Roof rain gutters at a reasonable cost

thaisail

Does anyone have a design for putting in rain gutters using PVC pipe which is a lot cheaper than the the ones they are selling at Global or Home Pro? The other issue I

have is that I will have to have scaffolding to up there to the roof to install the gutters. Or if anyone knows a company in the Chiang Khan, Loei area that can do this job at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Drone photo CK land.jpg

side view of house.jpg

Totally agree with guttering on roofs here in Thailand.. Simply provides heaps of water for the garden or other uses and saves buying it. Otherwise it is a waste and eventually floods the area around the house.. As in my case 2 years ago..

My local Do Home here in Udon Thani stock a reasonably priced metal range of guttering, an 8ft length is around 140B, they have the open ended & left and right drain holed sections, a bag of 10 mounting brackets are under 100B.

I put a couple of lengths of it on my shed roof, my house roof hasn't any fitted.

If you bought it I think any Thai handy man with a ladder would be able to install it without any problems.

Looking at the pictures iwould say during heavy rain a lot of water will come down

at the back of your house.

Light rain a gutter will be able to handle but heavy rain just forget it!

We had the same issue here and instead of a gutter we have a hedge planted and the

water falls into the hedge and the hedge makes sure it does not splatter every where.

The hedge is around 2 meters high and it works very good for us.

Unless you need to catch the water for later use this is the cheap and effective way to go.

The front you can install a gutter and maybe two large barrels near the poles to catch the water.

5 hours ago, Adiudon said:

My local Do Home here in Udon Thani stock a reasonably priced metal range of guttering, an 8ft length is around 140B, they have the open ended & left and right drain holed sections, a bag of 10 mounting brackets are under 100B.

I put a couple of lengths of it on my shed roof, my house roof hasn't any fitted.

If you bought it I think any Thai handy man with a ladder would be able to install it without any problems.

Thanks for that information. I wish I could find prices like that in Loei! I was driving by that store in Udon Thani on Valentine's Day with my wife. We spent the weekend at that hotel next to Central. I have calculated that I have 17 meters of gutters to put in the back of the house and 16 meters in the front of the house. How many mounting brackets will I need to buy? Also, the pipe that comes down to the ground will also be metal? I will be looking for some cheap water tanks to put the pipes into as well to save the water for the garden. The other option is to pipe the rainwater from the gutters into the pond! 

Just be aware there are degrees of thickness on that guttering, get the thinner one and you"ll be replacing it in a year or less. It will be peppered with holes and rotting.

As the old saying goes, "by cheap by twice".

When mine was done I paid for the thicker one having learned my lesson.

The brackets were placed around 18" intervals (3 to metre approx). We used the blue plastic downpipes and everything was spray painted to same color.

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Just be aware there are degrees of thickness on that guttering, get the thinner one and you"ll be replacing it in a year or less. It will be peppered with holes and rotting.

As the old saying goes, "by cheap by twice".

When mine was done I paid for the thicker one having learned my lesson.

The brackets were placed around 18" intervals (3 to metre approx). We used the blue plastic downpipes and everything was spray painted to same color.

You can also get stainless steel gutters for a reasonable amount 

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not the cheapest, but you can also SS of GA gutters roll-formed to length, so you need no seams. 

I think you have offered me the best solution. SS will last the longest and getting it custom fit would be perfect. The length in the back of the house will be in 2 sections. One will be 10 meters long and the 2nd one will be 8 meters long. In the front of the house I will need one piece that will be 16 meters long. I am wondering how they would deliver a 16 meter length of gutter! Since we are in Thailand it would probably be delivered with two motorbikes! Please can you let me know the name of a company that can provide these stainless steel gutters? Do you think they would install the gutters for me?

20210304_133354.jpg

20210304_133315.jpg

13 minutes ago, thaisail said:

I think you have offered me the best solution. SS will last the longest and getting it custom fit would be perfect. The length in the back of the house will be in 2 sections. One will be 10 meters long and the 2nd one will be 8 meters long. In the front of the house I will need one piece that will be 16 meters long. I am wondering how they would deliver a 16 meter length of gutter! Since we are in Thailand it would probably be delivered with two motorbikes! Please can you let me know the name of a company that can provide these stainless steel gutters? Do you think they would install the gutters for me?

20210304_133354.jpg

20210304_133315.jpg

They roll-form the gutter from coil, and they can do it at site, so it does not  need to be transported. The may do installation, I'm not sure. Contact this company:

1291371436_TMSRollform.JPG.1d99dc9eecfae38061b9cea710876653.JPG