Labour Ministry considers vaccination of foreign migrant workers covered by social security scheme

snoop1130

Labour Ministry considers vaccination of foreign migrant workers covered by social security scheme

EA90C29C-3AD9-4BBA-9C1E-67E467DF3EB9.jpeg

File Image

The Thai Ministry of Labour will discuss, with the Social Security Board, the possibility of procuring COVID-19 vaccines to inoculate over 2.3 million migrant workers covered by the social security scheme.

Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin said today (Thursday) that, if the Social Security Board agrees with this idea, the Labour Ministry will be able to proceed with procuring the vaccines, at an estimated cost of about three billion baht, to be administered to migrant workers who make contributions to the Social Security Fund.

Migrant manual labour is vital to Thai industries and the economy and, therefore, they should not be left out of thevaccination program, said the minister.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/labour-ministry-considers-vaccination-of-foreign-migrant-workers-covered-by-social-security-scheme/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-03-04

32 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

They should be required to have it and required to pay for it IMO. If they refuse, send them home and give their jobs to someone who wants to comply.

Hundreds of better ways to spend taxpayers money. 

It is not tax payer's money. They are considering to only give it to migrants who pay social security. It will probably come from that fund.

Interesting thought.

I pay social security.

I pay income tax.

I pay company tax.

Am I a 'migrant worker' in this scheme?

PS I am happy to pay for my own vaccine but the government are currently stopping me from buying one.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

And only a few days ago Anutin was saying all foreigners will also get vaccinated. Looks like he meant SOME foreigners.

But ..... was to be expected. TIT. Of course, next week everything could change again.

It's going to come down to money, then the poor migrants will be left in the cold and become Super-spreaders because they will be left out of what should be a Public Health Emergency.  Does the Thai Public Health Minister have any background or a post-graduate degree or PhD in Public Health Administration prior to being appointed to his position?  No. :dry:

This whole dog and pony show was staged as a world-wide exercise in vaccinations for EVERYONE in order to achieve herd immunity in order to save humanity from certain Death!!!.  How noble?  The vaccine manufacturers "say" they will provide the vaccines "at cost" but what the hell good is that if the Thai hospitals jack that "at cost" price up by multiples in order to make a profit on a declared "Public Health Emergency!" 
Explain the morality as well as the legality to me?   I'm really interested.  

So, if you're going to vaccinate primarily the privileged and kick the non-privileged in the ass and to the side of the curb and tell them to just die?  "You're just a dirty foreigner.  Go to hell."
Where's that lead?  Really?

If this was really about a global effort to Stamp Out The Deadly World Killing Covid Pandemic then the vaccinations would be at cost world-wide and in freaking Thailand too.  But when it becomes an exercise in creating fear and panic in the population and then gouging foreigners and migrants as well as elite Thai for 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x or more for vaccines as compared to the prices in the West and thus creating artificial scarcity thus jacking the price up even more?  - and if the migrants can't pay? Or the foreigners  balk at paying a price that is clearly predatory?  Then it's all an exercise in absolute bulls**t hypocrisy.  TIT.  Welcome to Thailand folks.
And I believe THAT is actually the true situation.  But?  Feel free to change my mind.

Edited by connda

2 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

If these FOOLS think they can save anybody from Covid without vaccinating everybody, all of us are in for some rough justice.

Sweet Jesus.  How did the human race survive pre-vaccination.   Dwell on that for awhile - then dismiss it and go back to watching TV.