Two Miss Grand International beauty contestants found infected with COVID-19

webfact

Two Miss Grand International beauty contestants found infected with COVID-19

Miss-grand-int.jpg

Two beauty queens, from Nigeria and Kenya, who are in Thailand for the Miss Grand International (MGI) beauty pageant, have tested positive for COVID-19 and are now being treated at Piyavate Hospital in Bangkok.

The Facebook page of the pageant organizing committee reported today that all the contestants were required to undergo swab tests and be quarantined in hotels for 14 days and the contestants from Nigeria and Kenya were the only ones infected.

The committee also said that the hotel used as the quarantine facility for the beauty queens has been disinfected.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-miss-grand-international-beauty-contestants-found-infected-with-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png

This is why Quarantine will not end anytime soon.  Everyday a few in Quarantine test positive.  In the near future the only way to determine if Quarantine can end is to put a vaccinated group in an controlled hotel and conduct a RT-PCR test after 5 or 6 days and see if anyone tests positive.  If the vaccinated control group does not have any positives then the government can consider either eliminate or reduce quarantine time.  

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

And how comes, arent the Miss Grand beauty contestants tested for COVID19 upon arrival at the airport or the hotels, my daughter ( a beauty who won an previous Miss Grand contest) is participating in the new contest, I fear now she's contaminate

2 hours ago, smedly said:

Treated how exactly, are they all standing around looking at them 

Pretty sure they will not be sick in any way, how do you you treat a patient that is not sick  

I think the current protocol requires transfer from the hotel to the partner hospital's COVID facility. A single bed hospital room. I think the insurance gets charged for this.

At least that's what happened to a colleague. He was asymptomatic.

Maybe there is a different protocol for these international events (like the badminton tourney).

Putting on the Olympics will be a much, much larger and more challenging endeavor.