Ivermectin

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2021 at 1:22 AM, WashingUpagain said:

Brilliant, thank you so much for the reply, I'll pass the info on and also buy some myself once I get over there...

I hope you are not expecting it to help with covid-19???

See below from MIMS (MIMS, or the Monthly Index of Medical Specialities, is the essential prescribing reference for general practice. MIMS has been providing healthcare professionals with information on prescription medicines since 1959)........

The anthelmintic agent ivermectin, tested in the EPIC* trial of 476 patients, did not significantly shorten symptom duration in adults with mild COVID-19.

Ivermectin is widely seen as a potential treatment for COVID-19 despite uncertainty about its clinical benefit. But in this double-blind randomized controlled trial, the duration of symptoms was not significantly different for patients treated with a 5-day course of ivermectin vs placebo (median time to resolution of symptoms, 10 vs 12 days; hazard ratio [HR] for resolution of symptoms, 1.07). [JAMA. 2021;325:1426-1435]

Interest in ivermectin has snowballed after the release of two publications in 2020: a preprint study that has since been taken down, and an in vitro study that never progressed to clinical trials. [Antiviral Res 2020 Jun;178:104787]

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Concerning Ivermectin, my position is the same as the medical community: more clinical trials are required to determine safety, efficacy and the appropriate dosage. The same for any other medical “cure” touted by a handful of doctors.

We went through this last year with hydroxychlroroquine (HCQ), some doctors swore it was effective, but clinical trials determined it was not. There was one big trial in Michigan that claimed HCQ worked, but it turned out that they were adding a steroid to the medications given out, and it was the steroid that was helping the patients. So, the big clinical trial was a mess.

If you want to read more about fake cures, check out Forsythia, this has all happened before.

Dr Stephen Karanja a doctor in Kenya who advised citizens against getting vaccinated has died from coronavirus.

Karanja remained staunch the current global rollout of the fast-tracked vaccine was "totally unnecessary, making the motivation suspect".

He instead endorsed alternative treatments for Covid-19, including hydroxychloroquine and the hotly-debated Ivermectin.

"There are drugs that have been repurposed and used effectively to treat Covid-19," he said in a March statement.

"We advise that a Covid-19 vaccine is unnecessary and should not be given. We appeal to all the people of Kenya to avoid taking it."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-doctor-dies-after-declaring-vaccine-unnecessary/Z3LNYBRD4FPM4L5QTZIW36TFMA/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some posts with links to unapproved social media sources have been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.