Appointment for extension ?

today I went to my immigration, to ask which documents I have to produce ( retired non O visa extension ) ; same than last year, but the officer, who speaks English 

very fast and doesn't like to be interrupted spoke of " appointment " ; does she mean appointment for the extension ?  I didn't understand what she said 

we can still do it one month before the end of extension ? 

thanks 

Prachin buri 

but I think she means that when I enter the office, I have to take a ticket for the queue ( as usual ) 

that's what she means by " appointment " 

maybe it's me who didn't understand 

4 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Prachin buri 

but I think she means that when I enter the office, I have to take a ticket for the queue ( as usual ) 

that's what she means by " appointment " 

maybe it's me who didn't understand 

Makes sense. What threw me was the word appointment. 

Not that long ago Bangkok immigration CW commenced an online appointment system. Works a treat. Maybe other immigration offices might provide in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my extension yesterday, took  a ticket for the queue as usual ; it's not an "appointment " in my point of view  ; the only change is that I have to bring a copy of the yellow paper ( 90 days ) that they put in the passport : don't really know what is the use of this copy 

and also, 2 pictures of me in front of the house ( the two storeys if any must be seen ) and one in the kitchen 

even in the case of "retirement ", they want the spouse/girlfriend come, too ( she had some papers to sign with me, even if I am the only one  concerned: very hard bureaucraty in Thailand , it's one of the very few things I don't like here

because it's a province where there are very few westerners ( most are immigrants ) , everything is written in Thai , and apart the boss, I wonder what is the level of English of the other staffs : here, in everyday life, you have to speak , understand and read Thai if you want to be autonaumous

17 minutes ago, Aforek said:

even in the case of "retirement ", they want the spouse/girlfriend come, too ( she had some papers to sign with me, even if I am the only one  concerned:

Never ever heard of that. If your obtaining extension based on retirement what does my wife and girlfriends have to do with it. Yes can understand wife need to be there if changing from based on marriage to based on retirement, but certainly not for ongoing extensions based on retirement.

I know , but this immigration is , for me, very bad, the boss is not nice

Two years ago, she  refused to change my O-A visa in  non O, I had to go to Laos; I had no letter from my embassy, so I got a tourist visa ; then, back to immigration, she refused to change my tourist visa in non O visa ; I had to come back to Laos 

Prachinburi is  a nice province to live, but immigration ( just because of this woman ) is not nice, and do you know,  they don't even know " 90 days on line " ?

before, I depended of Hua hin immigration and yes, for retirement, they didn't ask presence of my GF ; but what can we do ? it's  I.O who decide ! accept or leave !

3 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Two years ago, she  refused to change my O-A visa in  non O, I had to go to Laos

First up she "cannot change your non O-A visa to a non O. Then having entered on a tourist and not being able to obtain a non O is strange. However also strange that you did not just re-enter visa exempt (unless that's not possible).

Perhaps the non o was not issued due to you overlooking something else.

14 minutes ago, Aforek said:

before, I depended of Hua hin immigration and yes, for retirement, they didn't ask presence of my GF ; but what can we do ? it's  I.O who decide ! accept or leave

So let's be crystal clear. Your saying that at your current immigration office that for extension based on retirement you need your girlfriend to accompany you?? Nup!

What if I have a boyfriend or pen pal.

Archived