the country.

• Confused 1

On 3/21/2021 at 2:44 AM, bristolgeoff said:

Allready have one from my travels  for yellow fever when in africa.i will get my jabs and be able to check that passport out again

Me too...when I had my first Covid jab, I got the Nurse to enter it in my book. That's clearly won't be enough but every little helps, I say.