Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I obtained a one year marriage visa last year, from Pathum Thani immigration, I am now up for renewal on March 11th. 

Just a couple of questions: 

1. Last year I had to pay 1000baht (extortionate time-slot fee!) for the immigration police to drive round and verify in person that I live in my house. Will I have to do this ordeal again? 

2. Just checking that I am not missing any documents from the following list:

British passport, arrival card, copies...
Wife's house booklet / wife's ID 
New Kor Lor 2 certificate, 
400,000 baht in the bank for 2 months, statement printed and stamped by bank.
TM7 form?
Passport photos
Visa fee...

I'm unsure if I'll need: 
Medical certificate?
Printed map to house and photos (which corresponds to question 1)?

Any info on what I am potentially going to forget to bring would be hugely appreciated. 

Thank you so much,

Joe 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No medical certificate is needed.

Map and photos of you and wife in and around the house will be needed. Most offices only do one house visit and only few odd office do one every year.

You will need 2 completed TM7 forms with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

At most office you will only need your updated bank book and copies showing the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months and the standard letter from the bank.

Best to do the application early. You could do it now if you have the required documents ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

I obtained a one year marriage visa last year, from Pathum Thani immigration, I am now up for renewal on March 11th. 

You obtained a 1 year extension of your permission of stay, a permit, not a Visa, based on marriage.

 

20 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

1. Last year I had to pay 1000baht (extortionate time-slot fee!) for the immigration police to drive round and verify in person that I live in my house. Will I have to do this ordeal again? 

You were scammed. Immigration use their own paid for vehicles and it's part of their job. They get an allowance if they use their own vehicles. Usually a home visit is only required for the first extension application, but if you keep paying for their journey's they'll be more than happy to call each and every year.

 

23 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

2. Just checking that I am not missing any documents from the following list:

This is my document checklist for extension based on marriage.

Extension of Stay based on Marriage.odt

 

28 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

I'm unsure if I'll need: 
Medical certificate?
Printed map to house and photos (which corresponds to question 1)?

Medical certificate - No!

Printed/hand drawn map + photo's - Yes!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No medical certificate is needed.

Map and photos of you and wife in and around the house will be needed. Most offices only do one house visit and only few odd office do one every year.

You will need 2 completed TM7 forms with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

At most office you will only need your updated bank book and copies showing the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months and the standard letter from the bank.

Best to do the application early. You could do it now if you have the required documents ready.

Thank you, UbonJoe,

Prompt and informative as always, much appreciated !

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You obtained a 1 year extension of your permission of stay, a permit, not a Visa, based on marriage.

 

You were scammed. Immigration use their own paid for vehicles and it's part of their job. They get an allowance if they use their own vehicles. Usually a home visit is only required for the first extension application, but if you keep paying for their journey's they'll be more than happy to call each and every year.

 

This is my document checklist for extension based on marriage.

Extension of Stay based on Marriage.odt 22.7 kB · 2 downloads

 

Medical certificate - No!

Printed/hand drawn map + photo's - Yes!

Hi Tanoshi,

Thank you for the document and info, just what I needed!

Yes I know the 1000baht was a scam, but they basically said to my wife, you can either:

- not pay and the officers will turn up randomly sometime in the next week and if you're not there, you will fail the visa.
- Pay 1000baht and you can book a timeslot for them to come, so you are ready and waiting...

My wife had excessive arguments about this, and they just said it's the normal way and "Up to you, don't pay then!" 

I really hate Pathum Thani immigration, they are always asking for the odd 100baht here and there, for who knows what, and that 1000baht time-slot thing is a joke. 

If there is someway I could report them I would be more than happy to?!!

Thanks again, 

Joe 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

My wife had excessive arguments about this, and they just said it's the normal way and "Up to you, don't pay then!" 

I really hate Pathum Thani immigration, they are always asking for the odd 100baht here and there, for who knows what, and that 1000baht time-slot thing is a joke. 

If there is someway I could report them I would be more than happy to?!!

It's not the normal procedure, it's blackmail/corruption.

 

To late to complain about last year, but if they state another home visit required for 1,000 baht, let the wife speak to them and make a complaint, ring 1178.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...