JSCCIB Urges Government to Adopt Covid-19 Vaccine Passport Scheme

webfact

JSCCIB Urges Government to Adopt Covid-19 Vaccine Passport Scheme

Paphamon Arayasukawat

93f150194a826d2023897be3d1a38b88_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) has urged the government to speed up its decision on adopting a Covid-19 vaccine passport scheme to increase tourist arrivals.

Thai Chamber of Commerce Chairman Kalin Sarasin said Thailand should consider implementing its own vaccine passport scheme, adding that JSCCIB is confident a vaccine passport would boost economic sentiment, and many countries have already started mass vaccination programs for their people.

The group wants the government to consider making travel bubble agreements with countries that have low or moderate levels of Covid-19 infections as the EU has launched Digital Green Pass, allowing people vaccinated against Covid-19 to travel more freely.

Mr Kalin said the government should also allow private companies to buy and distribute vaccines to their workers to speed up the process.

nnt.jpg

What does a vaccine passport have to do with "travel bubble agreements with countries that have low or moderate levels of Covid-19 infections?" Right now, the two countries that are far and away ahead in vaccinations are the US and the UK. Neither is "low or moderate level" of covid. Thailand is a country with low level Covid. It's also a country with only a miniscule number of vaccinations. And that number unlikely to change anytime soon. So who is going to be the other bubblehead that lets unvaccinated Thais into their country? Or the other way around?

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1

Lets say COVID is almost eradicated in the UK by about June or July which considering the progress of the vaccine rollout should be the case.

I received letters at my UK address weeks ago offering me a vaccine shot but of course I'm over here in Thailand so couldn't turn up to get it, never mind, I'm not even 50 yet so I'm hardly in the high risk groups.

Some areas in the UK are far ahead of others, it appears to be a bit of a lottery, for example where I come from - they're going to be done in just a few months.

When I say done I mean everyone over the age of 18 will have had the chance to have a shot - this is not far off and they are relentless in the roll out.

People who have been vaccinated for COVID will not jump through any hoops to go on holiday - they will go to places which accept it at face value. If you've been vaccinated there is no need for a test, special quarantine procedures on arrival, tests on arrival - additional insurance or any of that nonsense.

What they have here is a golden opportunity to kill the tourism industry stone cold dead for many years to come and it all depends on the entry requirements. It's going to be very interesting to see how they handle this over the next 2 to 3 years.

Make it a worldwide vaccine passport. Developed by WHO and IATA. Make it easier for travellers. Make it one standard for the whole world. Not every country it's own. Make it a passport with all vaccines from childhood till death. And hurry up. Stop talking and thinking. Act. The whole world is waiting to get back to normal.

Edited by Mops59

44 minutes ago, Mops59 said:

Make it a worldwide vaccine passport. Developed by WHO and IATA. Make it easier for travellers. Make it one standard for the whole world. Not every country it's own. Make it a passport with all vaccines from childhood till death. And hurry up. Stop talking and thinking. Act. The whole world is waiting to get back to normal.

What are you talking about? Official Yellow Vacination Books do exist for decades...better inform yourself befor writing such bs

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) has urged the government to speed up its decision on adopting a Covid-19 vaccine passport scheme to increase tourist arrivals

How about urging the actual vaccines for residents of Thailand.

3 hours ago, bermondburi said:

https://www.cntraveller.com/article/countries-open-vaccine-travel

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm of the belief that once other countries see how it isn't a problem to open up, it's pretty much going to be a scramble to do so. Where Thailand is in all this remains to be seen. 

In limbo as normal.

The rest of the world will be months ahead of Thailand in terms of inoculations.

The vaccines that did arrive the other week have been dished out to dubious people that seem to have a higher priority than others.

ie certain governors and their wives?????