Help. Non-O Volunteer Visa

Hi

I am currently on a Non-O visa (3 month) obtained through a visa agency. We looked at flights home, however were advised that quarantine facilities were full and travel before May was not possible. We're fine with staying here. We contacted our Consular Advisor who advised there was no need to use an agency instead to go to Immigration & apply for covid extension. I've since been advised by a fb group facilitator (visa) that the means by which I have obtained the visa is fake & unravelling it could be frowned upon in the eyes of Immigration. Our visa expires in 15 days & to extend it would be 35k it seems a lot given we don't know if we want to stay here that long. 

Can anyone suggest helpful suggestions as to how we might be able to navigate our way through this? 

Just go to immigration and make the application. What are you afraid is going to happen? The worst thing is they'll decline the application and if they do you can get those Covid-19 extensions through an agency although they're three times the price of the standard route.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where are you living now. Which immigration office would you be dealing with.

Where was your non O issued. It will be shown in passport. A guess would be KK.

Chiang Mai. It was issued in Pattaya as it was the most affordable option. 

5 minutes ago, Trap25 said:

Chiang Mai. It was issued in Pattaya as it was the most affordable option. 

Personally, I would obtain a TM30 for where your staying at in CM and just apply for a covid extension. 

2 minutes ago, Trap25 said:

Ok, thank you. I will try that. 

The point of the TM30 is that you need to apply for extension where your living.

BTW when you state stamp issued in Pattaya you might mean that you dealt with agent in Pattaya. That does not mean stamp issued there. Does not matter. 

On 3/4/2021 at 4:47 PM, DrJack54 said:

The point of the TM30 is that you need to apply for extension where your living.

BTW when you state stamp issued in Pattaya you might mean that you dealt with agent in Pattaya. That does not mean stamp issued there. Does not matter. 

I received my tm30 & filled in application & all forms. When we took it in we were advised that the foundation of the organisation needed to submit forms. I contacted the agency we obtained our non o from & this was the response. 

You cannot cancel the visa, in fact even you we're able to cancel this visa you won't have any visa.

First of all I want to mention that this has nothing to do with our company or the visa.
This is just an immigration policy that came into effect after your visa was issued.
All visas from all agents are the same and unfortunately we cannot do anything about this also. 

Any thoughts where to go from here?

Archived