SSD upgrade but no noticeable improvement

giddyup

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

That's what I have. Sorry, I just abbreviated it. What I find slow on qBittorrent is not the downloads, but when I have to open the Destination Folder so I can transfer the file onto a USB stick.

Download to pc first then transfer afterwards to flash drive.....:thumbsup:

Just now, KannikaP said:

Storage of what? You already said that the 500GB WD is more than enough.

It's like keeping your old tyres, for WHAT?

Not quite, old tires are usually worn out, is the hard drive? Maybe I just hate to see usable things go into landfill.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Already said I tried turning off qBittorrent, no noticeable difference, but I'm not sure where to look in Task Manager for usage.

CONTROL, ALT, DEL opens Task Manager.

Just now, giddyup said:

Not quite, old tires are usually worn out, is the hard drive? Maybe I just hate to see usable things go into landfill.

OK, give it to the local school so that they can then have a slow computer.

• Sad 1

Just now, petermik said:

Download to pc first then transfer afterwards to flash drive.....:thumbsup:

It's already been downloaded into qBittorrent, but the file has to be opened before it can be transferred to a stick.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Already said I tried turning off qBittorrent, no noticeable difference, but I'm not sure where to look in Task Manager for usage.

The question is if your browser tabs are opening faster (access to web sites) with the torrent off.  If it had been pulling full bandwidth it would have slowed that down.

As for the removed HDD just keep it as it contains good backup of everything so if you ever need you could get from it.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Look under the Performance tab. Looks like this:

windows-8-task-manager-performance-tab.p

Best would be if you posted a screenshot of yours.

Edited by eisfeld

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sorry, but done with upgrades to the Lenovo, already more than 5 years old, won't last forever.

Mine is nine years older. You just create problems in your mind and then act as if they are reality.

If you don't want to increase the RAM then consider a clean install or spend a longer time weeding all the bad stuff out of your system.

• Thanks 1

PC seems to age quickly, 2 years in less than 2 months.

image.png.31b21b2d33f538686b70ba9358e5aa7b.png

I have a friend whose car engine blew up, but I see every day thousands of cars on the road that are still running.

OP shows his real colours again, asking for advice then ignoring, so he can start a new complain thread next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like something is causing quite a bit of CPU usage. In the processes tab you should be able to spot what. Should the computer be idle (nothing really running)?

You mention the monitor maybe failing and then you'd buy a new PC. But I thought this is not a laptop so monitor and computer should be independent.

Just now, eisfeld said:

Seems like something is causing quite a bit of CPU usage. In the processes tab you should be able to spot what. Should the computer be idle (nothing really running)?

You mention the monitor maybe failing and then you'd buy a new PC. But I thought this is not a laptop so monitor and computer should be independent.

All in One.

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

It's an All In One, common as dirt now.

So because your friend's monitor 'went' you think the same will happen to yours? Even though it hasn't.

As I said, you create it in your mind and then make yourself suffer for it. You buy AIO when you know that if the monitor goes that you will have to scrap it. But you won't bring it up to speed in case it breaks. Five years old is almost new in my world and I have never had a monitor conk out.

But you have decided it will.

• Like 1