Vasectomy

scubascuba3

I'm considering getting a vasectomy, I tried the PDA  (next to Cabbages and Condoms)1+ years ago but they wouldn't do it as I hadn't had 2 children already and my lies weren't good enough. Where else can I go? I'm happy going to a govt hospital, I'd prefer a place that is doing them all the time rather than they wheel me in for the monthly op. Any recent recommendation and cost? 

Pattaya, Bangkok, Rayong, Siracha, Sattahip all in range

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Should have asked them to install a tap.

I got done back in the early 90's, after 5 kids I thought our family was complete and I wouldn't want any more. Roll on the years and a divorce I met a few ladies who I could have had more kids with but none worked out. Now happily married to a granny, babies can be handed back to mum to be fed, changed, comforted :whistling:

Yes, be really, really sure!

Not sure when the taps came out, but do remember reading about them.....probably a week after the second vasectomy......similar story to you....four kids...no more....then she who must be obeyed demanded more!!!!

26 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Not sure when the taps came out, but do remember reading about them...

I was actually being flippant, but you know what they say about many a true word ...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13232-radio-controlled-sperm-tap-turns-off-vasectomies/

It's unclear whether these ever became a thing, but I don't see any further articles so maybe there were insurmountable issues.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

I was actually being flippant, but you know what they say about many a true word ...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13232-radio-controlled-sperm-tap-turns-off-vasectomies/

It's unclear whether these ever became a thing, but I don't see any further articles so maybe there were insurmountable issues.

Ha...no...I do remember reading about them...in silver or gold.....a NY hospital was trialling them......didn't realize you thought you were just joking....5555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

Did not realise Thais would be against it. It was one of the first things I had done after the first wife died. Made life a lot easier without the worry of siring a child that you did not want. Back home you had the choice of day surgery or a operation with anesthetic.

Had locals for both vasectomies......still found it very "uncomfortable" during the op.

I remember the first time thinking...thank god he's finished......then it dawned on me.....oh no he's only done one side....arrgghhh!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I called the PDA to see if they still had the strict rules and yes they still do, also they charge 5k now.  Samitivej and Bumrungrad both quote from 25k..

Got mine done at the Buriram hospital by my Urologist, set me back 2K. But 3 hours of bureaucracy and waiting... The mazing thing about the procedure is that they don't make stitches and you can't see any scars after 48 hours.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I called the PDA to see if they still had the strict rules and yes they still do, also they charge 5k now.  Samitivej and Bumrungrad both quote from 25k..

How do the strict rules work?  I'm 60 and have one 6-year-old child.  We certainly don't plan on having any more, but my wife is only 31 and quite fertile.  Does this make me acceptable for the snip?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jvs said:

You are a brave man!

Quite.....more than happy to have a general for everything that might cause me pain....manicure, pedicure.....you name it.

Last op I had, I asked the nurse to let me have just a tiny dose of the general to see what happens.....she asked the surgeon and he said yep. Wow....instantaneous blast.....can't workout how it acts so fast.....stayed awake for about 30 seconds then she put the rest in....gone.....although the surgeon said I held a conversation with him halfway through the op?????

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Quite.....more than happy to have a general for everything that might cause me pain....manicure, pedicure.....you name it.

Had mine done in Oz..... in the late 80s, really no pain whatsoever ---and since then the general has got so much better, I had a hip replacement 4 months ago in Issan while awake.....saw through the bone and stick another hip on...again with today's General -there is just no pain.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Presumably he had a spinal anesthetic. Possible to do.

Yes thanks Sheryl---I always get that mixed up general anaesthetic is when they put you to sleep..... I meant the stay away with pain killing --was easy both in the 80s for Vac & for the hip 4 months ago..........:laugh:

49 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

How do the strict rules work?  I'm 60 and have one 6-year-old child.  We certainly don't plan on having any more, but my wife is only 31 and quite fertile.  Does this make me acceptable for the snip?

They insist on two kids plus want proof, photos, birth certificate. Apparently they weren't this strict a couple years ago. That's the PDA, I'm hoping to find a place that just allows you to decide

• Like 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

Felt faint just reading that.....555

Sorry Surelynot------ another Brain explosion ---maybe I can get that fixed with just pain killers.....:w00t:

But honestly mate there really was very little pain for the Vac..... and thats coming from a guy who doesn't sleep if he has a dentist appointment the next day.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Total overkill.

Agreed.

I'm not suggesting the OP did it himself, but for a saving of 25k+ baht? Worth considering.?!

So if he don't want to do it himself; then how? Plenty of places around these parts. I think 2k top whack.