3,000 year-old skeletons found in Ang Thong

webfact

3,000 year-old skeletons found in Ang Thong

3000-years-mummy.jpg

A 54 year old villager in Si Bua Thong sub-district, of Ang Thong province has found 3,000 year-old skeletons, apparently mummified, wrapped in shrouding and tied with ropes.

The skeletons were covered with soil, which had solidified into a form of rock. Ancient bowls were also placed on top of the skeletons. Three similar skeletons were also found right next to his house.

The villager revealed that he lives opposite of the fields where, last year, ancient items and skeletons were also found, to a point where the Fine Arts Department sent their officials to excavate the area. At the time, five skeletons were recovered, along with a number of ancient items.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/3000-year-old-skeletons-found-in-ang-thong/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

At my age, my eyesight is perhaps equivalent to that of a 2500+ year old person. Ha!

Anyhow, those look like tools (spear head, axe head, etc.) in the picture. Where are the bones?

Edited by Gumballl
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

At my age, my eyesight is perhaps equivalent to that of a 2500+ year old person. Ha!

Anyhow, those look like tools (spear head, axe head, etc.) in the picture. Where are the bones?

Have you had a bowl of NamTok recently ?

If you dig up buried bodies of citizens you are a morbid ghoul and an immoral ass**** who engages in the disrespectful desecration of graves.
If you dig up buried bodies of 3000 year old corpses, you're a revered academic and showered with accolades and rewards.

Strange world, 'eh?