Is it buffering?

Gandtee

I stream BBC World news and cricket via Filmon. BBC News repeatedly reloads every few seconds as if the tape is restarting. The cricket on Channel 4 via Filmon stops every few seconds and resumes after a few seconds. Is this buffering or something attributable to my PC?  CNN on Filmon does not have these problems. Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I stream BBC World news and cricket via Filmon. BBC News repeatedly reloads every few seconds as if the tape is restarting. The cricket on Channel 4 via Filmon stops every few seconds and resumes after a few seconds. Is this buffering or something attributable to my PC?  CNN on Filmon does not have these problems. Any suggestions?

You just answered yourself by saying CNN does not have those problems. Clearly not your hardware causing it. 

I guess that your connection to whichever server from which you are streaming that content is not good enough for streaming on real time at such high resolution. Think about it, you may have 500 MB/S download speed, but that is only to servers inside of Thailand. It will vary greatly to any other server around the world depending on where it is located. And not only the download speed, ping time and packet loss are important factors as well. 

Some options which you have to try and correct this constant buffering: 

1. Stream the BBC from another service in which you may have better connection to their server. 

2. Lower the quality of the video. 

3. Set a way higher buffer time, so that it won't have to be buffering all the time.

Edited by ctxa
  • Like 1