Vasectomy

scubascuba3

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Indeed!

One has to be careful. Wouldn't want 'chunks of tube' removed.

Ha ...misunderstanding......you don't need to tie knots.....you can just cut a chunk out.....slightly riskier...sperm can 'jump' the gap or the tubes can rejoin..or so I was led to believe. 

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Ha ...misunderstanding......you don't need to tie knots.....you can just cut a chunk out.....slightly riskier...sperm can 'jump' the gap or the tubes can rejoin..or so I was led to believe. 

This is interesting.

I didn't know that sperm can 'jump' the gap. Prefer the knot method myself. Superglue? Have to research that before I can recommend using glue though. I'll have a look on YT.

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

This is interesting.

I didn't know that sperm can 'jump' the gap. Prefer the knot method myself. Superglue? Have to research that before I can recommend using glue though. I'll have a look on YT.

I imagine 'jumping' the gap is time limited...maybe to the first few days or weeks......I could be making all this up as I had my op's late mid 80's and it is just what I recall people saying at the time.

The advantage of the knot, I guess, is a better chance of a reversal being successful?

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've just found this

IMG_20210307_193018.jpg

That's really interesting; thanks for posting.  It seems, as a 60 year old man with a 31 year old wife and a 6 year old kid, I'm ineligible for getting at PDA.  I also have moderately high BP, so that could be an issue too.

Presumably if I'm prepared to pay, there won't be any problems in getting it done at a hospital like Bumrungrad, BNA or Sukhumvit?

If I had gone ahead with the planned vasectomy after the birth of my second child with my late wife, I would  never have had my beautiful and  talented Brit/Thai daughter with my second wife.  Think very carefully.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

If I had gone ahead with the planned vasectomy after the birth of my second child with my late wife, I would  never have had my beautiful and  talented Brit/Thai daughter with my second wife.  Think very carefully.    

If hadn't gone ahead with a reversal I wouldn't have had a 4th beautiful, intelligent, head-strong daughter and grandson......agree.....be careful!

• Like 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

If hadn't gone ahead with a reversal I wouldn't have had a 4th beautiful, intelligent, head-strong daughter and grandson......agree.....be careful!

Four daughters?  Respect mate, 2 was enough for me.  I love them dearly but boy, have they been a worry. 

21 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Four daughters?  Respect mate, 2 was enough for me.  I love them dearly but boy, have they been a worry. 

ßloody expensive......also have a boy....he has never asked for a penny in his life (all kids in their 30's)....girls have slowly drained my bank account.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

ßloody expensive......also have a boy....he has never asked for a penny in his life (all kids in there 30's)....girls have slowly drained my bank account.

Its what they are born to do. 

• Haha 2

On 3/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, Surelynot said:

As one of the barmaids on soi 11 told me last night.......full of vitamin D

Ah, there is a difference between semen and sperm. A vasectomy only eliminates the sperm, not the skin creme. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Pattaya International, forget the doctors name he is about 90 not out been there forever he has done 1000s of them very good service, just walk in he do ya then and there if you wish or make an appointment.

how much?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

a ) Some people are married or in a stable relationship;

b) Vasectomy allows intramarital sex without any worry of unwanted pregnancy;

c) Vasectomy is an amazingly simple and safe procedure, especially when compared to tubal ligation ;

d) The choice becomes really a no brainer when an older guy is married to a 30 years younger girl, who might want to have a life "after"...

e) Condoms enable STD free, or nearly free, extramarital sex;

f) Some people may use other means to protect themselves against STD such as PREP and antibiotics for extramarital sex and therefore resort to vasectomy to avoid having unwanted children all over the world.

Hope this gave you some food for thought.

The only woman in Thailand I have sex with sans condom is my GF, and she had her tubes tied after her only pregnancy with a departed Thai husband.

I'd take issue with (b), some couples have been surprised by a pregnancy after a vasectomy. And it wasn't the milkman.

Apparently there is a strain of super gonorrhea circulating in Pattaya that laughs at antibiotics.

No disagreement with (f), nothing worse than a child that feels unwanted and unloved. Some of history's worst tyrants have come from those origins.

Perhaps that is food for thought as well.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:13 PM, Sheryl said:

There is no place that is doing them all the time other than PDA. PDA does the overwhelming majority of vasectomies in Thailand.

A government hospital will be at least as struct as PDA if they even offer it so scratch that.

Even at a private hospital you may find doctor reluctant, but you can try.  This western-trained urologist at Bumrungrad does them and would be the best to try.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Charuspong-Dissaranan

so wrong ! Bamrungrat does it without questions, but of course it's expensive.

Edited by adexbe

On 3/7/2021 at 11:24 AM, Surelynot said:

A word from the stupid.....make sure you are 110% sure....100% is not good enough.

I had a vasectomy then a reversal then another vasectomy ........the reversal was successful, but not something I would want to go through again.

Somebody doing vasectomy without being sure must be very stupid no ?

2 minutes ago, adexbe said:

Somebody doing vasectomy without being sure must be very stupid no ?

I rest my case.....my only defense was, at the time, my wife was very sure.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Individual experiences vary greatly, the method applied and skill of the surgeon being of course factors of high relevance.

For some it is like a walk in the (ball)park.

Others can barely walk for 3 weeks with a sensitive black&blue watermelon between their legs.

yes but it's usually just BS !

I have read so many messages about gastroscopy (camera in stomach) from supposed men who actually were just little girls.

I had it without sleeping, and it was nothing, as always.

I still wonder how some men can look at them in the mirror and think that they are men.

Same as Thai "men" scared by chihuahuas in the street...

• Like 1

Vasectomy.  No big deal.   Is much worse going to Dentist.   Options are Sperm bank , reversal, or finished with kids.

Is not a big deal.  We make it a big deal, but years after you will wonder what all the commotion was about.

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, Pilotman said:

I'll be 61 this year; I don't there's much risk of me wanting another kid.  

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 10:10 AM, Eaglekott said:

Doesn't eating red meat increase the risk as well?  

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16492907/

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 9:21 AM, Scheduler said:

I have not left stray pups along the way that struggle to survive.

just wanted to say thank you. If all so-called men were thinking at least a minute before "firing in all directions" our world would be a much better place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

As I understand it there is no scientific evidence that eating red meat causes cancer (there is just many "it might", and "maybe it can" give higher risk), and for prostatic cancer it's only black men that eat a lot of red meat that seams to have a slightly higher risk to get it but very far away from 15%.

Ejaculating is a good way to lower the risk of prostatic cancer. People who ejaculated more than 21 times per month has a 31% lower risk of prostatic cancer than men ejaculated 4-7 times per month.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/ejaculation_frequency_and_prostate_cancer

Presumably having a vasectomy doesn't prevent one from ejaculating regularly?  

• Haha 1