Thailand plans to allow foreign tourists to quarantine in resorts

snoop1130

On 3/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thailand plans to allow foreign tourists to quarantine in resorts

This is all about making money by using the "Covid" situation to predate on foreigners.
Long-stay foreigners could quarantine at home or in their residence.  But!  No.  Prey on the foreigners and squeeze as much money as you can out of them. Even men with family.  And retirees with condos or homes. 

Thailand is making it's bed long-term.  When they lose significant market share of tourism to other more adaptable countries - and they will - it will be their own short-sighted faults.  They'll just blame the foreigners. 
"Foreigners Stupid People.  They no good.  Not smart.  Come to Thailand.  We take good care of rich foreigner with money maak maak."  Well's there's the problem Somchai.  If you took Economics in University you didn't pay attention to the course material. 
Freaking idiots are going to decimate their tourist industry.  They already have.  It's just about how much worst they can <deleted> it up.  Oh well.  Really.  Who cares.  It ain't my problem.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Thailand continuing to stick to 15 overpriced nights will be so far off the radar of any tourist in a few months it will be quite funny

For most European tourists at least, it's already off the radar for this summer, because generally people still book holidays a few months in advance, so the money has already been spent in bookings for these European destinations, that are expected to open in a few months time, with no quarantine and no testing for vaccinated, and just testing for unvaccinated.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Tourists would be quarantined for two weeks but if they test negative after three days they will be allowed out of their rooms in the hotel area, before travelling to other parts of the country, Phiphat said.

But what will prevent tourists who test negative after 3 days, coming into contact with tourists who just arrive and haven't been tested yet? Then off they go to other parts of the country potentially spreading the virus.

When, when, when?  Details, details, detail...

Come on, who writes this stuff?  Maybe a few Journalism classes in school would help.

Journalism 101 - The 5 W's & H.  Who, What, Where, When, Why & How

Sorry, but this type of "report" only creates frustration.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sead said:

Ok. So now we are actually heading somewhere. If I can choose my place to stay then I'm soon of to Thailand 

yes provided you do want to to ever share your room/bed with another person.. Imagine 2 weeks in Pattaya with no access to the world outside the hotel grounds and no chance of meeting someone that instantly falls in love with you but you cannot bring them back to the hotel.... no thank you ...I don’t go to Thailand to be alone !

13 hours ago, madmen said:

Snowbirds that stay 3 to 6months 

and migrate south during the winter in the northern hemisphere.  that train left for 2021...

No Australians will come either, because they can not get back home easily...

So, who is left for 2021

Backpacker (students) who don't have the cash to afford a quarantine hotel

Foreigners who have family in Thailand and want to return

Foreigners who want to retire in Thailand and stay there

no actual tourism going on 

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sadly a vaccine doesn't stop you from catching or spreading COVID.

So a vaccinated but infected foreigner could still infect all those around him/her.

actually they seem to stop the spreading of the virus, according to a few studies done in Israel

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

Sadly a vaccine doesn't stop you from catching or spreading COVID.

So a vaccinated but infected foreigner could still infect all those around him/her.

So we have a vaccine that does stop us from catching or spreading it 

Drinking Beer offers the same protection.

I opt for that instead.

I am in the UK looks like both Greece and Spain will lift restrictions to those of us who are vaccinated against Covid.   When will it happen in Thailand? I am looking forward to travelling there and will stay a few months. 

On 3/5/2021 at 4:58 PM, terryofcrete said:

yes provided you do want to to ever share your room/bed with another person.. Imagine 2 weeks in Pattaya with no access to the world outside the hotel grounds and no chance of meeting someone that instantly falls in love with you but you cannot bring them back to the hotel.... no thank you ...I don’t go to Thailand to be alone !

Lol. If its about that then I wouldn't. But I'm now 9 years in Thailand and have my gf and are making a house.. I haven't been in Thailand for 15 months now, and just been working so I need 2 months vacation. 

• Like 1

While this is a move in the right direction, it hardly is going to create a huge surge in true "tourism"  People come to Thailand to see a variety of areas and attractions.  Not just be confined to their resort.  I suppose if the resort included a golf course and you were allowed to golf that it "may" be attractive to those who wish to come to Thailand to golf.  

This seems to me to be a case where the government is essentially guilty of  perpetrating Munchausen by Proxy on the economy.  Munchausen syndrome is where a person perpetrates harm on a "loved one" and then rushes in to help and save the person.  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 7:44 AM, tigerfeet said:

I have a family member works as a electrician in a hotel in Bangkok he tells me they are all struggling and nobody is taking up the offers .

Must  be true soo ????????

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:34 PM, Pj2738 said:

Tourists would be quarantined for two weeks but if they test negative after three days they will be allowed out of their rooms in the hotel area, before travelling to other parts of the country, Phiphat said.

But what will prevent tourists who test negative after 3 days, coming into contact with tourists who just arrive and haven't been tested yet? Then off they go to other parts of the country potentially spreading the virus.

Plus contact with numerous hotel staff.

Ho Hum.....more of same same. Propose this - propose that. Thailand needs to remember that "Tourists" are required to Quarantine when they return to their own countries as well.....as long as there are flights....which there are not many direct flights. So....most Tourist will still not travel to Thailand. Then, if the Vaccine Passport becomes compulsory - there will be even less returning to Thailand.

Vaccines are not for everyone.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 2:21 AM, Watertoy said:

Ho Hum.....more of same same. Propose this - propose that. Thailand needs to remember that "Tourists" are required to Quarantine when they return to their own countries as well.....as long as there are flights....which there are not many direct flights. So....most Tourist will still not travel to Thailand. Then, if the Vaccine Passport becomes compulsory - there will be even less returning to Thailand.

Vaccines are not for everyone.

IMO, vaccines will be required to travel worldwide, not just to Thailand.

Personally I see it as a choice: get vaccinated and be free to travel, don't and stay at home - what's the problem....unless you're a conspiracy theorist of course?

I have a friend who is such a theorist and I told her in no uncertain terms that while I'm away enjoying life, she's welcome to skulk at home being bored - more room on the aircraft for me!