Relaxing COVID-19 Control Measures

snoop1130

Cover-Website-V1logo-1200x628-No-1.jpg

BANGKOK, March 4 (TNA) – COVID-19 control measures will be relaxed for the Songkran festival next month and normal laws can replace the state of emergency law when it comes to disease control in the next few months, according to the secretary-general of the National Security Council.

NSC secretary-general Gen Natthapon Nakpanich said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha ordered the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration to work out suitable disease control measures for the Songkran festival and the Public Health Ministry was considering them.

The measures would be clearly known mid this month along with quarantine relaxation for arrivals for the Songkran festival, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-648511

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-03-04

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Cover-Website-V1logo-1200x628-No-1.jpg

BANGKOK, March 4 (TNA) – COVID-19 control measures will be relaxed for the Songkran festival next month and normal laws can replace the state of emergency law when it comes to disease control in the next few months, according to the secretary-general of the National Security Council.

NSC secretary-general Gen Natthapon Nakpanich said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha ordered the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration to work out suitable disease control measures for the Songkran festival and the Public Health Ministry was considering them.

The measures would be clearly known mid this month along with quarantine relaxation for arrivals for the Songkran festival, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-648511

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-03-04

That would be the best news of all for we travellers wanting to come to Thailand, along with relaxing testing for those of us vaccinated!

I don't often look at https://tna.mcot.net/  - is it considered reliable? Is Gen Natthapon Nakpanich enough of an authority for us to take note, or is he just another "commentator"?

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

That would be the best news of all for we travellers wanting to come to Thailand, along with relaxing testing for those of us vaccinated!

I don't often look at https://tna.mcot.net/  - is it considered reliable? Is Gen Natthapon Nakpanich enough of an authority for us to take note, or is he just another "commentator"?

I wouldn`t put my money on it as they all seem to express their thoughts in the media before they`ve discussed it internally, and especially not now considering Europe and the US is being hit by a 3rd wave. At best there might be some relaxation on some Asian countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HOAX said:

I wouldn`t put my money on it as they all seem to express their thoughts in the media before they`ve discussed it internally, and especially not now considering Europe and the US is being hit by a 3rd wave. At best there might be some relaxation on some Asian countries.

Sadly, you are probably right.

I do so wish they'd "engage brain, before operating tongue" but it seems their precious egos require them to have a say regardless.

Of course, we may both be proven wrong....said the optimist! ????

• Thanks 1

Two digits of daily new Covid-19 cases would continue and normal laws could replace the imposition of the executive decree on public administration in emergency situations in a few months, the NSC secretary-general said.

So they are only going to report double digit cases from now on?

22 minutes ago, VBF said:

Anyone who comments on the situation is just as reliable as my pet unicorn being on tme for dinner tonight

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

Sadly, you are probably right.

I do so wish they'd "engage brain, before operating tongue" but it seems their precious egos require them to have a say regardless.

Of course, we may both be proven wrong....said the optimist! ????

Hopefully it gets better soon, but probably not this year, at least not until the 3rd wave is over and most people have become vaccinated by the end of the year or beginning of next year. I was suppose to go back to Norway last year, but I can`t be bothered with all the hassle of information here and there and all the expenses and whatnot woowoo, and risking not getting back into Thailand.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Time for some splash for cash, lets unwind all the regulations then, and just throw caution to the wind.  Party time and no restrictions, sounds like the CCSA will be playing this one for their pocket books.

Whether this would be the right move or the wrong move is a highly debatable topic. 

Pros - seeing the tourism sector start to recover. Easier travel for those who wish to travel to Thailand and for those who’s work requires frequent travel. 

Cons - the obvious elevated risk of a Covid-19 outbreak.

How much would the risk of a covid-19 outbreak be elevated if ALL people (including Thai’s) had to have a Covid-19 test before travelling?

Given the current situation I don’t think anyone would object to taking a Covid-19 before traveling to Thailand if it meant no quarantine. 

Such a situation would work perfectly for someone like myself who has travelled from Thailand, quarantined, remained in a ‘quarantine / isolation bubble’ only to have to travel back to Thailand and quarantine again for two weeks.

3 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

Don't reax any preventure measurements ,AND STOP SMOKING, SMOKERS HAVE A 505 higher mortality risk to die from COVID 19 than non-smokers, its proven, just GOOGLE, WILLYA

Quite the opposite, smokers were under represented in the NY 'serious COVID' cases based on something I read.

They were puzzled. Same thing happened in 2003 with SARSv1 as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Whether this would be the right move or the wrong move is a highly debatable topic. 

Pros - seeing the tourism sector start to recover. Easier travel for those who wish to travel to Thailand and for those who’s work requires frequent travel. 

Cons - the obvious elevated risk of a Covid-19 outbreak.

How much would the risk of a covid-19 outbreak be elevated if ALL people (including Thai’s) had to have a Covid-19 test before travelling?

Given the current situation I don’t think anyone would object to taking a Covid-19 before traveling to Thailand if it meant no quarantine. 

Such a situation would work perfectly for someone like myself who has travelled from Thailand, quarantined, remained in a ‘quarantine / isolation bubble’ only to have to travel back to Thailand and quarantine again for two weeks.

Please read my new post in the Covid19 thread regarding my Thai wife returning next week on a special TG flight.

She MUST have a negative COV19 test before checking in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stubuzz said:

So they are only going to report double digit cases from now on?

That seems to be the case as there is NO apparent testing. 100 Covid+ at a factory in Samut Sakhon adds 100 to those double digits.

Meanwhile, in the US, EU & Brasil--countries which, wait for it, actually have vaccines--Covid is surging again.

The ostrich approach by Prayuth & Co will not end well. Covis is not a fire which can be put out with Songkran water.

On 3/4/2021 at 6:35 PM, VBF said:

Commentator?? You mean another general with a Military Academy education playing at being a politician.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Commentator?? You mean another general with a Military Academy education playing at being a politician.

I was being polite.....and avoiding the attentions of our illustrious and ever-diligent Mods....damn - I've gone and done it now! ????

• Haha 1